汕头市金山中学 2015～2016 学年度上学期高一期中考 英语科试卷
命题人: 张晓瑜 许丹琼 本试卷分选择题和非选择题两部分，满分 150 分，考试用时 120 分钟。 第一卷 选择题部分(满分 105 分)
第一部分 听力理解 (5 段, 共 15 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 15 分) 听下面 5 段对话或独白，每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A B C 三个选项中 选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置，听每段对话和独白前，你将有时间阅读各个小题， 每小题 5 分钟；听完后，各小题给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第一段材料，回答第 1~2 题。 1. What do we know about Nora? A. She prefers a room of her own. C. She lives near the city center. 2.What is good about the flat? A. It has a large sitting room. 听第二段材料，回答第 3~4 题。 3.Where has Barbara been? A. Milan. B. Florence. C. Rome. B. It has good furniture. C It has a big kitchen. B. She likes to work with other girls.
4. What has Barbara got in her suitcase? A. Shoes. B. Stones. C. Books.
听第三段材料，回答第 5~7 题。 5. Who is making the telephone call? A. Thomas Brothers. B. Mike Landon. C. Jack Cooper.
6. What relation is the woman to Mr. Cooper? A. His wife. 7. What is the message about? A. A meeting. B. A visit to France C. The date for a trip B. His boss. C. His secretary.
听第四段材料，回答第 8~11 题。 8. Who could the man speaker most probably be?
A. A person who saw the accident. C. A police officer.
B. The driver of the lorry.
9 . What was Mrs. Franks doing when the accident took place? A. Walking along Churchill Avenue. C. Standing outside a bank. 10. When did the accident happen? A. At about 8:00 am. 11. How did the accident happen? A.A lorry hit a car. B.A car ran into a lorry. C.A bank clerk rushed into the street. B. At about 9:00 am. C. At about 10:00 am. B. Getting ready to cross the road.
听第五段材料，回答第 12~15 题。 12. What is the talk mainly about? A. The history of the school. B. The courses for the term. C. The plan for the day.
13. Where can the visitors learn about the subjects for new students? A. In the school hall. B. In the science labs. C. In the classrooms.
14. What can students do in the practical areas? A. Take science courses. B. Enjoy excellent meals. C. Attend workshops.
15. When are the visitors expected to ask questions? A. During the lunch hour. B. After the welcome speech. C. Before the tour of labs.
第二部分 英语知识运用(共两节，满分 50 分) 第一节 单项填空 (共 20 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 20 分) 从每题所给的 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 16. I ________ Beijing in a few days. Do you know when the earliest plane ________? A. leave for; is to leaving off C. am leaving for; takes off B. am leaving for; is to take off D. leave for; is to take off
17. This is the third time I ______ Beijing. The second time I ______ here was on National Day last year. A. have visited; came C. visited; came B. have visited; have come D. visited; have come
18. The number of people at the meeting _______ about 1000, and a large number of them _______ experts from abroad. A. was; was B. were; were C. was; were D. were; was
19.—What was wrong with you yesterday? —When I was playing football, my strength ________ and I fell down. A. gave away B. gave off C. gave out D. gave in
20. He found his son ________ inside the lift, ________ very worried. A. trapping; felt C. trapped; felt B. trapping; feeling D. trapped; feeling
21. She will never forget the days ________ she spent in the countryside. Rather than live in the big city, he prefers ________ in the countryside. A. which; to stay C. that; staying B. which; staying D. when; to stay
22. He loves his parents deeply, and ________ are very kind to him. A. both of whom B. both of who C. both of them D. whom
23. She _______ to her mother that the books which _____ all over the floor didn?t belong to her. A. lied; were laying C. laid; were lain B. lay; was lying D. lied; were lying
24. She insisted that she ________ to the disaster-hit area and that her request ________ reasonable. A. be sent, was A. understanding B. should send, was C. should be sent, be B. understood C. to be understood D. send, should be D. to understand
25. To their surprise, they found the lecture given by the famous professor easy ______.
26. It was in this new hall ________ was just set up last month ________we held an important meeting yesterday. A. where; that A. care for B. which; what B. care about C. that; which C. care with D. which; that D. care of
27. Go about your business in your own way. Don?t _____what others think or say.
28. The little girl _________ go out alone at night. A. dared not B. dares not C. dare not to D. don?t dare
29. We have been asked to spend as much time as we can ______ English since we went to senior high schools. A. to practice speaking C. to practice to speak B. practicing speaking D. practice to speak
30. Though we had never seen each other before, we talked _____ we had been friends for many years. A. as if 31. Tom asked me . B. whether he can use my computer D. if he could use my computer B. even though C. because D. after
A. if he can use my computer C. that he could use my computer
32. ____ of the people on the Net ___ China?s economy is among the strongest in the world. A. Four-fifths; believes C. Four-fifths; believe B. Four-fifth; believe D. Four-fifth; believes
33. Seeing the _______ snake, the girl stood there with a _______ look on her face. A. frightened; frightened C. frightening; frightening 34. Thus we had to A. set out A. go across B. set up B. walk across B. frightened; frightening D. frightening; frightened getting rid of the smoke. C. set off C. go through D. set about D. put through
35. We can hardly _______the trees in the forest because they are so thick.
第二节 完形填空(共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分) 阅读下面短文，掌握其段落大意，然后从每题所给的 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出 最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 Born in America, I spoke English, not Chinese, the language of my ancestors (祖先). When I was three, my parents flashed cards with Chinese My mom believed I would learn 38 36 at my face, but I pushed them 37 39 never came. .
I was ready. But the
On a Chinese New Year ?s Eve, my uncle spoke to me in Chinese, but all I could do was He 40 41 at him, confused, scratching my head. “Still can?t speak Chinese?” me, “You can?t even buy a fish in Chinatown .”
“Hey, this is America, not China. I?ll get some turned to my mom for 43 .
with or without Chinese.” I replied and
“ Remember to ask for fresh fish, Xin Xian Yu, ” she said, handing over a $20 bill. I 44 the words, running downstairs into the streets of Chinatown. 45 surrounded in a sea of customers. “I?d like to buy some fresh fish,” I
I found the fish
shouted to the fisherman. But he 46 my English words and turned to serve the next customer. The laugh of the people behind increased 47 their impatience. With every 49 48 , the breath
of the dragons (龙) on my back grew stronger—my blood boiling—
me to cry out. “Xian
Sheng Yu , please.” “Very Xian Sheng.” I repeated. The crowd burst into laughter. My face turned 50 and I ran back home 51 , except for the $20 bill I held tightly in my pocket. 52 53 . Instead, I was the , but, in the end, the
Should I laugh or cry? They?re Chinese. I should feel right at joke, a disgrace (丢脸) to the language. Sometimes, I laugh at my fish joke is on away. 36. A. custom 37. A. ahead 38. A. when 39. A. success 40. A. aim 41. A. cared about 42. A. right now 43. A. decision 44. A. repeated 45. A. farm 46. A. guessed 47. A. by 48. A. second 49. A. forcing 50. A. bright 51. A. open-mouthed B. games B. around B. before B. study B. joke B. laughed at B. from now B. permission B. reviewed B. stand B. forgot B. as B. effort B. allowing B. blank B. tongue-tied C .characters C. along C. unless C. time C. nod C. argued with C. at times C. information C. spelled C. pond C. doubted C. with C. desire C. persuading C. pale C. empty-handed 54 . Every laugh is a culture 55
; every laugh is my heritage (传统) fading
D. language D. aside D. until D. attempt D. stare D. asked after D. in time D. preparation D. kept D. market D. ignored D. from D. movement D. leading D. red D. broken-hearted
52. A. service 53. A. trade 54. A. it 55. A. thrown
B. home B. deed B. us B. lost
C. risk C. challenge C. me C. divided
D. root D. incident D. them D. reflected (反映)
第三部分 阅读理解 (共 20 小题;第一节共 15 题, 每题 2 分; 第二节共 5 题, 每题 2 分; 满分 40 分) 第一节 阅读下列四篇短文，从每题所给的 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出最佳选项，并把 答题卡上对应题目的答案标号涂黑。（共 15 题, 每题 2 分，满分 30 分） A English is an important global language, but that doesn?t mean it?s easy to learn. Many experts have tried to make English easier for students to learn – but they weren?t always successful. In 1930, Professor CK Ogden of Cambridge University invented Basic English. It had only 850 words (and just eighteen verbs) and Ogden said most people could learn it in just thirty hours. The problem was that people who learned Basic English could write and say simple messages, but they couldn?t understand the answers in ?real? English! It was also impossible to explain a word if it wasn?t in the Basic English word list. For example, if you wanted a watermelon, you asked for ?a large green fruit with the form of an egg, which has a sweet red inside and a good taste?! RE Zachrisson, a university professor in Sweden, decided that the biggest problem for learners of English was spelling, so he invented a language called Anglic. Anglic was similar to English, but with much simpler spelling. ?Father? became ?faadher, ?new? became ?nue? and ?years? became ?yeerz?. Unfortunately for some students of English, Anglic never became popular. Even easier is the language which ships? captains use: it?s called ?Seaspeak?. Seaspeak uses a few simple phrases for every possible situation. In Seaspeak, for example you don?t say, ?I?m sorry what did you say?? or ?I didn?t understand, can you repeat that?? ... it?s just, ?Say again.? No more grammar! In the age of international communication through the Internet who knows? ... A new form of English might appear. A large number of the world?s e-mails are in English and include examples of ?NetLingo? like OIC (Oh, I see) and TTYL (Talk to you later). In another fifty years, English, as we know it, might not exist ... we will probably all speak fluent Internetish! 56. It will take a person about ______ weeks to learn Basic English if he spends two hours learning it every day. A. six B. four C. three D. two B. It might be replaced by Internetish. 57. What might happen to English in another fifty years? A. It might become a global language.
C. It might take the place of all other languages. difficult. 58. The best title for the passage would be ______. A. Seaspeak B. Basic English
D. It might become more and more
C. Easy English B
After an earthquake most survivors can be expected to recover over time, especially with the support of family and friends. Some families will be able to return to their normal life quickly, but others will have to contend with the destruction of their homes, medical problems, and injury to family members. Children especially will need time to recover from the loss of a loved one or a pet or from the closing down of their school. Children often come to adults for information, comfort and help. Parents should try to remain calm, answer children?s questions honestly and remain understanding when they see changes in their children?s behavior. Children react(反应) differently to an earthquake depending on their ages, developmental levels and former experiences. Some will remain silent and not communicate with people, while others will have angry outbursts(爆发). Parents should keep an eye on each child?s reactions. Parents should spend time talking to their children, letting them know that it?s OK to ask questions and to share their worries. Although it may be hard to find time to have these talks, parents can use regular family meal times or bed times for them. They should answer questions shortly and honestly and be sure to ask their children for their opinions and ideas. Problems may come up more than once and parents should remain patient when you answer the questions again. After talking about the earthquake with young children, parents might read their favorite story or have a relaxing family activity to help them calm down. Parents should also tell children they are safe and should spend more time with them. They could play games outside or read together indoors. Most importantly, be sure to tell them you love them. 59. What?s the passage mainly about? A. How to prepare before an earthquake happens B. What to do in an earthquake C. How to face the loss of a loved one in an earthquake
D. How to help children recover mentally (精神上) from an earthquake 60. When children ask the same question again, parents should _______. A. read a favorite story to them B. ask them to do some housework
C. be patient and answer the question again D. take them out to play games 61. Which of the following pieces of advice is NOT mentioned in the passage? A. Keep a close watch on children?s behavior. C. Tell the children you love them. 62. What can we know from the passage? A. All people will recover from an earthquake quickly. B. Children may need a longer time to recover after an earthquake. C. Children should turn to their classmates for help after an earthquake. D. Children react in the same way as adults do to an earthquake. C Whoever has made a voyage up the Hudson River must remember the Catskill Mountains. They are a branch of the great Appalachian（阿巴拉契亚山脉） family, and can be seen to the west rising up to a noble height and towering over the surrounding country. When the weather is fair and settled, they are clothed in blue and purple, and print their beautiful shapes on the clear evening sky, but sometimes when it is cloudless, gray steam gathers around the top of the mountains which, in the last rays of the setting sun, will shine and light up like a crown of glory （光荣，荣誉）. At the foot of these mountains, a traveler may see light smoke going up from a village. In that village, and in one of the houses (which, to tell the exact truth, was sadly time-worn and weather-beaten), there lived many years ago, a simple, good-natured fellow by the name of Rip Van Winkle. Rip's great weakness was a natural dislike of all kinds of money-making labor. It could not be from lack of diligence, for he could sit all day on a wet rock and fish without saying a word, even though he was not encouraged by a single bite. He would carry a gun on his shoulder for hours, walking through woods and fields to shoot a few birds or squirrels. He would never refuse to help a neighbor, even in the roughest work. The women of the village, too, used to employ him to do such little jobs as their less helpful husbands would not do for them. In a word, Rip was ready to B. Tell the children they are safe. D. Ask educational experts (专家) for help.
attend to everybody's business but his own. If left to himself, he would have whistled life away in perfect satisfaction; but his wife was always mad at him for his idleness (懒散). Morning, noon, and night, her tongue was endlessly going, so that he was forced to escape to the outside of the house -- the only side which, in truth, belongs to a henpecked husband. 63. Which of the following best describes the Catskill Mountains? A. They are on the west of the Hudson River. B. They are very high and beautiful in this area. C. They can be seen from the Appalachian family. D. They gather beautiful clouds in blue and purple. 64. The hero of the story is probably_____________. A. hard-working and likes all kinds of work C. simple, idle but very dutiful B. idle and hates all kinds of jobs D. gentle, helpful but a little idle
65. The underlined words "henpecked husband" in the last paragraph probably means a man who A. likes hunting C. loves his wife . B. is afraid of hens D. is afraid of his wife
66. What would be the best title for the text? A. Catskill Mountains. C. Rip Van Winkle. B. A Mountain Village. D. A Dutiful Husband.
D After the violent earthquake that shook Los Angeles in 1994, earthquake scientists had good news to report: The damage and death toll （死亡人数）could have been much worse. More than 60 people died in this earthquake. By comparison, as earthquake of similar intensity that shook America in 1988 claimed 25,000 deaths. Injuries and deaths were relatively less in Los Angeles because the quake occurred at 4:31 a.m. on a holiday, when traffic was light on the city?s highways. In addition, changes made to the construction codes (规章) in Los Angeles during the last 20 years have strengthened the city?s buildings and highways, making them more resistant to quakes.
Despite the good news, civil engineers aren?t resting on their successes. Pinned to their drawing boards are blueprints (蓝图) for improved quake- resistant buildings. The new designs should offer even greater security to cities where earthquakes often take place. In the past, making structures quake-resistant meant firm yet flexible materials, such as steel and wood that bend without breaking, to make buildings more resistant to earthquakes. The new design, however, would install computers in the buildings and the computers would help the building adjust (调节) itself during the earthquake. Such buildings would be called smart buildings and could be very expensive to build. However, they would save many lives and would be less likely to be damaged during an earthquake. 67. About __________ less people lost their lives in the earthquake that shook Los Angeles in 1994 than in the earthquake that occurred in America in 1988. A.2,440 B. 25,000 C. 24,940 D. 60
68. The injuries and deaths were relatively less in Los Angeles thanks to the following reasons EXCEPT that _______________. A. The quake occurred at 4:30 a.m. on a holiday. B. Traffic was light on the city?s highway at that time. C. The city?s buildings and highways have been strengthened. D. A new design has been put into use. 69. The underlined word “resistant” most probably means _____________. A. attractive B. not hit by C. forgotten by D. not destroyed by
70. The writer?s purpose in writing this passage is to ______________. A. report new development in constructing buildings B. encourage engineers to make more use of computer C. compare the result of the earthquakes that occurred in America D. tell the history of the development of building materials 第二节(共 5 小题; 每小题 2 分，满分 10 分) 根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空中的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。 Traveling is what makes your life complete. Finding balance isn?t easy yet it is worth trying. There are hundreds of reasons why you should travel. Here are only 4 of them:
71 Be spontaneous（自发的，主动的） and travel whenever you feel like leaving your daily
routine. Waiting for certain time of the year so that you could spoil yourself is wrong. 2. Your company won?t bankrupt or disappear if you leave it for a week or two. There are plenty of people who can take the place of you and do your job while you are away. 72 Here the point is to plan a week ahead. If you work hard you can play hard. Always
remember that the quality of your work will improve if you have a good rest and let yourself relax and recharge with energy and positive emotions. 3. You cannot be a good employee if you are unhappy and tense. When your mind is free you can perform at 200 percent. 73 You lose balance and
harmony if you experience too much stress, perform a lot of demanding routine and constantly take responsibilities. Take care of yourself. Make sure that your well-being does not suffer. 4. 74 We all want to do well in our profession. We want to be in charge even at home. We like to be appreciated by the community. Being such a person requires several important qualities. To gain the required qualities you must have a multi-dimensional（多维的） personality. 75 .
Be a mentor (有经验、可信赖的顾问） ，inspire others and do what you would like others to do. A. The more new activities you practice, the more chances you can become a better leader. B. Making excuse is much easier than acting. C. Have a richer life if you want to be a better leader. D. You are useless as a worker if your body does not feel great. E. There is no tomorrow; take a break now. F. How exciting and fun your life is depends only on you G. You can do some of it ahead of schedule or you can keep it in on hold.
(满分 45 分)
第一节 语法填空 (共 10 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分) 阅读下面短文， 按照句子结构的语法性和上下文连贯的要求， 在空格处填入一个适当的 词或使用括号中词语的正确形式填空，并将答案填写在答题卡题号为 76-85 的相应位置上。 Air travel makes both people and service dogs very nervous. There are classes 76_______
people get help to defeat their fear of flying. And there is similar 77_______ (train) for service dogs suffering the same problem. You will 78_______ (frequent) see them working on buses, trains and other public transport systems. But the busy environment found at an airport can trouble even the best trained service dogs. People with disabilities depend on 79_______ dogs. They should be 80_______ (rely), and they can safely guide the people through security areas. It is especially when the flying is not smooth 81_______they need the dogs to remain calm on duty on the airplane. It takes special training. The Air Hollywood K9 Flight Center is a school where such help 82_______guiding the disabled can be found. Dog trainers say successful training 83_______ (base) on a simple rule: preparation. Being exposed(暴露） repeatedly to the environment , to loud noises, to sounds, makes dogs 84________(use) to acting and they don?t get excited, when they are trained on a daily basis. Dog 85_______ (own) who have attended the training at Air Hollywood K9 Flight School since it was opened say they now feel much more at ease about future flights. Their dogs also seem ready for takeoff. 第二节 单词拼写 (共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分)根据句子的内容，在空格中填入一 个合适的单词 86. After g________ from university, the young man worked in his father ?s company . 87. My classmates expressed warm c_________ to me on winning the first prize in the chemical contest. 88. It seemed that nothing could prevent terrible d__________, like earthquakes and floods. 89. Before the firemen arrived, the whole building had already been completely d________in the big fire. 90. The goods will be t__________ to Tokyo by air. 第三节 课文填空 （共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） A 段：I 91 didn?t know the best my sister but she has one serious shortcoming.... Although she way of getting to places, she insisted 92 94
properly....my sister doesn?t 93
details. ...She gave me
--- the kind that said she would not change her mind. When I told her that our journey would begin 95 more than 5,000 meters, she seemed to be excited about it....
B 段：At 3:42 am everything began to shake. 96 Steam 97
the world was at an end! …
in the ground. Hard hills of rock became rivers of dirt. In fifteen . ... 99 of families were killed died or were injured and children were
terrible seconds a large city 98 during 100 the earthquake. Thousands .
第四节 翻译填空（共 5 个句子；每个句子 2 分，满分 10 分）根据所给中文，在空格内填入 适当的句子，注意语法是否正确及上下文是否连贯。 Dear Dick, I am writing to share with you my experience of having an earthquake at our village. It was at midnight 101 （我们经历了那次地震）. Lots of houses and
buildings fell down, which made a large number of people die or injured during the earthquake. Luckily, the PLA men and the doctors came in no time. 102 (他
们和往常一样救出埋在废墟中的人们。). With their help, a lot of people were saved. According to them, it was the first time 103 (他们挖掘出这么多人).
The injured people were sent to hospital right away. In order to rescue more injured people, 104 (那里的医生积极参加救援工作). Many people recovered and left the hospital. And I was one of them. Believe it or not, there was a time 105 (我晚上做可
怕的梦). However, as time goes by, I feel better now. Do you have a similar experience as me? I?m looking forward to reading yours. Yours, Steve 汕头市金山中学 2015～2016 学年度上学期高一期中考 英语科参考答案 第一卷 选择题部分(满分 105 分)
第一部分 听力理解(共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分) 1-5 ACAAB 6-10CACCB 11-15BCBCA
第二部分 英语知识运用(共两节，满分 50 分) 第一节 单项填空 (共 20 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 20 分) 16-20CACCD 21-25ACDAD 26-30DBABA 31-35DCDDC
第二节 完形填空(共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分) 36-40 CDACD 41-45 BABAB 46-50 DCAAD 51-55 CBDCB
第三部分阅读理解(共 20 小题；每小题 2 分, 满分 40 分) 第一节 56-58 DBC 第二节 71-75 EGDCA 第二卷 非选择题部分 (满分 45 分) 59-62 DCDB 63-66 BDDC 67-70 CDDA
第一节 语法填空(共 10 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分) 76.where 81. that 77.training 82.as 78.frequently 83. is based 79. their 84. used 80. reliable 85. owners
第二节 单词拼写 (共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分) 86.graduating 87. congratulations 88.disasters 89. destroyed/damaged 90.transported
第三节 课文填空（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 91. am fond of 95. at an altitude of 92.she organize the trip 93. care about 96. It seemed as if 97. burst from holes 94. a determined look 98. lay in ruins
99. Two-thirds of them 100. left without parents 第四节 翻译填空（共 5 个句子；每个句子 2 分，满分 10 分） 101. that we went through/ suffered from/ experienced the earthquake. 102. They rescued/saved the people who were buried in/ under the ruins as usual. 103. that they had dug out so many people. 104. the doctors there took an active part in the rescue work. （用 joined in...actively,或 participated in...actively 表“积极参加”也可以） 105. when I had/dreamed/dreamt a terrible dream at night.