宿迁市 2013-2014 学年度第一学期第一次月考试题高一年级英语
(满分 120 分 第一部分 听力（共两节，满分 20 分） 第一节（共 5 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 5 分） 例：How much is the shirt? A.$ 19.15. 答案是 B. 1. Why does the woman want to go to America? A. To take language courses. visit some friends. 2. What do know about Peter Smith? A. He is having lunch a home. talking with Mary. 3. What is said about the woman? A. She spends more than she earns. has a tight budget 4. What do we know about the speakers? A. They are now traveling in Mexico. festival in Mexico. C. They painted some pictures in Mexico. 5. What is the woman doing? A. Helping children with AIDS. African children. C. Collecting information on African children. 第二节（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6、7 题。 6. What was the man doing during the earthquake? A. Shouting. A. He was ill. frightened. 听第 7 段材料，回答第 8、9 题。 8. Why does the boy love Sunday? A. He can play basketball. watch sports on TV. 9. What is the boy expected to do? A. To help with housework. rest. 听第 8 段材料，回答第 10 至 12 题。 10. What is said about medical development in the future? A. Health care will be free. disappear.
考试时间 120 分钟)
B. To attend a conference.
B. He is out at the moment.
B. she saves a lot each month. C.
B. Running. B. He was helpless.
C. Sleeping. C. He was
7. How was the man when the earthquake took place?
B. He has no classes at school. C.
B. To watch a game on TV.
C. To have a good
B. Cancer may be cured.
11. What will make distant places more popular for holiday? A. Better air service. Lower cost for air travel. 12. What is the topic of this interview? A. Future ways of traveling. future. C. Changes of life in the next decade. 听第 9 段材料，回答 13 至 16 题。 13. Where is the woman going now? A. To an art museum. underground station. 14. Why does the woman come to the city? A. For business. B. For traveling. C. For shopping. C. The price 15. Why does the man recommend the restaurant to the woman? A. The service there is good. B. The food there is tasty. there is low. 16. According to the man, which is the best means of transport to the restaurant? A. The bus. underground. 听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. What kind of passage have you just heard? A. A public lecture. statement. 18. What is the main purpose of the event? A. To increase people’s sense of environment protection. B. To invite people to join an environmental organization. C. To persuade families to have an outing in the mountains. 19. How many trees are going to be planted today? A.700 B.2000 C.4000 B. To come along any 20. What does the speaker advise volunteers to do? A. To learn some tree-planting skills. time they like. C. To bring along their gloves. 第二部分 英语知识运用 (共两大题, 满分 35 分) 一、单项填空（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 21. Our class teacher is still on ________ holiday, so our monitor will be in ________ charge of the meeting today. A. /; / A. run B. the; the B. running C. a; / C. being run D. the; a D. to run 22. Don’t leave the water ________ while you brush your teeth. 23. ----- Let’s go for a walk in the garden. ----- ________, but I need to do the washing-up first. A. Good idea B. That’s right C. No, thank you D. Not at all
B. Faster air transport.
B. Medical progress in the
B. To a Chinese restaurant.
B. The taxi.
B. A radio announcement.
C. A government
24. The light ________ and the room became complete dark. A. put out out 25. The old man ________ a night club to meet more people who could help him out. A. joined in A. is used to live D. used to live 27. It’s foolish _________ him _________ such things. A. for; to do doing 28. The girl and her dog ________ were crossing the street were hit by a coming car. A. which B. what C. that B. what to deal with D. what to be done with B. came B. what B. What if B．which of C. to come C. whatever C. Even when C．its D. coming D. which D. Now that D．whose C. don’t realize D. D. they 29. Last summer I took a course on ________ poisonous gases. A. how to deal with C. how to do with A. come A. that A. For A．which B. of; to do C. for, doing D. of; B. joined C. attended C. is D. took part in used to living 26. She _________ in Sanya, for she has been there for years. B. used to living B. went on C. put off D. went
30. When you sleep, your body prepares you for the day ________. 31. Finally the thief handed everything ________ he had stolen to the police. 32. ________ you have finished your work, you ought to have a good rest. 33. Please pass me the dictionary ________ cover is black． 34. He, along with his brothers, ________ how serious the situation is. A. haven’t realized didn’t realize 35. ________ arriving home, he saw the letter behind the door on the floor. A. Over B. In C. Upon D. At 二、完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 20 分） Years ago, if a teenager had some problems in his life, he might go home and write in his diary; now, a teenager with the 36 problems might go onto the 38 diary? 41 Internet and write about them in a blog. In many ways, a diary and a blog are very 37 , but what makes blogging different from writing in a(n) The biggest difference is that a blog is much more a teenager treats his diary like a book full of with others. It’s interesting that someone who writes in a blog probably write nearly the same information. I have a little sister, and sometimes I go online to read her her chemistry test.
B. hasn’t realized
than a diary. Usually,
that he does not want to 42
a diary will 43 . She writes
about things like waking up early for swimming practice and not studying enough for
I was her age, I wrote about the same thing, but that my sister might read it.
in my diary. Then,
after I had finished writing, I would hide my diary in a secret place because I was The biggest 47 with blogging is that anyone can read what you write. If I 48 about him in 49 , if my sister ever wrote something bad about 50 her blog and get angry. 52 55 about it. However, 53 in contact(联系) D. D. D. D. D. secrets D. D. D. web D. Because D. D. worried D. D. D. Then D. D. D. ask D.
was angry with a friend during high school and wrote something my diary, he would never know. a friend, that friend might There are also 51
to blogging, of course. If I was feeling sad one day and
wrote in my diary “Nobody cares about me ?”, no one would and tell her how much they 36. A. same daily 37. A. simple different 38. A. interesting traditional 39. A. attractive quick 40. A. thoughts 41. A. tell solve 42. A. instead of besides 43. A. blog 44. A. Although 45. A. only never 46. A. angry 47. A. problem mistake 48. A. boring funny 49. A. So 50. A. steal read 51. A. reasons advantages 52. A. care 53. A. prepare feel B. know B. begin C. think B. wishes B. However B. break C. Therefore B. wrong C. bad B. sad B. doubt C. glad B. diary B. Since B. already C. report C. When B. as well as B. puzzles B. share C. ideas B. public B. ordinary B. special 54 her. Blog helps people
if my sister wrote the same sentence in her blog, her best friend would quickly with their friends and know what the people around them are doing. B. interesting C. difficult C. similar C. meaningful C. exciting
C. publish C. except for
C. write C. shortcomings
54. A. like 55. A. lose
B. miss B. stay A
C. need C. leave
D. stand D. find
第三部分 阅读理解 (共15小题；每小题2分，满分30分) Carl studied in our middle school three years ago. Last August his father found a job in another city and his family moved there. He began to study in the new school and we often write to each other. He often tells me something about the city where he lives now and his studies in the school. So I can know what happens to him. Last Friday Carl came to our city again. He hoped to accompany(陪伴) his old grandpa during the summer holiday. He was taller and stronger than before. We swam in the river outside the city together and had a picnic on the island. It surprised me that he had learnt to cook when we were traveling in the wild forest. He told me his parents were both busy and sometimes he stayed at home and he had to look after himself. “How do you like your school?” I asked. “Wonderful,” said the young man.” It has a tall building and there‘re two chemistry labs, two biology labs and three physics ones. And its library is big and there’re plenty of books in it.” “I can see you are satisfied with it.” “Yes,” he answered. “But our geography teacher often says it himself in class.” “So does our new history teacher.” I said. “But he doesn’t notice it. He often talks on and on in a flow of the eloquence（滔滔不绝）, but none of us listens to him.” 56. I can know what happens to Carl because________. A. he lives near to me. often writes to me. 57. Carl came back to our city to________. A. take his summer holiday C. have a picnic on the island. 58. ________, so he learned to cook A. Carl liked all kinds of delicious foods. B. Carl had to do some cooking when he was alone. C. Carl found a job in a restaurant. friends 59. Carl is satisfied with his school because__________. A. it has lots of books B. it has several labs C. it’s wonderful teachers work hard B Several weeks ago, I was doing homework with my son, who was in the third grade, and he kept standing up from his chair to go over the math problems. I kept asking him to sit down and told him that he would concentrate better. He sat but seconds later, as if he didn’t even notice he was doing it, he got up again. I was getting
B. he often calls me
C. I often visit him
B. look after his grandpa D. travel in the wild forest
D. Carl often had a picnic with his
frustrated （沮丧） but then it hit （使突然意识到） I started noticing his answers , me. were much more accurate（准确） and came up much quicker when he stood up. Could he be more focused while standing up? This made me start questioning myself and what we always believe. We tend to believe that being quiet and calm is a sure way to success. Such a child will have discipline（纪律）to study hard, get good grades and become someone important in life. Kids that are active and loud will only be objects of stares （关注） and parents , would say, “My kids will not be like that, I can assure （保证）you.” However, later on some of these parents would come to realize that their kids were born with their own set of DNA and personality traits（特性）. They may not act the way you expect them to act, and all you can do is to love and accept them. As parents, throughout their growing years and beyond that, we need to be our kids’ best cheerleaders（啦啦队长）. I have stopped asking my son to sit down and concentrate. Obviously, he is concentrating, just in his own way and not mine. We need to learn to accept our kids’ way of doing things. The old way may have worked for us but it doesn’t mean we need to carry it on for generations. There is nothing sweeter than being individual and unique（独特的，唯一的）. It makes us free and happy, and that’s just the way I want my kids to live their life. 60. How did the author’s son react when he was asked to sit down? A. He obeyed the author’s order but forgot about it later. B. He ignored the request and insisted on standing. C. He explained to the author why he wanted to stand up. D. He pretended that and felt uncomfortable when he was sitting. 61. The author suggested that parents should _________. A. teach children the importance of being unique B. teach children to use the traditional way to do things C. tell children what they are expected to do D. encourage children to do things in their own way 62. What would be the best title for the passage? A. Study hard and you’ll be successful. B. Make friends with your children. C. Success on your children’s own terms. D. Help with your children’s study. C "USA? Britain? Which country is better to study in?" We often hear such discussions. As China opens its doors, studying abroad has become a dream for many Chinese students. They want to learn about the world. It's true that studying abroad can help students develop themselves. Language skills will improve and it may be easier to find jobs. But there are problems that should be considered. Language is the first. Students must spend a lot of time learning another language and getting used to a different culture. Students must also learn to live without parents' care and deal with all kinds
of things they haven't had to do before, like looking after themselves. There are reports about Chinese students abroad sinking into an ocean of difficulties and giving up easily. When they have to take care of themselves, it is hard for students to study well. Finally, studying abroad brings a heavy burden(负担) to the family. For most Chinese parents, the cost of studying abroad is very high. But is it worth it? We know that there are many famous people who succeed in great things through their hard work in China. Liu Xiang is a good example. Once an American teacher invited him there but he refused. He kept training hard with his Chinese teacher. He surprised the world when he won a gold medal at the Athens Olympics. So when you wonder which country is better to study in, consider whether studying abroad is the right choice. 63. From the passage, we learn that many Chinese students dream about studying abroad to _________. A. learn about the world C. taste a new life abroad. A. places B. time C. money D. language 65. The writer mentions Liu Xiang in the passage in order to tell us that __________. A. Chinese teachers are better than American ones B. studying abroad is not the right choice C. people can also be successful in China if they work hard D. Liu Xiang was a gold medal winner 66. Which of the following is NOT true? A. Studying abroad will cost students' families a lot of money. B. Studying abroad will make it easy for students to learn well. C. Studying abroad will help students to improve language skills. D. Studying abroad will bring students a lot of difficulties in their life. D “If you want to see a thing well, reach out and touch it!” That may seem a strange thing to say. But touching things can help you to see them better. Your eyes can tell you that a glass ball is round. But by holding it in your hands, you can feel how smooth and cool the ball is. You can feel how heavy the glass is. When you feel all these about the ball, you really see it. With your skin, you can feel better. For example, your fingers can tell the difference between two coins in your pocket. You can feel a little drop of water on the back of your hand, too. All children soon learn what “Don’t touch!” means. They hear it often. Yet most of us keep on touching things as we grow up. In shops, we touch things as we might buy: food, clothes. To see something well, we have to touch it. There are ways of learning to see well by feeling. One way is to close your eyes and try to feel everything that is touching your skin. Feel the shoes on your feet, the clothes on your body, the air on your skin. At first, it is not easy to feel
B. make a lot of money D. learn to look after themselves
64. The writer thinks __________ should be considered first before students study
these things. You are too used to them! Most museums are just for looking. But today some museums have some things to touch. There you can feel everything on show. If we want to see better, reach out and touch. Then you will really see. 67. By touching things, ________. A. you will have a strange feeling out your hand C. you can tell the difference of the things they are 68. When people buy things in shops, they often_________. A. feel and touch them C. ask about them __________. A. the things are used by people, too often C. people know how to use the things A. Touching by Feeling See Better---Feel 第四部分 写作（共三节，满分 35 分） 第一节 任务型阅读（每空一词，每题 1 分，共 10 分） This year, about 2,300 teenagers from all over the world will spend about 10 months in US homes. At the same time about 1,300 American teenagers will go to other countries to learn new languages and learn the rest of the world. Here is a 2-way student exchange in action. Fred, 19, spent last year in Germany with George’s family. In turn, George’s son Mike spent a year in Fred’s home in America. Fred, a lively young man, knew little German when he arrived. But after 2 months of studying, the language became easy for him. School was completely different from what he had expected and it was much harder. Students rose respectfully when the teacher entered the room. They took 14 subjects instead of 6 that were usually taken in the US. Family life, too, was different. The father’s word was the law. All the activities were done with the family rather than individually. Fred found the food to be too simple at first. He also missed having a car. “Back home, you pick up some friends in a car and go out to have a good time .In Germany, you walk but you soon learn to like it.” At the same time, in America, Mike, a friendly German boy, was also forming his own ideas. “I suppose I should criticize American schools” he says, “It is far too easy for our level but I have to say that I like it a lot. In Germany, we do nothing but study. Here we take part in many other activities. I think that maybe American schools are better in training their citizens. There ought to be some middle ground between the two.”
B. you will learn how to reach D. you can tell what colors
B. keep their right hands on them D. try them on first Because
69. Why does it say “At first, it is not easy to feel these things?”
B. people feel the things too D. the things are hard to feel D. To
70. Which of the following can be the best title of the story? B. To See or to Feel? C. Ways of Feeling
__71__ between American School Life and German School Life Items( 目) Class rules __73 life School __76__ Going out School life Conclusion 项 American students They don’t have to stand up. They do their things on their __74__. They have six which are very easy to learn. They can 77 cars. They spend a lot of time taking part in __78_. __80__. German students They have to rise and show __72__ for their teachers. They have to listen to their fathers as fathers always make the final __75__. They have 14 which are much more difficult. They have to walk all the way. They spend a lot of time __79__.
To Fred, the German school is completely different from his
第二节 单词拼写 （根据首字母或汉语提示写单词，每空一词，共 10 分） 81. He hopes to a_______________ all his goals soon. 82. Mary was sick, so she didn’t a_____________ Mr. Green’s classes yesterday. 83. Going to Canada for a holiday was a very enjoyable and exciting e______________ for little Tom. 84. We have different students in some classes, so it is a s__________ for me to remember all the faces. 85. Our school gives messages to i___________ the parents of events such as outings and school plays. 86. I can’t thank you enough for your _____________ (善意). 87. His decision caused him to lose a ______________(具有挑战性的) job. 88. Mo Yan has earned ___________ (尊敬) from all the world. 89. David is so generous that he often ___________ (捐赠) a lot of his money to people in need of help. 90. It takes an ___________ (平均) of two weeks to finish a task like this. 第三节 句型转换 （每空一词，每词一分，共 15 分） 91. You can eat here free of charge. You can eat here __________ __________. 92. The students are preparing for the coming exam. The students are __________ __________ for the coming exam. 93. I sat next to a boy called Eric. I sat next to a boy __________ __________ was Eric. 94. Make sure that you take good care of students on campus. Make sure that students on campus __________ __________ good care __________. 95. Upon finishing his studies, he started travelling in China. __________ __________ __________ he finished his studies, he started travelling in China.
96. I don’t like playing computer games because it is a waste of time. I’m __________ __________ __________ playing computer games because it is a waste of time. 命题教师： 青华中学葛建 审校： 张曼莉 宿迁市 2013~2014 学年度第一学期第一次月考试题 高一年级英语答题卡 第Ⅰ卷（共三部分；85 分） 1 [A] [B] [C] [D] 21 [A] [B] [C] [D] 36 [A] [B] [C] [D] 56 [A] [B] [C] [D] 2 [A] [B] [C] [D] 22 [A] [B] [C] [D] 37 [A] [B] [C] [D] 57 [A] [B] [C] [D] 3 [A] [B] [C] [D] 23 [A] [B] [C] [D] 38 [A] [B] [C] [D] 58 [A] [B] [C] [D] 4 [A] [B] [C] [D] 24 [A] [B] [C] [D] 39 [A] [B] [C] [D] 59 [A] [B] [C] [D] 5 [A] [B] [C] [D] 25 [A] [B] [C] [D] 40 [A] [B] [C] [D] 60 [A] [B] [C] [D] 6 [A] [B] [C] [D] 26 [A] [B] [C] [D] 41 [A] [B] [C] [D] 61 [A] [B] [C] [D] 7 [A] [B] [C] [D] 27 [A] [B] [C] [D] 42 [A] [B] [C] [D] 62 [A] [B] [C] [D] 8 [A] [B] [C] [D] 28 [A] [B] [C] [D] 43 [A] [B] [C] [D] 63 [A] [B] [C] [D] 9 [A] [B] [C] [D] 29 [A] [B] [C] [D] 44 [A] [B] [C] [D] 64 [A] [B] [C] [D] 10 [A] [B] [C] [D] 30 [A] [B] [C] [D] 45 [A] [B] [C] [D] 65 [A] [B] [C] [D] 11 [A] [B] [C] [D] 31 [A] [B] [C] [D] 46 [A] [B] [C] [D] 66 [A] [B] [C] [D] 12 [A] [B] [C] [D] 32 [A] [B] [C] [D] 47 [A] [B] [C] [D] 67 [A] [B] [C] [D] 13 [A] [B] [C] [D] 33 [A] [B] [C] [D] 48 [A] [B] [C] [D] 68 [A] [B] [C] [D] 14 [A] [B] [C] [D] 34 [A] [B] [C] [D] 49 [A] [B] [C] [D] 69 [A] [B] [C] [D] 15 [A] [B] [C] [D] 35 [A] [B] [C] [D] 50 [A] [B] [C] [D] 70 [A] [B] [C] [D] 51 [A] [B] [C] [D] 52 [A] [B] [C] [D] 53 [A] [B] [C] [D] 54 [A] [B] [C] [D] 55 [A] [B] [C] [D] 16 [A] [B] [C] [D] 17 [A] [B] [C] [D] 18 [A] [B] [C] [D] 19 [A] [B] [C] [D] 20 [A] [B] [C] [D]
第Ⅱ卷 （共两节；共 35 分） 第四部分：写作（共两节，满 35 分） 第一节 任务型阅读（10 分） 71. _________________ 76. _________________
75. _________________ 第二节 单词拼写 （10 分） 81. _________________
85. _________________ 第三节 句型转换 （15 分）
91. _____________ _____________ ______________
94. _____________ _____________
92. _____________ _____________ ______________
95. _____________ _____________
93. _____________ _____________ ______________
96. _____________ _____________
命题教师： 青华中学葛建 审校： 张 曼莉