第一讲 M3U1 The world of our senses ....................................................2 第二讲 M3U2 Language ............................................................
...............8 第三讲 M3U3 Back to the past ...............................................................15 第四讲 M4U1 Advertising ......................................................................25 第五讲 M4U2 Spots events .....................................................................29 第六讲 M4U3 Spots events .....................................................................37 第七讲 M5U1 Getting along with others ................................................43 第八讲 M5U2 The environment..............................................................45 第九讲 M5U3 Science and nature ...........................................................51 第十讲 名词性从句 ................................................................................58 第十一讲 主谓一致 ................................................................................62 第十二讲 宾语补足语 ............................................................................66 第十三讲 情态动词 ................................................................................69 第十四讲 被动语态 ................................................................................74 第十五讲 非谓语动词 ............................................................................78 第十六讲 阅读专项训练 ........................................................................84 第十七讲 完形填空一 ............................................................................96 第十八讲 完形填空二 .......................................................................... 114
第一讲 M3U1 The world of our senses
【教学目标】 考点：课本重点词汇讲解（重点） 【教学过程】
课本重点词汇复习 A．基础单词 1．________ n．售票员；指挥 2．________vt.观察；注意到；评论 3．________vi.& n．瞥一眼，匆匆看 4．________vt.靠近，接近；着手处理 5．________vt.抓紧，抓牢 6．________vi.凝视，盯着看 7．________adj.感激的；表示感谢的 8．________vt.& vi.减少 9．________ n．志愿者 ________vi.& vt.自愿做； 10 ________vt.分析 11．________ vt.忽视；对……不予理会 12．________ vt.认识，辨认出；意识到； 13．________ vt.使连在一起 14．________ adj.相反的 情况 15．________ vi.& n．惊慌，恐慌 B．词汇拓展 16．________ vt.使糊涂，使迷惑→________ adj.迷惑不解的→________ 令人困惑的 17．________ vi.犹豫，迟疑不决→ ________ n．犹豫 18．________ adj.焦虑，忧虑→________ n．焦虑 19．________ n．距离；远处→________ adj.遥远的 20．________ n．缺陷；伤残→ ________ adj.残疾的 21．________ vt.吸引→ ________ adj.有吸引力的→ ________ n．吸引(力) 22．________ vt.雇佣；使用→________ n．雇主→________ n．雇员
1．forecast vt.& n．预测；预报 At lunch，the radio forecast that the mist would become a thick fog in the afternoon.(P2) 午餐时分，收音机预报说，到下午薄雾就会变成浓雾。 He listens to the weather forecast from the local radio station every morning. 他每天早上收听当地电台的天气预报。 forecast 的过去式及过去分词分别有两种形式：(forecasted，forecasted)或(forecast， forecast)。 前缀 fore表示―(在……)前面，预先‖，它构成的其他单词还有 foresee(预见，预知)， forehead(前额)，foretell(预言)等。 【配套例题 1】 ①对我们来说地震很难预测。 Earthquakes are difficult for us .
②天气预报说明天下午有一场暴风雨。 A storm has for tomorrow afternoon.
2．glance vi.& n．瞥一眼；匆匆一看；在……上闪烁(或闪耀) give/take/throw a glance at 朝……匆匆看一下 glance at 匆匆看一下 at a glance 看一眼便知道 at first glance 乍一看；最初看到时 glare vi. 愤怒地凝视，含有敌对之意，怒目而视。 stare vi. 因吃惊、沉思或恐惧睁大眼睛盯着看。 gaze vi. 因惊讶、喜悦或有兴趣而注视。 glance vi. 匆匆一瞥，粗略地看一看，用眼睛扫视
①那位中年妇女瞥了一眼手表。 The middleaged woman ②乍一看问题似乎很容易。 the problem seemed very easy. 3．approach vt.靠近，接近；着手处理 n．靠近；方法；路径 As she walked along the narrow street，she heard the sound of footsteps approaching，but by the time she reached the corner of the street，the footsteps were gone.(P2)走着走着，波莉听到了一 阵脚步声正在靠近，可当她走到街道拐角处时，脚步声又消失了。 approach to(doing)sth.(做)……的方法；接近；通向…… approach sb.about(doing)sth.因(做)某事与某人商量 make an approach to sb.与……进行探讨 【配套例题 3】 用 approach 翻译句子 ①昨天下午我找他商量去上海的事情。 her watch.
4．wish for 盼望，企盼 A minute before，she had wished for someone to come along.(P2)刚才她还盼望着能有什么人朝 她这里走过来。 wish for...to do sth.期盼发生某事 wish for sth.想要……；盼望…… wish 后接宾语从句时的用法 ①wish 后接宾语从句指现在情况，谓语动词用过去式，be 动词多用 were。 She does wish she knew more about the subject. 她要是对这个问题知道得更多一些多好。 ②wish 后接宾语从句指过去情况时，谓语动词用过去完成时。 He wishes he had been present at the meeting yesterday. 他倒真希望他参加了昨天的会议。 ③wish 后接宾语从句指将来情况时，多由―would/could/might＋动词原形‖构成谓语。 I wish I could go to the moon in a spaceship one day. 我希望有一天我能乘宇宙飞船去月球。 【配套例题 4】 翻译 ①他们不企盼得到怜悯。
5．hesitate vi.犹豫，迟疑不决 Polly hesitated.(P2)波莉犹豫了。 hesitate to do sth.迟疑做某事，不愿做某 hesitation n．踌躇；犹豫 without hesitation 毫不犹豫地 have no hesitation in doing sth.毫不犹豫地做某事 I always hesitate to advise my friends what to read. 我总是犹豫不决该建议我的朋友们看些什么书。 【配套例题 5】 ①你有问题就直截了当地告诉我们。 if you have a problem. ②他从不优柔寡断。 He hesitates . ③她毫不犹豫地作了回答。 She replied . ④我舍不得把这么多钱花在穿衣服上。 I hesitate on clothes. 6．grateful adj.感激的；表示感谢的 The grateful helper(P3)知恩图报的热心人 ①be grateful to sb.for sth.＝thank sb.for sth.为某事对某人感激 be grateful to do 因……而感激的 ②gratefulness n．感激；感激的心情 【配套例题 6】 ①我感谢您的厚意。 I'm your kindness. ②他很感谢受到邀请。 He was grateful . 7．afford vt.担负得起(……的费用，损失，后果)；买得起；有足够的……(去做……)；经受 得住；承担得起；提供；给予 Poor people often have to go hungry because they cannot afford the...(P6)穷人常常不得不挨饿， 因为他们付不起…… 【提示】 afford 不能单独作谓语，通常用在 can，could，be able to 之后，后面可跟名词、 代词或不定式作宾语，但不能接动词ing 形式作宾语。 【配套例题 7】 ①他的父母负担不起他上大学的费用。
②I like the red car very much，but I can't afford it. →I like the red car very much，but I can't .
8．volunteer vt.& vi.自愿做，义务做 n．志愿者 volunteers were required not to eat or drink for eight hours before the experiment.(P9) 要求志愿者在试验开始前八个小时不吃不喝。 volunteer sth.自愿提供，自愿给予 volunteer to do sth.自愿干某事 volunteer oneself to do sth.自愿干某事 voluntary adj.志愿的；自愿的；主动的 【配套例题 8】
9．suit n．套装 vt.适合，满足需要 It was a man in a metal suit.(P15)它是一位穿着金属铠甲的武士。 suit sth.to sth.使某物适合于另一事物 be suited for/to...适合…… be suitable for sb./sth.适合于某人/某物 be suitable to do sth.适合做某事 suit/fit/match 通常表示衣物或其他的物品的式样、颜色等适合某人，也指时间、场所、情况适合 suit 某人。 fit 通常指衣物、物品大小、形状适合、吻合。 match 表示衣物或物品等放在一起搭配协调。 【配套例题 9】 ①—How about eight o'clock outside the cinema? —That A．fits ②Her shoes me fine. B．meets C．satisfies D．suits
her dress；they look very well together.
A．suit B．Fit C．compare D．match
1、知识小结： 2、方法小结： 3、表现小结：
Ⅰ.词义搭配 1．aid A．be slow to speak or act 2．grateful B．seize sb./sth.firmly with hands or fingers 3．anxious C．take a quick look 4．hesitate D．ability to hear 5．grasp E．see and notice；watch carefully 6．hearing F．help 7．observe G．thankful 8．glance H．worried；uneasy Ⅱ.短语填空 in sight；wish for；pay back；reach out；stare up at；even if；watch out for；be frozen with 1．The police are 2．The land came 3．They 4．The monkey the suspect these days. after we had sailed for ten days. the strange sight in the sky. a hand through the bars and took the banana. .
5．We have had everything we can
he invites me，I won't go.
Ⅲ.句型背诵 1．Some people cannot remember something until they have seen it. 有一些人直到看到某件东西才能记住它。 2．Once out in the street，she walked quickly towards her usual bus stop. 一到街上，她就匆匆地向往常乘车的公交车站走去。 3．Polly found herself staring up at the face of an old man with a beard. 波莉发现自己正盯着一张长着胡须的老人的脸。 4．It gives me the chance to pay back the help that people give me when it's sunny. 这给了我一个机会，我可以回报在晴天里人们所给予我的帮助了。 IV 用所给单词或短语的正确形式完成课文缩写 brush；helpful；sense；step；pay；cover；observe；still；fog；desert When Polly left home that morning， the city was1. a thick 2. in the afternoon.At four o'clock，Polly 3. in a grey mist.The mist became out into the fog.Because
the fog was too thick for the bus to run that far，she had to take an underground train.As Polly 4. the passengers on the train，she 5. that she was being watched by a tall man. .As she walked along， she heard the
When Polly got to the station entrance， it was 6.
sound of footsteps，but by the time she reached the corner of the street，the footsteps were gone.Suddenly she felt a rough hand 7. wanted to run ， but fear held her 8. blind man.He wanted to 10. her face.Then she heard the sound again.She .At last ， the stranger turned out to be a 9.
back the help that people had given him when it was sunny.
一 . 单项选择 1. Another factor that __________ climate is oceans. A. effect B. affects C. effects D. affect 2. Elephants have their own way to tell the shape of an object and ______ it is rough or smooth . A. that B. whether C. how D. what 3. Mary wrote an article on ________ the team had failed to win the game. A. why B. what C. who D. that 4. By the time he arrived, the old man __________. A. has already died B. had already died C. already died D. have already died 5. All of us _________ that accident. A. were frozen at B. were frozen by C. were frozen on D. were frozen with 6. We expressed the hope ________ they would come and visit our farm. A. that B. / C. which D. whether 7 I‘m sorry, I‘m not ________ position to __________ you financially. A. in a, help B. on the, help C. at a, helping D. in the, help 8. Every year, our country imports lots of oil, 70% ___________ from the Middle East. A. are B. is C. were D. / 9．The doctor suggested she ____________in bed for a week. A. will lie B. lies C. lie D. lied 10. There was _________ terrible coal mine blast accident that over two hundred people lost their lives. A. such B. so C. such a D. so a
11. ----Tom has been there. ----- ____________. A. So am I B. So I am C. So have I D. so I have 12. We _________ help you _________. A. / , no longer B. can , no longer C. can‘t , no longer D. can no longer, / 13. The shopkeeper did not want to sell for ______ was thought not enough. A. where B. how C. what D. which 14. It is unfair to separate the black from the white, ________? A. is it B. doesn‘t it C. isn‘t it D. does it 15. Let us go out and play football, ________________? A. will you B. shall we C. do you D. do we 二. 单词填空 1. This work costs us nothing; it‘s all done by v_____________ . 2. He m___________ his knife at the table by lifting food with. 3. The driver i___________ the danger sign and then could not stop the bus on the hill. 4. I didn‘t dare to speak aloud or even w________ to her what was in my mind. 5. When banks fail in one day, there was a p_________ among businessmen. 6. The headmaster is t__________ busy; he will be able to see you in a few minutes. 7. I was s___________ at my work from morning till night. 8. The weather is certainly __________（不可预言的） lately. 9. The bear, when cornered, is one of the f___________ of all animals. 10. Animals have developed their own u_________ senses over long process of evolution. 三. 翻译句子 1. 关心你的健康是有道理的. (make sense) 2. 别跟我说那么多消息, 你都把我搞糊涂了. (confuse) 3.你必须总是当心这儿的交通. (watch out for) 4. 这列火车将使我能及时到达那儿.(enable) 5. 与现在相比,那时它是一个小地方.(compare to)
第二讲 M3 Unit2 Language 学生：
【教学目标】 考点：课本重点词汇讲解（重点） 【教学过程】
课本重点词汇复习 A．基础单词 1．______ n. 词汇 2．______ vt. 占领；占用 3．______ n. 混合，混合体 4．______ adj.官方的，正式的 5．______ vt. 击败，战胜 6．______ vt. 替换，代替，取代 7．______ n. 过程；进程 8．______ n. 区别，差别 9．______ n. 关心 10．______ adj. 独特的 11．______ vi.& vt 插嘴，打断， 12．______ vt.& vi. 组合 13. ______ vt. 区分，辨别 14．______ vt. 显示，表示；象征， 15. ______ n．图案，花纹；模式， 16．______ n．版本 B．词汇拓展 17．______ n．贡献，促成因素；捐赠→______ vi.& vt. 贡献；投稿 18．______ vt.进入；使用 ______n. 通道；(使用的)机会，权利 →______ adj. 可达到的； 可接近的；可利用的 19． ______ vt.使尴尬，使难堪 →______ adj. 难为情的 → ______ adj.令人难为情的 20．______ vi.相异，有区别→______ n．不同 → ______adj. 不同的 21．______ vt.简化 → _____ adj. 简单的 22．______ adj. 方便的→______ n．方便 23．______ adj.切实可行的，实用的 →______ n．实践
1. occupy vt.占领；占用(时间、空间等)；担任(职务)，使从事 Then two Germanic groups from the European mainland－the Angles and the Saxons－occupied Britain.(P22)然后来自欧洲大陆的两个日耳曼部落 ——盎格鲁人和撒克逊人 ——占领了不列 颠。 keep sb. occupied使某人忙碌 occupy oneself with/in (doing) sth.某人忙于(做)某事 be occupied in (doing) /with sth.忙于(做)某事；正在做某事 occupation n．职业 【配套例题1】 ①公共汽车上所有的座位都有人了。 All the seats on the bus .
②他们占领这座岛屿的企图失败了。 They failed in their attempt to .
③她把自己一半的时间用于从事政治活动。 2．consist of 由……组成(构成) Old English consisted of a mixture of their languages.(P22)古英语就是由他们的语言混合而成 的。 consist of＝be made up of consist in在于；存在于；以……为主要因素 consist with和……一致 【配套例题2】 ①水由氢元素和氧元素构成。 Water hydrogen and oxygen.＝Water hydrogen and oxygen.
②这是面粉和水的混合物。 This is a mixture flour and water.
3．aside from除了……；除……之外，还…… Aside from place names such as London，very few Celtic words became part of Old English.(P22)除了像―London‖这样的地名，很少凯尔特语中的单词成为古英语的一部分。 besides/except/aside/apart from besides 意为―除了……，(还，也)‖，表示的是追加关系，整体中包括了―除了‖的部分。 意为―除了……，(其余的都)‖，表示的是剔除的关系，整体中不包括―除了‖的 except 部分，except除了后面接名词、代词外，还可接介词短语或从句。 在不同的上下文中，既有besides的含义，又有except和except for的含义，要根 aside/apart from 据上下文来判别。 Apart from English，he has a good command of Russian and French. 除英语外，他还精通俄语和法语。(＝besides) 【配套例题3】 翻译句子 ①他除了脸部和双手受伤以外，两条腿也断了。
4．contribution n．贡献；促成因素；捐款(赠) The most important contribution was from the Normans，a French-speaking people who defeated England and took control of the country in 1066.(P22)最大的贡献来自于讲法语的诺曼人，他们 在 1066 年打败并统治了英格兰。 Robert's contribution should also be remembered. 罗伯特的贡献同样应该久记不忘。 make contributions to (toward)对……作出贡献 contribute vi.& vt.捐助；捐献；贡献；投稿 contribute...to...向……捐献(投稿) contribute to...促成；起作用；有助于 【配套例题4】
①A proper amount of exercise A．results from ②He A. spent B．contributes to
good health. C．attends to D．devotes to
all his time and energy to his work. B．cost C．contributed D．combined
5. defeat vt.击败，战胜 n．失败，战败 The most important contribution was from the Normans，a Frenchspeaking people who defeated England and took control of the country in 1066.(P22)最大的贡献来自于讲法语的诺曼人，他们 在 1066 年打败并统治了英格兰。 The mayor defeated all opponents in the last election. 在上次竞选中市长打败了所有对手。 win/beat/defeat 指在游戏、比赛、竞争、选举中获胜，后面不能接人，可用于短语win a win battle/victory/prize/seat。 beat 指在运动比赛、竞赛中获胜，打败了其他人或其他队，可用于短语beat sb.at/in sth. 与beat意思及用法相同，但defeat较为正式。若指一个国家在战争中获胜则只能用 defeat defeat，可用于短语defeat sb.by...points。 【配套例题5】 ①昨天游泳我赢了她。 I her at swimming yesterday.
②我赢了昨天那场比赛。 I the match yesterday.
6．raise vt.养育，培养；举起；增加，提高；筹募；提及 After the Norman Conquest，many English people worked as servants who raised animals.(P23)诺 曼征服之后，很多英国人沦为诺曼人的仆人，他们为诺曼人饲养牲畜。 I was raised by my aunt on a farm. 我是在农场由姨妈抚养大的。 raise/rise 是及物动词，可用于被动语态，表示―提高，举起，抚养，筹募‖，可指工资、数量、 raise 价格、容量、地位等增长、增加、上涨、加大、提高等。 是不及物动词，使用范围较广，可指太阳、月亮、物价、数量、地位、河水等升起、 rise 增长、 上升、 发源， 还可指人―起床、 起立‖等。 rise的过去式为rose， 过去分词为risen。 The sun rises above the horizon.太阳从地平线上升起。 He rises very early in the morning.他早上起得很早。 【配套例题6】 选词填空：raise/rise ①I am always wondering how you manage to ②My spirit abroad. 7. concern n．关心；忧虑 vt.涉及；使担忧；对……感兴趣 King Henry Ⅶ was a poet who showed great concern for language.(P29) 亨利七世国王是一位诗人，非常关心语言。
four children on such a small income.
when I heard the good news that I would be given a chance to study
show/express(great)concern about... 对……表示关心/担心 be concerned about/for...关心/挂念 concern oneself with/in/about sth.忙于某事；关心某事 as far as...be concerned 就……而言 【配套例题7】 ①This novel was concerned concerned the hero's love story. B．with；with C．for；about D．about；with the Second World War，while most teenagers are more
②It is not your problem—don't concern yourself of it.
③Concerned your letter，I am pleased to inform you that your plans are quite acceptable to us.
8．access vt.进入；使用 n．通道；(使用的)机会，权利 Today， the spread of ?borrowed words‘ is mostly due to the easily accessed Internet and television programmes from across the world.(P29)今天，世界各地都可以方便地上网、收看电视节目， 使得外来词广为传播。 give access to准许进入 have/get/gain/obtain access to 获得进入……的机会；可以进入；可以使得 accessible adj.可达到的；可进入的 be accessible to sth.可进入；可使用 【配套例题8】 ①海滩应向所有人开放。 The beach should be ②教师可以自由使用图书馆。 Teachers have the library. .
③他得到一个和总统接近的机会。 He to the president.
9． combine vt.& vi.组合；(使)联合 Sometimes to express ideas，some characters were made by combining two or more characters together.(P38)有时候为了表达思想，一些汉字是由两个或更多的汉字组合而成。 combine A and/with B把A和B结合/联合；兼有 combine to do sth.联(结)合起来干…… combine against...为反抗……而联合 combination n．[U]联合；结合[C]混合体；结合体 【配套例题9】 ①有些影片把教育和娱乐融在一起。
Some films . ②这种型号同时具备电话机和传真机的功能。 This model a telephone fax machine. ③这是一份关于合并小型乡村学校的好处的报告。 This is a report on the small village schools. 10．distinguish vt.区分，辨别；使具有某种特征 It is easy to distinguish their meanings by looking at them...(P38) 通过观看它们就可以很容易地区分它们的意思…… Speeches distinguish human beings from animals. 人类和动物的区别在于人会说话。 distinguish...from...把……与……区分开 【配套例题10】 ①很难辨认出他和他的孪生兄弟。 It is hard him ②她在音乐方面成就出众。 She music. ③该法官对许多案件进行辨析。 The judge many cases. his twin brother.
1、知识小结： 2、方法小结： 3、表现小结：
Ⅰ.词义搭配 1．defeat A．a particular way of speaking 2．lead to B．difference 3．replace C．be made up of 4．entire D．result in；cause 5．accent E．take the place of 6．distinction F．beat sb；win a victory 7．consist of G．complete；whole Ⅱ.短语填空 take control of；name after；play a part in；as well；go through；be made up of；aside from 1． the prize，he also got much experience and honor. the nation's two biggest housing finance companies. its national economy. him.
2． Last week the government
3．China is a big agricultural country，and agriculture(农业) 4．His family suggested that the robot he had invented 5．This book twelve separate short stories.
official；adopt；modern；include；affect；nowadays；upper；take control of；process； contribute Throughout history，English has changed a lot. English can be divided into three sections: Old English，Middle English and 1. English we speak 2. England. Many factors 4. conquered England and 5. to the development of Middle English. In 1066，the Normans the country. After the Norman Conquest，6. class English. Old English is very different from the language of
.By the 10th century，Old English was the 3.
people spoke French while common people spoke English. By the latter half of the 14th century， English was 7. by all classes in England.
Modern English began during the Renaissance in the 16th century.Modern English 8. many Latin and Greek words. Pronunciation also underwent huge changes during this period. Where a person comes from will 9. his style of speech. If a person from the south of
England goes to the north，he may find it difficult to understand what people there are saying. It is certain that this 10. will continue.
一. 单项填空 1. He was seriously ill. That‘s ______ he didn‘t appear at the party. A. because B. what C. why D. when 2. It is_______ that I can still remember_______ was discussed at the meeting. A. sure; when B. sure; what C. certain; when D. certain; what 3. According to a UN report, 30 percent of the world population have no______ to clean drinking water and health care. A. sense B. chance C. access D. standard 4. —Do you like The Legend of Bruce Lee? —Yes. I think it is popular_______ the country. A. through B. across C. over D. from 5. —How are you getting on with your business, Tom? —I‘m glad to say it is______ after several months‘ depression. A. picking up B. making up C. taking up D. turning up 6. It was on the farm_______ he spent his childhood learning how to grow vegetables. A. where B. that C. when D. which 7. Not only I but also many others are______ by the______ examinations. A. bored; bored B. bored; boring C. boring; bored D. boring; boring 8. It is said that the desert is moving as_____ whole in_____ direction of the city. A. a; / B. /; the C. a; the D. the; a 9. The newly-published book______ thirty maps,_____ five of Japan. A. contains; including B. is containing; including C. includes; contains D. contains; included 10. —Is this book interesting?
—Yes, but I‘m sure it won‘t interest______ . A. everybody B. anybody C. nobody D. somebody 11. —John says he has just arrived, but it has been raining for hours, and his shoes are completely dry. —He_____ be joking! He_____ be telling the truth. A. can; mustn‘t B. must; can‘t C. should; mustn‘t D. must; mustn‘t 12. Our English teacher has______ the English language in this text to make it easier for us to understand. A. changed B. simplified C. developed D. combined 13. The next Olympic Games_______ in London in 2012. A. is about to be held B. is to be held C. is going to hold D. will hold 14. —What is the_______ language of India? —English. A. foreign B. international C. official D. native 15. —Father, you______ ! —Well, so_____ . But it was you who didn‘t keep your word first. A. will promise; I will B. promised; I did C. has promised; has I D. promise; I do 二. 完形填空 With the fast pace of modern life, more and more people are living under great pressure. Some people are afraid 1 pressure. They think that the stress of work takes joy and happiness away from them. In their view, stress does harm to them 2 physically and mentally. That is 3 they prefer something less competitive to something more challenging. Others argue that stress isn‘t as bad as it is often supposed to be. 4 it is beyond yourself, a certain amount of stress can be of great significance. 5 , without stress it is easy to waste time. Stress gives purpose and meaning to a meaningless and boring life. Most people 6 are under stress finally achieving goals. And they can bring _______7 ability into full play. In my opinion, we shouldn‘t escape from stress but face it as it is. What we can do is to adapt to stress rather ____8 avoid it.
第三讲 M3U3 Back to the past
【教学目标】 考点：课本重点词汇讲解（重点） 【教学过程】
课本重点词汇复习 A．基础单词 1． 2． 3． 4． 5． 6． 7. 8． 9． 10． 11． 12． 13． 14． 15． 16． 17． 18． B．词汇拓展 19． 20． n．文明→ vt.使开化；教化 adj.逐渐的
n．讲座 adj.不幸的，遗憾的 vt. 装饰，装潢 n．研究者；调查者 n．灾难 vt.毁坏，摧毁 adj. 商业的，贸易的 n．废墟；毁坏 vt.破坏， n. 遗物，遗迹，遗骸 prep.在……之下 n．文件，文献 vi.爆炸 adj.强有力的 vt.宣布，宣称 n．薪金，薪水 n．基础；基准；原因 vt.使腐化，使堕落 n．审讯，审理；考验
21． 22． 23． 24． 25． 26． 27． 28． 29．
adj.极度的；极端的→ vi.抱怨→ n．抱怨
adj.历史的；与历史研究相关的→ n．解决办法，解答→ n．表达；表情，神色→ vt.教育→ n．教育
vt. 解决；解答 vt.表达
adj.意识到的，知道的；察觉到的→ n．法官，审判员；裁判员→ n．毒药，毒物 vt.毒害，下毒→
n．知道；明白 n．判断；判决 adj.有毒的
1. erupt vi. （火山等）爆发，喷发；突然发生；（感情）突然迸发 On 24 August AD79, the volcano erupted and lava, ash and rocks poured out of it onto the surrounding countryside. (P42) 公园79年8月24日，该火山爆发，熔岩、火山灰和岩石从火山 口喷射到周边的乡村。 eruption n. 爆发 Violence has erupted on the streets. 【配套例题1】 The volcano A. which erupted 2. alive adj. 活的 yesterday sent a lot of smoke, fire, and rock into the sky. B. erupted C. being erupted D. to erupt
Many people were buried alive，and so was the city.(P42)许多人都被活埋了，整座城市也被掩 埋了。 alive是形容词，意为―活的‖，在句中作主语补足语。 We are very surprised to hear that this old man caught a lion alive. alive/living/live/lively adj.―活着的‖，可修饰人或物，用作表语(此时可与living互换)、宾补和后置定语， alive 不能用作前置定语。 adj.―有生命的，活着的‖，多作表语和前置定语，可修饰人或物；还可作名词，意 living 为―生计‖。 adj.―活生生的，直播的，现场的‖，只用作前置定语，一般只修饰物，不指人；还 live 可作副词，意为―以直播方式‖。 lively 【配套例题2】
alive/living/live/lively ①A person is full of energy and is always doing things actively. on a lifesupport machine. as a singer. . animals are shipped around the world each year.
②Doctors kept him ③Her dream was to earn her ④Millions of 3．decorate vt.装饰，装潢
⑤The enemy officer was caught
...I saw several houses which were decorated with wall paintings.(P43) ……我看见了好几所装饰有壁画的房子。 decorate...with...用……装饰/装修…… decoration n．装饰，装修 【配套例题3】 the window I saw the girl's room was decorated stars. A．On；by B．Through；with C．From；by D．Into；with small moons and small
4．ruin n．废墟；毁坏 vt.破坏，毁灭；破产 A scholar from the local cultural institute， Professor Zhang， told us that around the year 1900 the European explorer Sven Hedin discovered the ruins of the Loulan Kingdom.(P43)当地文化研 究所的一位专家张教授告诉我们，是100年前瑞典的斯文· 海定发现了楼兰王国的遗迹。 be in ruins 严重受损；破败不堪 fall into ruin灭亡，荒芜 ruin oneself自取灭亡 ruin one's health/fame毁坏某人的健康/名誉 destroy/damage/ruin 常指彻底破坏，以致不能或很难修复，常作―破坏、毁灭‖讲，也可指―希望、计划‖ destroy 等破灭； damage vt.& n．，指部分损坏或使用价值有所降低；作名词时常和to sth.连用； vt.& n．，多指自然因素对建筑物、动植物、城镇等带来严重破坏，破坏的后果往 ruin 往是事物丧失价值；也可指使假期、希望、梦想、前程等美好的事物尽毁或严重 危害健康等。 The bridge was damaged by the flood.
那座桥被洪水破坏了。 He has destroyed my hope.他破坏了我的希望。 【配套例题4】 选词填空：damage/destroy/ruin ①Smoking a little can also ②The heavy rain your health，so you'd better drop it. our plan of having a football match. .
③After the earthquake，the city was completely in ④Zhang Jian
his car in the accident，but he has had it repaired now.
5．remains n．遗迹；遗物；遗骸 Sven found the remains of buildings buried beneath the sand，...(P43) 斯文发现了埋在沙漠之中的楼兰王国的遗迹，…… remain vi.留下；剩下；停留；依旧，仍然是(用作系动词，后接形容词、名词、分词和介词 短语) remaining adj.剩下的，剩余的 remain/stay remain stay 两词意思相近，常可互换使用。指继续逗留，或者物体保持原来的形态。 侧重暂时停留某地。 remaining / left remaining left 【配套例题5】 ①Please ②He used his ③There is no books (呆)here till I return. (剩余的)money to buy a book. (剩下的)on the shelf. (留下来)after the explosion. 两词都意为―剩余的‖。remaining作前置定语。 作后置定语
④Only the shell of the building 6．consider v.认为；考虑
On the World Heritage List put out by UNESCO，altogether there are about 900 World Heritage sites，which are considered to have extraordinary value to human civilizations.(P46)在联 合国教科文组织的世界遗产名录上收录了共约900个世界文化遗址，这些地方被认为对人类
文明有着不同寻常的价值。 【配套例题6】 ①我们在考虑买一辆新车。 We are considering ②我已在考虑下一步该怎么办。 I've begun to consider . .
③你有没有考虑到他仅仅是个小男孩？ Have you considered 7．complain vt.& vi.抱怨；诉苦 One complained that the room was not clean and that it was not very comfortable either.(P49)一个 学生抱怨说房间不干净而且也不舒适。 complain about抱怨，投诉 complain of抱怨，诉苦 complain to sb.about/of 向某人抱怨…… complain that...抱怨…… complaint n．抱怨；诉苦 【配套例题7】 ①母亲总是抱怨没有足够的时间。 Mother is always ②她常抱怨说他不诚实。 She often complains . enough time. ？
③我对旅馆房间有几点不满意见。 I have several .
8．declare vt. 宣布，宣告；宣称，断言；申报（收入、财产、纳税品等） The next day, US President Franklin Roosevelt declared war against Japan. (P55) 第二天， 美 国总统富兰克林· 罗斯福就向日本宣战了。 Australia declared its support for agreement. 【配套例题8】 ① We have time and again A declared that we will never be the first to use nuclear weapons. B. announced
② Footsteps A announced
his return. B. declared C. published D. proclaimed
9. historical adj. 历史的，基于历史的；史学的 What UNESCO has done to protect historical places. (P56) 联合国教科文组织对历史遗址所做 的。 historical 与历史有关的； 历 史上的 If it is a historical film, they must find the right house and castle. 如果是一部历史电影，他们必须找到合适的房子 和城堡。 historic 具有历史意义的 The area is of special historic significance. 这一城区有特 殊的历史意义。 【配套例题9】 The A. history Nanchang Uprising is the symbol of our formal fight against the enemy. B. historic C. historical D. historical
1、知识小结： 2、方法小结： 3、表现小结：
Ⅰ.词义搭配 1．disaster 2．gradually 3．ruin 4．beneath 5．explode 6．remains 7．document 8．flee Ⅱ.短语填空 break down； take over； pour out； turn out； result in； decorate...with...； run through； put...under protection 1．I have the columns of the newspaper. the beer
A．blow up or burst B．a paper that gives information C．great misfortune D．happening slowly, not suddenly E．escape；leave quickly F．below；directly under G．destroy H．parts that are left
2．Carefully and slowly he
3．The virus caused the computer to
and it needed repairing. his company after he retired. balloons，ribbons and flowers. .
4．As had been expected，his youngest daughter 5．On important occasions，the schools
6．The historical and cultural relics of this area have been Ⅲ. 用所给单词的适当形式完成课文缩写
gradually；pour；civilization；unfortunate；erupt；ruin；but；lecture；found；flee I felt lucky to win the chance to take the trip to Pompeii and Loulan，both of which became lost 1. long ago. about the ancient Roman city, which was
Before visiting Pompeii, we attended a 2. 3. 4.
in the 8th century BC. On 24th August AD 79， the volcano， which was near the city, and lava, ash and rocks5. out of it. All the people who failed to 6. ！
were buried alive，and so was the city. How 7.
After several days of traveling, we arrived in Loulan. This was a small, 8._____ commercial city which existed about 2,000 years ago.It is believed to have been 9. _____ covered over by sandstorms. Around the year 1900 the European explorer Sven Hedin discovered the 10. of the Loulan Kingdom.
一、根据首字母填空完成句子： 1．It‘s hard to imagine how this quiet volcano d_____________ the whole city! 2. C___________ environmentalists expressed their worry over the pollution of the Yangtze River. 3. One of the c_________ of this job is that you agree to work abroad. 4. It is my teacher‘s i______ that made me finally take up my present career as an English teacher. 5. Many people were b________ alive when the building collapsed. 6. He threw away the r___________ of a meal in the trash. 7. The ship began to s__________ when it hit an iceberg. 8. The colonies d___________ their independence from England. 9. Very long noises in the factory can d _________ people mad. 10. The earthquake left the whole town in r_________. 二、根据中文填空完成句子 1．人们将建造一座纪念碑以悼念那些在地震中遇难的人们。 A monument will be set up _________ _________ __________ victims in the earthquake. 2．粗心毁了他的前途。 A careless mistake ___________ __________ ___________.
3．由于还有很多工作有待完成，他没有时间休息。 With a lot of work _________ __________ _________ ___________, he could spare no time for a rest. 4. 我们订购的所有货物都到达了, 而且状况良好。 All the goods we ordered have arrived _________ ___________ _____________. 5. 他因出色地完成了任务而受到表扬。 He was praised for having __________ __________ the mission perfectly. 6. 不要沉迷于电脑游戏，你父母在为你担心。 Don‘t be addicted to the computer games. Your parents _________ _________ ________ you. 7．他们通过购买股份的方式接管了我们公司。 They _________ __________ our company by buying up shares. 8．主席宣布会议开始。 The chairman ____________ the meeting ____________. 9. 我们给彼德一件精美的礼物，作为对他合作的回报。 We gave Peter a nice present _________ _________ ________ his cooperation. 10. 为了多赚钱，他被迫做几份兼职。 He ________ ________ __________ take several part-time jobs to earn more money . 三、选词语填空完成句子 in return feed on carry out on board be concerned about in poor condition in use take over have an influence over
1. The manager discussed the plan that they would like to see ______________ the next year. 2. When he died, his wife ______________ the business. 3. I helped him with housework and he gave me some money _______________. 4. All passengers _______________ tried their best to save the sick woman. 5. His words ________________ me, which made me become an honest person. 6. Due to the severe damage, the bridge is no longer ______________. 7. A sheep which ___________ this kind of special grass usually grows much faster than one on ordinary. 8. He can‘t work any more because he is ______________. 9. ___________ her book, she didn‘t hear the knock at the door. 10. We __________________ your safety in the quake-stricken area. Please contact us soon. 四、单项选择 1. Don‘t let me catch you ______. A. do that again A. to see B. to do that again B. see C. doing that again C. seeing B. smoking…to smoke D. smoking…smoking C. for living B. to be regularly tested
D. done that again D. seen
2. We must have an engineer ______ the workers build the house. 3. I don‘t allow ______ in my office and I don‘t allow my family ______ at all. A. to smoke…smoking C. to smoke…to smoke A. to live B. to live in
4. George went hunting for a week but still he didn‘t find a room ______. D. to be living in 5. The law requires all cars _______ for safety and efficiency. A. being tested regularly
C. be regularly tested A. to move A. to have you know
D. regularly tested B. move B. have you know C. moving D. moved
6. He was just about to jump up when he felt something ______ near his feet. 7. I would like ______ that I don‘t have a very high opinion of you. C. to have your known D. having you know 8. When he awoke, he found himself ______ in the hospital and ______ by an old woman. A. lying…being looked after C. lie…be looked after A. to be informed A. look it up A. is A. has been completed C. will have been completed A. leaving; get dressing C. remained; get dressed 14. ---Is Mr. Stephen in, please? He___ me. --- Yes, sir. In the meeting room. A. is expecting A. normal A. on no condition A. lost A. when A. to do A. buy house. A. to take A. keep B. taking B. make C. take C. let D. taken D. prevent 22. There was nothing to ___ us doing so. 23. ---Did you listen to Mr. Jackson‘s lecture? ---Yes, I have never heard such a ___one. A. more exciting B. more excited
B. lying…be looking after D. lie…being looked after
9. The manager promised to keep me ______ of how our business was going on. B. informed B. look up it B. am C. on informing C. refer to it C. are B. has completed D. will have completed B. remaining; get to dress D. left; get dressed D. informing D. consult in D. were 10. If you don‘t know the meaning of the word, you can ___ in a dictionary. 11. Neither you nor I, nor anybody else ___ content to live in such a lonely village. 12. The mayor of Beijing says that all construction work for Beijing Olympics ___ by 2006.
13. Mary, it‘s already 7 o‘clock. I‘m afraid there is not much time _____for you to ___for the ball.
B. has expected B. average B. on condition B. separated B. before B. done B. to buy
C. expected C. regular C. under the condition C. spared C. until C. doing C. of buying
D. was expecting D. ordinary D. on condition that D. missed D. while D. did D. for buying
15. Free medical treatment in this country covers sickness of mind as well as ___ sickness. 16 They will give us the money ___ we pay it back within half a year. 17. As we joined the crowd I got ___ from my friends. 18. John knocked at the door for nearly five minutes___ his wife opened it. 19. They got the work ______ before the rainy season set in. 20. Please remind me ______ some eggs for the coming party. 21. Although John was the oldest in the family, he always let his sister _______ charge of the
C. most excited
D. most exciting
24.I told the police who came to look into the accident what ___ the poor girl. A. was happened on A These who want 五、填空 take over take back take up B. was happening on B Anyone wants take away take off C. happened on C Those that want take out take action take down take in D. had happened to D People want 25.____ to take the English evening course. Please fill in this form.
take charge of take control of
1 .He opened the drawer and ______________ a notebook. 2. He expects to ______________ the business when his father retires. 3. Can you _________________what I am saying? 4. Mr. Li __________________gardening after he retired. 5. _________________ the notes while listening to the teacher. 6. Who has___________________ my book? 7. Who will ____________________ the class when the head-teacher is away? 8. The Chinese government _____________________to protect the cultural heritage. 六、用所给词语编写故事。 destroy, concerned, sink, influence, ruins, bury, in return(for), in memory of, on board, carry out
第四讲 M4 Unit1 Advertising 学生：
【教学目标】 考点：课本重点词汇讲解（重点） 【教学过程】
课本重点词汇复习 A．基础单词 1. __________v.（为…）做广告；登广告 3. __________ n. 服务 5. __________n. 评论，意见 7. __________n.口号 9. __________adj.满意的 11. __________n. 想像力，想像 13. __________n.选择 15. __________vt. 更新 17. __________adj. 难忘的 19. __________n. 听众；观众 B．重点短语 1. 做有关……的研究 ________________ 3. 高质量的________________ 5. 对……满意________________ 7. 诱使某人干……________________ 9. 对……评论________________ 11. 以……为自豪________________ 13. 原本打算做……________________ 15. 迎合________________ 17. 推荐……为________________ 19. 为人民服务________________ 2. __________n.产品 4. __________n.牙膏 6. __________n.顾客，消费者 8. __________vt.促销，推广 10. __________adj.独特的，独一无二的 12. __________adj.令人着迷的 14. __________adj.老式的，过时的 16. __________n.特色，特点 18. __________adj. 便利的，方便的 20. __________n.目标， 对象 2. 可供利用的________________ 4. 劝服某人做……________________ 6. 出售________________ 8. 专为……设计/打算________________ 10. 各种各样的________________ 12. 治愈某人的病________________ 14. 保护……免受________________ 16. 传达________________ 18. 和……分享________________ 20. 对……作出反应________________
1. persuasive adj. 有说服力的，劝诱的，劝说的 An advertisement provides information and uses persuasive language and exciting images to encourage people to buy a product or service or believe in an idea. （P2）广告通过提供有关信 息、 使用劝导性语言和令人兴奋的图像， 来鼓励人们购买某种产品或服务或者是相信某种理 念。persuade vt. 说服，劝说；使某人相信 persuade sb. to do sth./ persuade sb. into doing sth.说服某人做某事 persuade sb. of sth. / persuade sb. that…使某人相信 He is trying to persuade local and foreign businesses to invest in the project. Her legal advisers persuaded her into/out of mentioning (= to mention/not to mention) the names of the people involved in the robbery. It's no use trying to persuade him (that) you're innocent. 【配套例题 1】 ①Alice trusts you, only you can ________ her to give up the foolish idea. A. suggest B. attract C. tempt D. persuade ②While shopping，people sometimes can‘t help ____ into buying something they don't really need．? A．to persuade B．persuading C．being persuaded D．be persuaded
③The number of deaths from heart disease will be reduced greatly if people _____to eat more fruit and vegetables. A. persuade B. will persuade C. be persuaded D. are persuaded 2. trick n.骗局；玩笑，恶作剧；把戏 vt.欺骗；捉弄 Not all ads play tricks on us though. （P3）然而，并不是所有的广告都跟我们玩这类把戏的。 play a joke/trick （on sb.）开（某人的）玩笑 I thought I heard something - my ears must have been playing tricks on me. Fate played a cruel trick on him when he was badly injured in his first international game. 【配套例题 2】 翻译： ①孩子们经常耍些花招戏弄老师 ________________________________________________________. ② 真的是她吗？还是我看花了眼？ Was it her, or were my eyes ________ ________ ________ ________. 3. aim n. 目标，目的 PSAs aim to teach us and help us lead better lives. （P3）公益广告旨在教育我们，并帮助我们 过上更好的生活。 During the Middle Ages, the main aim of painters was to represent religions themes. achieve one‘s aim 达到某人的目的 take aim （at）…（向……）瞄准 without aim 漫无目的地 with the aim of 以……为目标，意在…… 【配套例题 3】 翻译： ①这些村民去玉树是为了帮助地震灾区的人们。 ________________________________________________________. ②这些措施旨在阻止河流遭受进一步污染。 The measures _____ _____ _____ stopping the river _____ being further polluted. 4. deal with 对付，应对，对待；处理，解决；涉及；与…..做生意 These ads deal with large social issue. （P3）这些广告与社会问题有关。 She's used to dealing with difficult customers. deal with 与 do with 的辨析 ① deal with 意为―与…..做生意，对待，处理，涉及‖，表示―处理，解决‖时常与连接副 词 how 连用。I don‘t know how to deal with the old radio. ② do with 意为―对付，处理，利用，与……有关‖，表示―处理，利用‖时，常与连接代 词 what 连用。 【配套例题 4】 ① How are you going to _____ the water pollution of this area？ A. do with B. deal with C. face with D. keep with ② The headmaster asked his students what they _____ themselves on Saturday. A. did with B. dealt with C. made up D. took up ③ The nurse has great trouble _____ such naught children. A．dealing with B. reasoning with C. meeting with D. finishing with 5. determine vt.控制，决定；确定，裁定；核算 In order to determine your audience, you‘ll need to do a little research. （P18）为了确定你的目 标受众，你需要做一点调查研究工作。 The number of staff we can take on will be determined by how much money we're allowed to spend. Your health is determined in part by what you eat. determination n.决心；果断；确定 determined adj.坚决的，坚定的 【配套例题 5】 ① Once he has determined _____ something, no one can change his mind.
A. to do B. doing C. to have done D. having done ② 翻译：我们的价格由市场决定。 ______________________________________________________________________. 6. appeal to 呼吁，恳请，求助；对……有吸引力，引起……的兴趣；启发，劝说，唤起 It‘s important to always try to appeal to the way the audience will react. （P18）有一点很重要， 无论什么时候都要努力迎合目标受众的反应方式。 The police are appealing to the public for any information about the missing girl. This music is too old-fashioned to appeal to people any longer. 【配套例题 6】 翻译： ① 我们本不该用武力解决问题。 We ___________ __________ _________ __________ force. ② 这场演出直截了当的方式将会吸引孩子们。 The show‘s direct approach __________ __________ _________ children. 7. get sth. across 使明白，使理解，表达，传达 There are lots of different ways to get your message across when you are putting together an ad campaign.（P18）当你组织一场广告宣传活动时，有许多不同的方式可用来传达讯息。 He sometimes had trouble getting his meaning across in English. What message are you trying to get across to the consumers? get across 传播 get about 走动， （消息等）传开 get ahead 获得成功，取得进展 get along 前进，进展， （with）与……相处 【配套例题 11】 ① When I was young, I was terribly frightened of school, but soon I _________ . A. got off B. got across C. went away D. got over ② 翻译：他不善于表达自己的思想。 _______________________________________________________________. 8.urge v. & n. 驱赶，驱策；催促，力劝，迫切需求 ……they might then urge their parents and other people to give up smoking, too. （P19）他们也 可能会督促他们的父母和其他人戒烟。 urge sb. to do sth. 促使某人做某事 I got a note from Mona, urging me to get in touch. He urged that a referendum（should）be held by December. 【配套例题 8】 ① The report urged that all children _______ taught to swim. A. was B. were C. be D. are ②她策马跳过篱笆。 She _______ the mare _______ _______ the fence. 9. die from 因……致死，死于 ……that many smokers die all too soon from illnesses and diseases related to smoking.（P19）有 许多吸烟者过早地死于与吸烟有关的疾病。 My grandfather died from a heart attack. die off 一个个死掉（或枯死） die away 渐消，平息 die down 平息，变弱 die for 死于 die of 死于 die out 灭绝 【配套例题 9】 翻译： ① 大火终于熄灭了。 _______________________________________________________________. ② 他的怒气消了一点。 _______________________________________________________________.
Ⅰ.单词拼写。 1. If you want to sell your product, you must_______（做广告） it. 2. He a_____ to be a successful writer. 3. Don‘t let yourself be p______ into buying things you don‘t really want. 4. The Hope Project is______（为……而打算）for the children who can‘t afford to study. 5. After the 100-meter race, all of us were very tired and out of b______. 6. The company is p_________ their new products by advertising on television. 7. I was told that he had made an unpleasant c_________ on my speech.. 8. The s______ for our class is ― work hard or you‘ll miss the future‖. 9 Sometimes customers can _______(受益) from some advertisements. 10.In our country , a(n) _______ (全国性的) program to fight against AIDS. Ⅱ.短语填空。 be used to, for free, play tricks on, even if, be aware of, fall for, deal with, pay for, believe in, be meant to, fool sb. into , feel pleased with 1. You can‘t expect people to work ________. 2. I _______getting up early and going to bed early now. 3. His poems often ______ the subject of death. 4. The salesman said the car was in good condition, and I was foolish enough to ______it. 5. The customer ____________ the nice comment. 6. My brother _____________ cooking dinner for me, which made me unhappy. 7. I‘ll clean my room _______ it takes me the whole afternoon. 8. The kids are very naughty. They always __________ their neighbors. 9. You should ______ yourself and try to be confident, otherwise you can never succeed.. 10. You‘ll have to _________ your laziness. 11. This software ___________ protect computers from being attacked by virus. 12. He _________ the danger of smoking finally.. Ⅲ. 用所给单词或短语的正确形式完成课文缩写。 Nowadays, we can find a________ almost wherever we go. I did some research on advertisements, and have some important information to s______ with you. An ad uses words and pictures to p_____ people to buy a product or s_____, or to b______ in an idea. There are two main types of ads------ c______ ads and PSAs. A commercial advertisement is _____ which someone has p_____ for to a______ a product or service. PSAs are run for f_____, and are m______ to educate people about health, safety, or any other problem t____ affects public w______. As for an ad, we must be a_____ of the skillful methods used in ads to try to p____ their products. Even ___ an ad does not lie, it does not mean it is altogether i_____. Some advertisers make good c_______ on you, and make a mental c______ with their products , hoping you can remember their products or service. We must not f____ for this kind of trick. However, not all ads play t_____ on us though. PSAs a____ to teach us and help us lead better lives. China began a n_______ public service advertising c_______ in 1996. These ads d______ with widespread social concerns. There are also PSAs that encourage people to support public service projects, such as Project Hope. Its m____ is ―Project Hope ------educating every child.‖ There are even PSAs to teach us h____ to live healthy lives. One of these is, ―when you smoke c______ , you are slowly killing yourself‖. All of these ads are meant to b______ the public, and you can often learn a lot by f______ the advice they give.
一. 单项填空 1.As ___ matter of fact, I quite wonder at ____ old expert‘s learning, and his professional knowledge has been of _____ great to us. A. the; the;/ B. a; the;/ C. the;/; the D. /;an; the 2. The country life he was used to____ greatly since 1992. A. change B. has changed C. changing D. have changed 3. The young army officer was ____to the rank of captain. A. encouraged B. promoted C. awarded D. permitted
4. The strange man fooled the young girl ____ going abroad for work, but she kept calm and didn‘t fall ___ his sweet words. A. onto with B. from in C. into for D. about with 5. Tom made his brother _____ by____ him. A. to cry; playing tricks on B. cry; playing tricks of C. cry; playing tricks on D. to cry; playing tricks of 6. —____doesn‘t always happen as we expect. —Really! So we mustn‘t take the impossible things as our aims in case that we might be disappointed in future. A. Anything B. Everything C. Nothing D. Something 7. Many pupils can‘t make full use of their time, ____they realize how valuable it is. A. as if B. now that C. even though D. so that 8. The Americans and the British not only speak the same language but also_______ a large number of social customs. A. join B. take C. share D. spare 9. —Do you think Li Ping is coming to attend the conference? —Sure. I have ____ her to. A. supposed B. advised C. persuaded D. suggested 10. The manager had fallen asleep where he____, without undressing. A. was laying B. was lying C. had laid D. had lied 11. The new school advertised ____many newspapers ____teachers of all subjects. A. for; with B. in; in C. in; for D. on; about 12. —I‘d like to go to the cinema with you, Dad. —Sorry, but the film is_______ for adults only. A. promised B. admitted C. permitted D. intended 13. ____ we come across difficulties in English study, we‘ll help one another to overcome them. A. Wherever B. Whatever C. However D. Whenever 14. —Could you give me some advice on how to make a successful advertisement? — _____. No problem at all. A. With pleasure B. My pleasure C. For pleasure D. At your pleasure 15. Two years ago I didn‘t know what to ____ the new equipment and now I have learned how to ___ it. A. do with; deal with B. do with; deal with C. deal with; deal with D. do with; do with 二. 完成下列句子。 1. 商业广告是一种人们为了推销某商品或服务而花钱做的广告 A commercial advertisement is one which _______________________________________. 2. 公益广告往往是免费投放的，其目的是就健康、安全或其他影响到公众利益的问题对老 百姓进行教育。 PSAs are often placed for free, and __________________________ about health, safety, or any other issue which affects public welfare. 3. 然而，并非所有的广告都给我们设陷阱的。 ____________________________________________though. 4. 他的批评是针对我们大家的。His criticism ___________________ all of us. 5. 我们有多种方式解决这个问题。 There are several ________________________________________.
第五讲 M4 U2 Spots events 学生： 上课时间
【教学目标】 考点：课本重点词汇讲解（重点） 【教学过程】
课本重点词汇复习 A．基础单词 1. ______ n.委员会 2. ______ adj. 愉快的， 3. ______ n.重要性，重要意义 4. ______ adv.简要地，扼要地 5. ______ vi.比赛，竞争 6. ______ adj.单独的，分开的，不同的 7. ______ n.尊敬，敬意 8. ______ n.仪式，典礼 9. ______ n.贡献 10. ______ adj.光辉的，光荣的，荣耀的 11______ n.交通运输系统；运输 12. ______ n.起源，来由 13. ______ n.技术，技法，技巧 14. ______ n. 对手，竞争者 15. ______ n.协会 16. ______ n. 贡献 17. ______adj.先前的，早前的 18. ______ vt. 敦促，力劝 B. 重点短语 1. 高兴做……__________________ 2. 在……中扮演角色__________________ 3. 参加__________________ 4. 为……节省时间__________________ 5. 每四年__________________ 6. 允许某人做……__________________ 7.尊敬，为纪念……__________________ 8.被公认为……__________________ 9. 使做……成为可能__________________ 10.实现某人的梦想__________________ 11.打破世界纪录__________________ 12. 为…做贡献__________________ 13.和…有关__________________ 14.满足某人的要求__________________ 15.控制住，保持……处于控制下__________________ 16. 为……让路，让位于…. __________________ 17. 使某人卷入/参加（做）……__________________18. 尝试做某事__________________ 19.保护……免受……__________________ 20.至少__________________
1. delighted adj.高兴的，愉快的 I am delighted to have been invited to your school to talk to you about the history and significance of the Olympic Games. (P22) 我很高兴能够被邀请到你校跟你们谈谈奥运的历史和它的重要 意义。 be delighted to do sth.乐意做某事 be delighted at/with/by sth. 最某事感到满意 We'd be delighted to come to dinner on Friday. We're delighted with our new house. delight vt. 使非常高兴、满意 n. 高兴，愉快；令人高兴的事，乐事 【配套例题 1】 ① ___________, he has passed the driving test. A. To my much delight B. Much to my delight C. To my delight much D. Much for my delight ②你能留下了我很高兴。 I ________ ________ ________ you could stay. 2. compete vi. 比赛；竞争；比得上 ……by tradition the athletes were all men and they had to compete wearing no clothes. (P22) 按 照传统，运动员都是男性，他们必须裸替竞赛。 compete with/ against 与……竞争 compete in 参加（比赛） ，在……竞争 compete for 争夺 competition n. 比赛，竞赛 competitor n. 竞争者，参赛者 You will be competing against the best athletes in the world. The two teams will compete for championship.
【配套例题 2】 ①At the Olympic Games our representatives were in ________ with the best swimmers from all parts of the world. A. comparison B. conflict C. competence D. competition ②翻译：她的梦想是参加奥运会（比赛） 。 _______________________________________________. 3. come to one’s attention 成为某人注意的对象 Did you know that perhaps the most famous boxer of all time first came to public attention during the 1960 Rome Olympics? (P22)有史以来第一次引起公众瞩目的最著名的拳击手可能是在 1960 年罗马奥运会上，这一情况你知道吗？ He came to our attention when he made the surprising decision. It has recently come to my attention that some of the younger boys are not using the toilets for the proper purpose. attention n.注意力，关心 attract/catch/draw/ get one‘s attention 吸引某人注意 focus/fix one‘s attention on/upon，devote one‘s attention to 专心于 direct/turn one‘s attention to 将注意力转向 pay/draw attention to 注意 hold one‘s attention on 将某人的注意力集中于 【配套例题 3】 ①The chemistry teacher required the students _________ more attention _________ the lab clean. A. to pay, to keep B. to paying, to keeping C. to pay, to keeping D. paying, keeping ②翻译：我敲了敲窗以引起她的注意。 I knocked on the window to _________ _________ _________. 4. make contributions to 对…… 做出贡献 Chinese athletes have also made important contributions to the Olympic Games. (P23)中国运动 员也为奥运会做出了重要贡献。 contribute vi.&vt. 捐赠，捐助，贡献；促成，有助于 They are hard-working people and are willing to make even greater contributions to their hometown. 【配套例题 4】 ①We should make contributions_________ our environment. A. to protecting B. to protect C. protecting D. protect ②这项发明对道路安全做出了主要贡献。 This invention made _________ _________ _________ _________ road safety. 5. attempt n.努力；尝试，企图 vt. ( 常与 to do 连用)尝试，企图 These are some of the Olympic athletes who have brought joy to people across the world with their attempts to push the boundaries of human achievement. (P23)运动员们不断尝试着挑战人 类极限，为全世界人们带来欢乐，上述这些只是其中的一些例子。 An astronaut will attempt to leave the stationary spaceship and then return to it. She made an attempt to cook the dinner. make an attempt at 打算；试图 make an attempt to do 打算；试图 make an attempt on 攻击，袭击 make an attempt on sb.‘s life 谋害某人的性命 attempted murder/robbery/suicide 谋杀/抢劫/自杀未遂 【配套例题 5】 ①Shelly had prepared carefully for her biology examination so that she could be sure of passing it on her first _______. A. intention B. attempt C. purpose D. desire ②翻译：他们没有企图逃跑。 They _______ _______ _______ _______ escape. 6. role n.角色，任务
Today, players from China, …play leading roles in…(P36) 现今，中国的运动员占领先地位。 play a part in doing sth. 在……中发挥作用；在……中扮演角色 【配套例题 6】 ①She will tell us why she feels so strongly that each of us has a role _________ in making the earth a better place to live. A. to have played B. to play C. to be played D. to be playing ②电话在我们的日常生活中起着重要作用。 _________________________________________________. 7. association n. 协会，社团；关联；联想 First, a sport must have its own international association. (P38)首先，该运动必须有自己的国际 组织。 in association with 与……联合（结交, 有关联） associate v. 联合; 由……联想到……, 把……联系起来 be associated with…与……相关联 The association meets four times a year. He developed a close association with the university. 【配套例题 7】 翻译： ①母亲告诫孩子们别和坏人交往。 Mother warned the boys ________ ________ ________ ________ bad companions. ②这个协会每年召开 4 次会议。 ________________________________________________. 8. remove v. 移走; 去掉，去除; 脱（衣）;免除，解除 Some sports that were part of the Olympics in the past have been removed. (P38)有些运动曾经是 奥运会的项目但又被取消了。 He removed the picture and put it in the drawer. remove sb./sth. from sth. 从…移开… 【配套例题 8】 翻译： ①他们撤销了他的职务。 They ________ him ________ his position. ②把桌上的桌布拿走。 ________________________________________________. 9. balance n. 平衡；余额；匀称 vi.&vt.使平衡；结算；抵消 The ICO has still not approved the sport because it wants to maintain a balance of sports…（P38） 国际奥委会目前还没有批准该项目，因为国际奥委会希望能够维持比赛项目的平衡…… The toddler(初学走路的孩子)wobbled and lost his balance How long can you balance yourself on one foot? balance A against B 权衡 A 和 B 【配套例题 9】 翻译： ① 你要平衡了才能骑得好。 You have to _______ _______ so that you can ride well. ②我们在做每件事情之前都应该权衡下其利弊。 We should _______ _______ _______ _______ _______ _______ before choosing to do everything.
1、知识小结： 2、方法小结： 3、表现小结：
1. He‘s really d_______ with his new CD player. 2. She r______ the dirty dishes from the table. 3. The research showed an a_______ between diet and various diseases. 4. I do not think this case is really of great s_______. 5. A bus t_______ us from the airport to the city. 6. He c_______ with a number of other candidates. 7. The match ended in a t______. 8. I had the h_______ of presenting the awards at the ceremony. 9. The new government will come into p_______ next month. 10. He made an a_______ to take a medical degree. Ⅱ.短语填空。 lead the way., in honour of, come to public attention, compete in, make way for be associated with, make contributions to, attempt to do sth., be of little significance be delighted to 1. The prisoners _______ escape, but failed. 2. Tomorrow we will hold a party __________ my sister‘s birthday. 3. How many runners will be __________ the marathon? 4. You __________ and we‘ll follow. 5. Einstein, who discovered the theory of relativity, ______ great _______ science. 6. His social problems ______________ heavy drinking. 7. She ______________ the first time she acted in a film. 8. The proposals they put forward at the meeting _______ _______ _______ _______. 9. I ______________ see my old friends again. 10.I do not think it is a good idea to give up the environment to ______________ economic development. Ⅲ. 翻译句子。 请根据所给提示，翻译下列句子(每空一词)。 1. 我父母不让我参加像拳击、摔跤这类容易使选手受伤的运动。 My parents don‘t allow me to __________ __________ __________ the sports in __________ the players get hurt easily, such as boxing and __________. 2. 总共八名队员将展开角逐, 争夺三枚奖牌。 There are eight players __________ __________ who will __________ __________ three __________. 3. 在体育课上，老师将男生与女生分开。 In the PE lesson, the teacher __________ the boys __________ the girls. 4. 孩子的出生给全家人带来了欢乐。 The birth of the child __________ __________ __________ the whole family. 5. 我很愿意与你们同甘同苦。 I‘m very pleased to __________ __________ and sorrow __________ you. 6. 他为中国体育所做出的贡献使他得到了公众的关注。 The __________ he had made to Chinese sports made him __________ to __________ __________.
一. 单项填空。 1. There will be a discussion tomorrow, those who want to ______ please raise your hands. A. join B. take part in C. join it D. take part 2. A man is being questioned in relation to the ________ murder last night. A. advised B. attended C. attempted D. admitted 3. European football is played in 80 countries, _______ it the most popular sports in the world. A. making B. makes C. made D. to make 4. He successfully passed the exam and was _____to his ideal university.
A. received B. admitted C. permitted D. moved 5. — How do you like your college life? —Terrible．Not only ____ less spare time, but ____myself even busier than before． A. do I enjoy; do I find B. I enjoy; I find C. do I enjoy; I find D. I enjoy; do I find 6. Email, as well as letters, ______ an important part in daily communication. A. is playing B. have played C. are playing D. play 7. — How long has Mary ________ Johnson? — I don‘t know. I even didn‘t know that they had _______. A. been married with; married B. married with; married C. married to; married D. been married to; got married 8. _________ you use English, _______ mistakes you‘ll make while using it. Then you‘ll be confident in using it. A. The more; the less B. The more; the fewer C. The more; the more D. More; fewer 9. Many in the credit industry expect that credit cards will eventually ________ paper money for almost every purchase. A. exchange? B. decrease C. trade D replace 10. ––– What could I do? My students are puzzled at what I said. ––– If the students don‘t understand what you are talking about in class, it means that you haven‘t ______ your meaning _____. A. got; across B. got; through C. got; away D. got; around 11. My wife bought a pair of trousers for only 10 dollars yesterday; it was a real______. A. exchange B. bargain C. trade D. business 12. — Jordan scored more than thirty points in each game in this season. — There‘s no doubt that he ____________ the title ―The Best Scorer‖. A. declares B. deserves C. likes D. confirms 13. This is the product our manager wants to see ______ in a different way from the ones of a similar kind. A. being advertised B. to advertise C. advertising D. advertised 14. When the manager goes out for vacation, he always leaves his secretary _______ the factory. A. in the charge of B. in charge of C. in charge D. in the charge 15. _______ to give up smoking, he threw away his _______ cigarettes. A. Determined; remained B. Determined; remaining C. Determining; remained D. Determining; remaining 二. 完形填空。 I came to study in the US last fall. My life had been quite 1 since I arrived at Andover.
Although I had quite a few extracurricular ( 课外的 ) activities, I hadn‘t taken any official leadership position. This 2 changed when I received an e-mail from Ms Griffith, my cluster dean (主任), that a few female DC Rep was needed. DC Rep 4 Discipline Committee Representative. boarding school students break serious rules, like using 6 studies. The punishments given to such students are 3 5
, getting drunk or cheating in the
7 by a DC Rep, a house counselor, two
student representatives, the cluster dean. I was really interested in becoming a DC Rep for my cluster, Pine Knoll, us to write 10 8 so were five other students. We had to hold 9 and Ms Griffith asked
to be sent to everyone in Pine Knoll. 11 because they are difficult
I thought hard about what to write. I didn‘t want to make any
to keep. I didn‘t want to say I was experienced, because I was not. So I started my speech by
I wanted to become a DC Rep. ― I want to serve Pine Knoll and also learn how 13 .
American boarding schools carry out disciplines,‖ I wrote I made three 14
that said ― Vote For Teresa‖ and put them on every exit (出口处) of my
dorm so that people would 15 my name when they went to vote. Although I tried hard, I didn‘t win the election, I was allow me to 17 for very long. I actually 18 16 . But my positive nature didn‘t
when my friends tried to comfort（安慰） me.
―Teresa, I‘m sorry that you didn‘t win the election,‖ they would say. ―No, don‘t be sorry for me. I am very happy to have taken part in the election.‖ I said. It is true: the 19 is much more important than the result. I am surprised and happy to
discover my hidden 20 . 1. A. hard 2. A. condition 3. A. explaining 4. A. stands for 5. A. Usually 6. A. computers 7. A. carried out 8. A. or 9. A. a discussion 10. A. articles 11. A. mistakes 12. A. how 13. A. seriously 14. A. posters 15. A. recognize 16. A. satisfied 17. A. put out 18. A. smiled 19. A. reason 20. A. strength B. terrible B. situation B. writing B. asks for B. Sometimes B. drugs B. given B. although B. a meeting B. speeches B. movements B. whether B. easily B. advertisements B. remember B. surprised B. look down B. cried B. attitude B. courage C. happy C. time C. saying C. calls for C. often C. cars C. determined C. but C. an election C. compositions C. promises C. when C. fluently C. speeches C. forget C. disappointed C. feel down C. laughed C. process C. ability
D. simple D. life D. talking D. looks for D. Sometimes D. mobiles D. made D. therefore D. a selection D. introductions D. requests D. why D. honestly D. promises D. know D. helpless D. lie down D. sorrowed D. aim D. skill
三. 同义句改写。 1. To my delight, I heard that he had won another gold medal. I __________ __________ __________ __________ that he had won another gold medal. 2. It is known to all that the Olympic Games are held every four years. __________ is known to all, the Olympic Games are held every __________ year. 3. Due to the development of medical science, there is a possibility that people can live much longer than ever before. The development of medical science __________ __________ __________ for people __________ __________ much longer than ever before. 4. A balanced diet and regular exercise help him have a strong body. A balanced diet and regular exercise __________ __________ his strong body. 5. Having been absent for 32 years, China came back to the Olympics in 1984. __________ 32 years‘ __________, China __________ to the Olympics in 1984.
第六讲 M4 U3 Spots events 学生：
【教学目标】 考点：课本重点词汇讲解（重点） 【教学过程】
课本重点词汇复习 A．基础单词 1. __________ n.现实 3. __________ vt.传送，传递 5. __________ adj.极好的，特棒的 7. __________vt.宣布 9. __________ vi.逐渐暗淡；衰退 11. __________ vt.表达，吐露 13. __________ n.幸福 15. __________adj.温柔的；举止得体的 17. __________ vt. & n.向导；引导 19. __________ n.听众；观众 B 重点短语 1. 成千上万的 ________________ 3. 发出（气味、光）等 ________________ 5. 给某人留下深刻印象 ________________ 7. 创办，简历，创立 ________________ 9.关闭，使停业；是倒闭 _____________ 11. 发现，偶遇 ________________ 13. 把……变成现实________________ 15. 使某人能够做某事 ________________ 17. 提供给某人某物 _______________ 19. 以……为背景 ________________ 2. ______________ adj.非凡的，特别的 4. __________vt.签（名）迹象；n.征兆 6. __________n.机会 8. __________vt.雇佣；使用 10. __________adv.因此，所以 12. __________n.表面 14. __________ adj.没有名字的；无名气的 16. __________ vt. 营救 18. __________ adj.缺乏经验的；不成熟的 20. __________ n.目标， 对象 2. 与……相连接 ________________ 4. 提出一个争论 ________________ 6. 最后但同样重要的 ________________ 8. 被控告犯有……罪 ________________ 10. 依我看 ________________ 12. 传递 ________________ 14. 使某人的梦想成真 ________________ 16. 朝……方向 ________________ 18. 对……某事/某人失望 ________________ 20. 赢得决定胜负的一球 ________________
1. reality n. 现实；事实 RealCine---virtual reality for everyone.（P42）RealCine---人人都能享受的虚拟现实世界。 in reality 事实上 realize v. 实现 come true 和 realize 两个词均可表示―实现‖的意思，但是 come true 是不及物动词短语，而 realize 是及物动词。 ①He realized his hope. ②The fears were realized. ③His dream has come true/been realized .
come about 发生，造成 come across 偶然遇见 come into being/existence 开始存在，建立 come into power 开始执政 come up 走近，提出 【配套例题 1】 翻译： ①她看上去信心十足，而实际上却紧张得要命。 She appeared confident but ______ __ ______ __ she felt extremely nervous. ②史密斯先生偶然发现一个小孩睡在桥下。 Mr. Smith___________ a child sleeping under the bridge. 2. add to 使增强；使增加，使扩大 To add to the virtual world of RealCine, the headsets even have small openings that give out smells to match the environment.（P42）给 RealCine 虚拟世界锦上添花的是，耳机上甚至还 有一些小孔，可以释放出与环境相匹配的气味。 To add to the pleasant atmosphere, people play fireworks. Our explanation seemed only to add to his bewilderment. add…to…. 把---加到--in addition 另外 in addition to 除---之外（还） 【配套例题 2】 翻译： ①这次旅行将大大增加了我们的见识。 ______ ________ ________ ________ _____ _____ __ . ②她往咖啡里加了些糖。 ______ ________ ________ ________ _____ _____ __ . 3. give out 分发；发出(气味、热等)；发表；用尽 To add to the virtual world of RealCine, the headsets even have small openings that give out smells to match the environment.（P42）给 RealCine 虚拟世界锦上添花的是，耳机上甚至还 有一些小孔，可以释放出与环境相匹配的气味。 My legs gave out and l couldn't walk any further. The results of the examination won't be given out. give up／give in／give off／give away give up 放弃 give in 屈服；让步；投降 give off 送出；发出（光/热） giveaway 赠送；放弃；泄露；出卖 【配套例题 3】 翻译： ①Never give up the study English． 永远不要放弃英语学习。 ______ ________ ________ ________ _____ _____ __ . ②是市长给获胜者颁发奖品的。 It was the mayor who______ ______ the prizes to the winners． 4. be connected to 与……相连接 Both the headsets and the gloves are connected to a computer network in the VR studio.（P42）耳 机和手套都与虚拟现实工作室里的电脑网络相连。 connect A to (with) B＝join A to B 指两物有形的连接 connect to 相连;衔接 A be connected with B A 与 B 有联系 注意：当要表达―把 A 与 B 连接起来‖时，用介词 to 和 with 都可以；但要表达―A 与 B 有联 系‖时，只能用 with。 Connect me with the post-office, please. 请接邮政局。 （电话用语） 【配套例题 4】 翻译：
①我的电话接错了。 I ______ ______ ______ the wrong number. ②警方认为他与那起谋杀案有关。 The police thought he ______ ______ ______ was connected with the murder. 5.confident adj.自信的 This encouraged him to become more confident around others.（P43）这鼓励了他在与人交往时 更自信。 be confident of sth. 对---自信 confidence n.信心 have confidence in sth . 对某事有信心 self-confidence n.自信 I have every reason to be confident of our victory. I had every confidence in my secretary; she would do the right thing. 【配套例题 5】 翻译： ①你太害羞了，你应该增强自信心。 You are too shy so you should have ______ ______ ______ yourself. ②他的心态从容而自信。 She was in a ______ , ______ mood. 6. convenience n. 方便，便利；便利的设施或用具 ……but he was able to see and touch a lion while still in the convenience of the VR studio.（P43） 但是借助 VR 工作室里设备的便利，他能看见并且抚摸一只狮子。 at one‘s convenience 在某人方便的时候 convenient adj.方便的；附近的 Will three o‘clock be convenient for you? When we parted after dinner, he suggested a convenient time for both of us to meet next time. 【配套例题 6】 翻译： ①最近的停车场就在教堂街边上。 ______ ______ ______ parking is off Church Street. ②下周如果你方便的话，我将拜访你。 If it ______ ______ ______ you, I will visit you next week. 7. accuse sb. of (doing ) sth. 控告某人犯有……罪， 谴责某人做某事 Music industry accuses Fanning of piracy.（P51）音乐公司控告范宁盗版。 accuse vt. 控告，指责，谴责 谴责者 accusing adj. 指责的 accusation n. 责备 the accused 被告 be under an accusation 被控告 Ma Jiajue was accused of murder. We should take their accusation seriously. 【配套例题 7】 翻译： ①她指责他迟到。 ______ ________ ________ ________ _____ _____ __ . ②你是在指责我说谎吗？ ____________ __________________ ______________. 8. fade vi. 逐渐消失；褪色 In 2001 Fanning‘s dream finally began to fade.（P51）2001 年，范宁的梦想才开始逐渐消失。 fade away 逐渐消失 fade in/up （使影片中的画面、声音，广播中的声音）渐强 fade out （使影片中的画面、声音，广播中的声音）渐弱 Her smile faded solely. The laughter faded when they saw their boss.
【配套例题 8】 翻译： ①他生还的可能性越来越渺茫。 Hopes that he would be found alive ______ _____ . ②和平解决的希望正在消失。 Hopes of a peace settlement ______ ______ now. 9.escape n.&vt. 逃离，逃脱；被遗忘 It was too fast for them to escape.（P58）这一切发生德太快，他们根本没有时间逃走。 escape from 逃离…，从…逃脱 He escaped the punishment. He escaped from the prison. 【配套例题 9】 翻译： ① 有些气体从管中漏出。 Some gas ______ ______ ______ the pipe. ② 我恐怕记不起你的名字了。 I‘m afraid your name ______ ______. 10. impression n. 印象；感想 However, later I came to see that I had the wrong impression……（P59）但是，后来我发现我的 想法是错误的。 impress vt. 印上，压印；给……极深的印象；使感动 impressive adj. 给人深刻印象的，难忘的 His work has made a decided impress upon our time ． The design was impressed on the cloth. 【配套例题 10】 翻译： ①她让我记住一定早点回家。 She ______ ______ me that l must come home early ． ②这是那本书一年内的第三次印刷。 This is the ______ ______ ______ that book in one year.
1、知识小结： 2、方法小结： 3、表现小结：
Ⅰ. 单词拼写 1. The money that he got from his aunt e_______________John to buy a house with a garden. 2. The night view of the bay is even more f____________, which usually attracts many people. 3. I think I left the interviewers with a good i_______________. They smiled at me in a very friendly way during the interview. 4. All he needs is an o______________ to show his ability 5. Over the years her beauty had f_______________ a little, but she still felt good about herself. 6. The police q________________ him about the missing $10,000. 7. You are the children‘s parents. T______________, you should be responsible for their behaviour. 8. In my o_____________, this proposal is unreasonable and should not be accepted. 9. More than 70% of the s_______________ of the earth is covered with water. 10. Napoleon is one of the national h_____________ of France. 11. All the passengers felt unsafe with such an i_____________ driver, who had got his license only three weeks before. 12. The old farmer trapped in the burning house had no choice but to wait to be r___________ by others.
13. At last the lost children were sent s____________ back to their parents by an old man. 14. The road signs g___________ us back to the camping site after a long journey. Ⅱ.完成句子 1.昨天的会议因为恶劣的天气被取消了.(put off) ____________________________________________________________________ 2.据报道,到去年年底又一个新的体育馆(gym)在北京建成了. ______________________________________________________________________________ 3.电话的发明使得我们和别人交流更方便.(enable) _______________________________________________________________________________ 4.昨天我在街上偶然遇见了我的英语老师. _______________________________________________________________________________ 5.他被公认为科幻小说之父. _______________________________________________________________________________ 6.令我们高兴的是,在消防队员的帮助下, 那个小女孩终于获救. _______________________________________________________________________________
一. 单项填空。 1. A courier（旅游团的服务员）______ the parcels expected for a long time to our office. A. took B. addressed C. delivered D. gave 2. We were most impressed ________ your efficiency . A. in B. on C. with D. upon 3. The Prime Minister of Great Britain ________ that he would resign. A. announced B. predicted C. reported D. circularized 4. The only one of the students who _____ is Tom. A. is to punish B. is to be punished C. are to punish D. are to be punished 5. There is an _______ film about a highly gifted child whose picture often appeared in the newspaper . A. special B. unusual C. additional D. extraordinary 6. ------ I‘m sorry I stepped outside for a smoke. I was very tired. -------There is no _______ for this while you are on duty. A. reason B. excuse C. cause D. explanation 7. I decided to put your name _______ for basketball club secretary. A. on B. in C. forward D. through 8. Pass the book ________ to me when you‘ve finished with it. A. out B. by C. on D. over 9. One of the consequences of our planet‘s being warming up is a(n) ________ in the number of natural disasters. A. result B. account C. reason D. increase 10. No matter what you do, you should put your ________ into it. A. mind B. heart C. brain D. thought 11. There are usually at least two ________ of looking at every question. A. means B. directions C. views D. ways 12. My chest ________ when I make a deep breath, doctor. A. harms B. wounds C. hurts D. injuries 13. I wrote him a letter to show my _________ of his thoughtfulness. A. achievement B. agreement C. attention D. appreciation 14. One of the advantages of living on the top floor of a high-rise is that you can get a good ________. A. sight B. scene C. view D. look 15. She works very hard and _________ make great great progress in his studies recently. A. has been able to B. can C. is able to D. could 二. 完形填空。 An argument has been put forward 1 _______ some viewers will be disappointed by RealCine because VR is not real. However, with VR we are able to do some things that could never be
achieved in 2 _______ life. For example, I recently sent my ninety-year-old grandfather 3 _____ a trip to Africa using RealCine. 4 _____ reality, my grandfather can no longer walk, but with RealCine, he 5 _______________ a real African adventure, and was thrilled when he saw a lion. Besides films, VR might also have some 6 ________ uses. For example, firefighters could be trained using RealCine without the risk of sending them into a 7 __________ building. 8 _____ could be used in the classroom too. Teachers could bring history alive by placing 9 __________ in a famous battle, or they could teach biology by allowing students to be a whale 10 _____ an ant for a lesson. I am sure you will agree that RealCine provides a fatastic opportunity 11 _____ the film-making industry. I hope you agree this is 12 _____ technology which should be used in future films. 三.完成对话。 N= Nicola A= Annie N: Hi, Ann ie. Did you have a good holiday? A: Oh, yeah, I had a great (1)t ______ . But I‘ve to tell you --- the most amazing thing happened. N: (2) R_____? What was that? A: Well, I was swimming in the sea and a huge wave came along and (3)k _____ my sunglasses into the water. I … N: Why were you swimming in the sunglasses? A: Oh, I don‘t know. I‘d just (4)l _____ them on top of my head. I‘d forgotten they were there. Anyway, they were (5)g_____. I was very upset. You know they were quite expensive. N: I remember – (6)n _____ 100 pounds. A: Yeah. Anyway, the next day I was lying on the beach, sunbathing. Then suddenly another huge wave… N: Are you (7)s _____ this was a good holiday? A: Yeah—but listen! When I looked down, there on the sand, (8)r ___ next to me , were my sunglasses. I couldn‘t (9)b___ my eyes! N: You‘re (10)j ____ ! That is amazing!
第七讲 M5 U1 Getting along with others 学生：
【教学目标】 考点：课本重点词汇讲解（重点） 【教学过程】
课本重点词汇复习 A．基础单词 1．________ vt.出卖；背叛 2．________ vi.& vt.假装；装扮；扮作 3．________ adj.愉快的；高兴的；令人愉 快的 4．________ adv.真诚地 5．________ adj.极佳的；卓越的 6．________ n．方式；态度；举止 7．________ adj.内疚的；有罪的 8．________ n．& vi.评论；谈论 9．________ adj.易生气的；敏感的；体贴 的 10．________ vt.责备；指责 n．(坏事或错 事的)责任；责备，指责 11．________ adj.有天赋的；有天才的 12．________ n．话题 13．________ n．态度；看法 14．________ adj.热切的；急不可待的 15．________ vi.做出反应；回应 16．________ vi.& n．停顿；暂停 17．________ adj.尽心尽力的；坚信的；坚 定的 18．________ n．宽恕；仁慈 B.重点短语： 1．________________暗中监视；窥探 2 ． ________________( 与 ……) 步 调 一 致 (与……)同步 3．________________不久；很快 4．________________(用电话)接通 5． ________________以……为基础； 以…… 为根据 6．________________不管；不顾 7．________________rely on 8．________________get along with
19．________ vt.& vi.承认；允许进入；接纳 →________n．获准进入；入场费 20 ． ________ vt.& vi. 请求；恳求；乞讨 →________n．乞讨→________n．乞丐 21．________vt.& vi.发誓；郑重承诺；咒骂 →________(过去式)→________(过去分词) 22．________ adv.真诚地；诚恳地；衷心地 →________ adj. 真的；真实的 →________ n．真理 23． ________ vi.争吵； 争论→________ n． 争 论；论据 24．________ vi.道歉→________ n．道歉； 辩解 25． ________ n． 娱乐； 消遣→________ adj. 被逗乐的；感到有意思的→________ adj.有 趣的；引人发笑的 26． ________ adj.没有好转希望的； 无望的； 糟透的→________ v． & n． 希望→________ adj.有希望的 27 ． ________ adj. 小 心 的 ； 谨 慎 的 →________ n．小心；谨慎
9．________________can't help doing sth. 10．________________thanks to 11．________________be cautious about 12．________________be sensitive
1. worth adj.值……；值得(做) n.价值 (value)；值……的分量 If you can buy a person's friendship，it's not worth having.(P1)如果你能买到一个人的友谊的 话，那它就不值得拥有了。 区分 worth/worthy/worthwhile 值得……，有……价值，后接名词或数词或动名词，常用结构为―be worth worth ＋名词或数词‖和―be worth doing...‖。 值得……的，常用结构为―be worthy of＋名词‖和―be worthy of being done‖ worthy 或―be worthy to be done‖。 值得做的， 可作表语或定语， 常用于 it is worthwhile to do/doing sth.(作表语)； worthwhile a worthwhile job(作定语)一个值得做的工作。 His deed is worthy of praise. ＝His deed is worthy to be praised.＝His deed is worthy of being praised. 他的行为值得表扬。 It's worthwhile to visit that country.那个国家值得一游。 Nursing is a very worthwhile career.护理工作是一份很值得做的事业。 【配套例题 1】 分别用 worth，worthy，worthwhile 翻译。 这个问题值得再讨论一次。 ①________________________________________________________________________ ②________________________________________________________________________ ③________________________________________________________________________ ④________________________________________________________________________ 2. betray vt.出卖，背叛 I feel betrayed by my friend Hannah. (P2)我觉得我的朋友汉娜背叛了我。 She betrayed his secret to her friend. 她向自己的朋友泄漏了她的秘密。 betray sb. /sth. to sb. 向某人出卖某人或泄漏某事给某人 betray oneself 暴露出本来面目 betray +that-clause/ wh-clause 泄漏……，表明…… 【配套例题 2】 ① That was not the first time he ______ us. I think it‘s high time we ______ action against him. A. betrayed; take B. had betrayed; took C. has betrayed; took D. has betrayed; take ②翻译：他的表情说明他实际上是多么高兴。 ______________________________________________________________________ 3. forgive vt.原谅，宽恕；免除(债务) vi.原谅 I don‘t think I can ever truly forgive her. (P2)我想我永远也不会真正地原谅她。 forgive sb for(doing)sth 原谅某人(做了)某事 forgive sb sth 原谅某人某事 forgiveness n. 原谅，宽恕 forgiving adj. 宽宏大量的，宽容的 forgivable adj. 可原谅的 People who forgive show less sadness, anger and stress and more hopefulness, according to a recent research. 最近一项研究发现：原谅他人的人很少悲伤、愤怒和有压力，更多的是充满 希望。 【配套例题 3】 翻译： ①就算我真的原谅了过去又怎样？ What if I do ______ ______ ______？ ②对你昨天晚上对我所说的话，我决不原谅。 I'll never _____ _____ ______ what you said to me last night.
4. as a result of 由于……的结果 ...and as a result of his careless playing we lost.(P3)...由于他漫不经心的比赛，我们输掉了。 The flight was delayed as a result of the fog. 因有雾该航班误点。 与 result 相关的短语： as a result 结果；因此 result in 导致；造成 result from 由……造成 without result 徒劳；毫无结果 ―由于……‖还可以这样表达：because of 因为，由于，指原因，用以指出理由； owing to 由于，应归功于；due to 因为，由于；on account of 由于，因为；thanks to 由于， 因为，幸亏。 【配套例题 4】 ①句型转换 His illness resulted from the bad food.＝The bad food ________________ his illness. ②完成句子 Many people were injured ________________________________(由于)the accident. He ate some bad fish.________________________(结果)，he felt ill. 5. blame vt.责备；指责 n．(坏事或错事的)责任；责备；指责 While it may feel awkward，if she really is your best friend you should apologize for blaming her.(P5) 尽管可能感觉有些尴尬，但是如果她真是你最好的朋友，你应该因为责备她而向她 道歉。 blame sb.责备某人 blame sb.for(doing)sth.因(做)某事责备某人 blame sth.on sb.把某事归咎于某人 be to blame(for)应(为某事)承担责任；该(为某事)受责备=should be blamed put/lay the blame(for sth.)on sb.把责任推到某人身上 【配套例题 5】 翻译： ① 许多孩子害怕讲英语时犯错而受责备。 Many children are afraid of _____ _____ ______ making mistakes in speaking English. ② 警察把那起交通事故的责任归咎于杰克的粗心驾驶。 The police _________ the traffic accident ________ Jack's careless driving. 6. doubt n.& v. 怀疑 I have no doubt he will succeed.(P7) 我毫不怀疑他会成功。 have no doubt of/about sth.对某事毫不怀疑 There is no doubt that...毫无疑问…… have some doubt whether...怀疑是否…… There is some doubt whether...怀疑是否…… without doubt 无疑地；确实地 【配套例题 6】 完成句子： 1.There is no doubt_________________________________(钓鱼岛属于中国)． 2.I have some doubt_____________________________(他是否会获奖)． 7. would rather…… than......宁愿……而不愿…… You know I would rather visit the dentist than study algebra and arithmetic！(P9) 你知道我宁愿看牙医也不愿学习代数和算术！ I would rather be laughed at than quarrel with him.我宁愿被嘲笑，也不愿和他吵架。 would rather(not)do...宁愿(不)做…… Rather than do；prefer to do sth.宁愿……也不
? ??对现在或将来的虚拟? would rather＋? sb.had done sth. ? ??对过去的虚拟?
―宁愿……也不……‖的其他表达方式： prefer(doing)A to(doing)B prefer to do A rather than do B I would remain poor rather than get money by dishonest means. 我宁可安于贫穷，也不愿用不正当手段赚钱。 I'd rather you went tomorrow/now.我宁愿你明天/现在去。 I'd rather she sat next to me.我宁愿她挨着我坐。 I'd rather you hadn't done that.我宁愿你没这样做。 Rather than make money this way，I prefer to go hungry.我宁愿挨饿，也不用这种方式赚钱。 【配套例题 7】 句型转换 She would rather walk than drive. ①She________ walk ________________ drive. ②She________walking________driving. ③She________________walk________________drive. 8. acquaintance n．泛泛之交，熟人；略有交情，(与某人)认识 One or two good friends are better than 100 acquaintances. (P15)一两个好朋友胜过一百个熟 人。 Does it ever occur to you to use your sight to see into the inner nature of a friend or an acquaintance? 你曾经有没有用你的洞察力看穿过朋友或认识的人的内在本性？ make one's acquaintance＝make the acquaintance of sb 结识某人 cut/drop one's acquaintance 与某人绝交 gain acquaintance with 得以熟知 acquaint v.使相识，告知 acquaint sb with sth 使某人了解某事 acquainted adj.熟悉的，了解的 be acquainted with 对……熟悉 【配套例题 8】 用 acquaintance 的适当形式填空。 ①He has some little _____________ with the Japanese language. ②His manner seemed unpleasant at first, but he improved on further _____________． ③The lawyer ____________ himself with the details of his client's business affairs. ④You will soon become fully____________ with the procedures. 9.regardless of 不顾，不管 The qualities that boys and girls consider important in a friend seem to be the same, regardless of the basis of these friendships. (P18)无论男孩和女孩友谊的基础是什么，他们所看重的朋友身 上的品质似乎是一样的。 in regard of＝with regard to 关于；就……而论；在……方面 in spite of＝despite 不管，尽管，无论 despite the fact that… 不管，尽管事实上…… The club welcomes all new members regardless of age. 俱乐部对所有新成员不分年龄一律欢迎。 【配套例题 9】 翻译： ①他不顾及我在这件事情上的感受继续说下去。 He continued speaking, ____________________________________. ②对于你的控诉，我无话可说。 I have nothing to say _____ _____ _____ your complaints.
10. in conclusion 总而言之 In conclusion，when we are old and look back on our lives，what will we remember？(P19) 总而言之，当我们老去并回首我们的生活时，我们将记得什么？ In conclusion，I'd like to say I've enjoyed staying here.最后，我想要说我在这里过得很愉快。 任务型阅读常填入 conclusion n．结尾，结局；结束；结论 ―得出结论‖的表达法： come to a conclusion reach a conclusion arrive at a conclusion draw a conclusion 【配套例题 10】 At last they ________ a conclusion ________ they should carry out their new production plan as soon as possible. A．came to，which B．reached，that C．arrived，that D．took，which
1、知识小结： 2、方法小结： 3、表现小结：
Ⅰ. 单词拼写。 1. Don't p__________ to be an expert since you don‘t have much knowledge of it. 2. He can‘t help but ___________(承认) stealing my bike. 3.At first, He could not ___________(跟上)the game. 4. As we all know, Langlang ___________（有天赋的、有才华的）singing. 5. The old lady is very _____________ (小心的，谨慎的) with money. 6. I invited her to come to my party, but she made no r____________ to my invitation. 7. ___________( 多亏了)my teacher‘s help, I passed the math quize. 8. As you get older, your a__________ towards the world are to change. 9. You have every right to feel b__________ by your friends if she did tell your secrets to others. 10. She had no choice but ____________ (道歉) to him for her being rude. Ⅱ.短语填空。 thanks to, rely on, end up with, get through, keep pace with 1. If he carries on driving like that, he'll ____________ dead. 2. I _________ my brother's words absolutely. 3. She works so fast that I can't ______________ her. 4. The woman was so fat that she couldn't ____________ the doorway. 5. It was ____________ your timely help that we accomplished the task on time. Ⅲ.句子翻译。 1.昨天我们突然考了数学，在班级我取得了很好的分数。 （surprise） ______________________________________________________________________. 2.我宁可走路也不愿意坐公交车。( would rather…than…) ______________________________________________________________________. 3.请你原谅他！他并不是有意对你说刻薄的话的。(forgive) ______________________________________________________________________ 4.昨天我给你打了好几次电话，但都没有打通。 （get through） ______________________________________________________________________ 5. 在课堂上，他总是情不自禁地与同桌讲话。 （can‘t help） _____________________________________________________________________
一. 单项填空。 If you don‘t go to the party, ___I. A. so do B. so will C. nor do D. neither shall 1. You can hardly imagine what great difficulty we had ___the work. A. to do B. done C. doing D. do
2. ----What do you suppose made her so unhappy? ---- ___ her wallet. A. lose B. Lost C. Losing D. To lose 3. ____ this possible effect may put us in a dilemma. A. Having overlooked B. Overlooking C. To overlook D. Overlooked 4. ----My brother is not good at speaking English. ----I suggest ___English for two hours every day. A. he practice speaking B. him to speak C. he speaking D. his practicing to speak 5. __ is it to have a picnic in the hills on such a nice day! A. Such a fun B. So fun C. Such fun D. So a fun 6. He __to Shanghai, for I saw him a moment ago. A. must have gone B. can‘t have gone C. mustn‘t have gone D. can‘t have been 7. There ___in the world ___China is a great country with a long history and rich culture. A. are no doubt ; that B. are not doubts ; if C. is no doubt; that D. is not doubt; if 8. The poster was revised ____the suggestions of other group members. A. based on B. to base on C. basing on D. which based on 10. He was determined not to be the first ____it. A. say B. saying C. to say D. says 11. The brave soldiers were determined to save all the people ____ in the field. A. trapped B. being trapped C. were trapped D. trapping 12. Don‘t hesitate ___me if you have any questions. A. asking B. asks C. to ask D. asked 13.A good student is honest and kind to others .In other words ,he never ____ his friends. A. yells B. teases C. betrays D. blames 14. He failed in the driving test again. He____. A. must have disappointed B. must have been disappointed C. might be disappointed D. couldn‘t be disappointed 15.____ I like most about her is ___ care-free attitude. A. What; her B. What; that her C .How; for her D. How; a 二、任务型阅读。 Food makes us feel good, but some people eat when they aren‘t really hungry and eat to simply feel good. This kind of eating habit is called emotional eating, which does not affect adults but also young children. It isn‘t a good thing. A child‘s eating habits can develop right from childhood. As we know, a baby cries out if he doesn‘t get milk at the usual time of the day. However, sometimes parents immediately stick a bottle in a child‘s mouth without trying to find out if the child is really hungry. In fact, children may cry for other reasons. Even as children grow up and start going to school, parents sometimes give them a chocolate bar if they become really unhappy. As the children further grow up, they may become used to having a snack whenever they‘re upset or low. Therefore, they‘d like to eat an emotional snack when they have the feeling of unhappiness and boredom. Even when they don‘t get high grades, aren‘t popular at school or made fun of by others, they will want something to eat. After having the snack, they feel a lot better. Emotional eating in young children is a thing that needs to be taken seriously. To protect your children from emotional eating, you should satisfy your child‘s emotional needs in the best possible way. This includes spending time with your child every day, taking an interest in his school work, helping your child study, providing a health environment without tension at home, etc. Don‘t make the child lose face by scolding him. Develop confidence in your child. Make your child eat enough once in a while. Reward him for his achievements. All this will help your little one develop a healthy eating habit. And always remember love and
care is the key to help you child out of trouble and grow up happily. Title: 2 Causes 1 in Young Children 3 .
Eating for feeling good instead of for
? ? ? ? ? ? ?
forming the habit when 4 feeling 5 feeling 6 and getting low grades being made fun of by others staying with your child for some time every day being 8 in your child‘s studies and help him study providing a healthy environment without tension at home avoiding 9 to make him ashamed making your child 10 in himself giving your child enough to eat once in a while giving your child reward for what he has achieved
? ? ? ?
Love and care helps children out of trouble.
第八讲 M5 U2 The environment 学生：
【教学目标】 考点：课本重点词汇讲解（重点） 【教学过程】
课本重点词汇复习 A．基础单词 1．________ n．顾问 2．________ n．& v．辩论；争论；讨论 3．________ n．产量；生产 4．________ vt.& vi.回收利用 5．________ adj.贪婪的；贪心的 6．________ n．赞扬；称赞；认可；信用； 信誉；学分 7．________ n．数量 8．________ adj.愿意的；乐意的 9．________ n．商品；货品 10．________ vt.& vi.用泵输送；涌出；涌流 11．________ n．女士；夫人 12．________ vt.& n．逮捕 13．________ n．海关；关税 14．________ n．羽毛 15．________ vi.& n. 冲突；矛盾 16．________ v．& n．减少 17．________ n．措施；方法；尺度 vt.测量； 估量；判定 18． ________ n． 管理； 管理部门； 施行； (美 国)政府 19．________ n．范围；一系列；山脉 vi.(在 一定范围内)变化；包括；排列；排序 20．________ n．(对自然环境的)保护 21．________ n．气候 22．________ adj.低碳的 23．________ n．交通工具；车辆 24．________ n．发动机；引擎 25．________ adj.专指的；特指的；特别的； 讲究的；挑剔的 26．________ vt.吸收；理解；使全神贯注 27．________ n．十年 28．____n．责任；职责→____adj.有责任的 29．________ n．看法；信念→____ vt.相信 30．_______ adj.环境的→________ n．环境 31 ． ________ vt.& vi. 经 营 ； 动 手 术 →________ n．经营；手术 32．________ adv.非法地→________ adj.非 法的→________ adj.合法的
33．_____vt.使印象深刻→_______n．印象 34．________ vt.欣赏，赞赏；感谢；领会 →________ n．欣赏；感谢 35． _______adj.电的； 用电的→________ adj. 带电的→________ n．电 36． ________ vt.消耗， 耗费； 消费→________ n．消费者；用户；顾客
B. 重点短语： 1．____________减少；削减；缩减 3．____________打扫(或清除)干净 5．____________找出；挑选 7．____________use up 9．____________under way 11．____________in particular
2．____________自由发言 4．____________排队等候 6．____________关于；至于 8．____________run out(of) 10．____________let off 12．____________do one's part
1. debate n．辩论；争论；vi. 讨论；辩论 Today‘s debate question is. ?The economy or the environment---must we choose?‘ (P22)今天辩论 的问题是―经济还是环境，我们必须做出抉择吗？‖ under debate＝being discussed 正在被讨论 a debate on...关于……的辩论 debate with sb.和某人辩论 debate doing...考虑做…… Recently a survey comparing prices of the same goods in two different supermarkets has caused heated debate among citizens.最近， 在两家不同超市对相同商品进行的一次价格比较调查引起 了市民热烈的讨论。 【配套例题 1】 翻译： ①我们下周将对大学生做兼职的利与弊进行辩论。 We will the advantages and disadvantages of college students‘ doing part-time jobs next week. ②委员会将讨论是否将参加俱乐部的人的年龄限制放宽到 16 岁。 The committee to lower the age of club membership to 16. 2. responsibility n. 责任；负责；职责；义务 They think of greedy businessmen hiding from their responsibilities and only worrying about money. (P23)他们会联想到贪婪的商人躲避社会责任，一味关心金钱。 have the responsibility for 对……有责任；对……负责 sense of responsibility 责任感 be responsible for 对……负责；是……的原因 be responsible to sb.对某人负责 During her time in publishing，she was responsible for managing and editing more than 100 successfully marketed books. 在出版界工作期间，她负责管理和编辑 100 多本畅销书。 【配套例题 2】 翻译： ①我们的部门经理直接对销售副总裁负责。 Our department manager directly the vicepresident of sales. ②出了问题时，父母们觉得责任在自己。 Parents when things go wrong. 3. operate v．运转；工作；动手术 The people operating these factories are deeply concerned about the environment. (P23)这些工厂 的经营者非常关心环境。 operate on/upon sb.给某人动手术
be in operation 在运转；在行动中；在实施中 come/go into operation 开始工作(生效) put/bring into operation 实施；实行 In the laboratory，Tavella operated the wheelchair just by thinking about moving his left or right hand.在实验室里，Tavella 通过意念移动左、右手就可以操作轮椅。 【配套例题 3】 翻译： ①这位著名的医生给他动了手术来治疗癌症。 ②这项新法规何时开始生效？ When does this new law ? 4．quantity n. the amount of sth.数量；量 Ms Lin suggested we should cut back on the quantity of things we produce in order to save environment. (P23) 林女士建议为了保护环境我们应该削减我们所生产的东西的数量。 in quantity 大量 quantities of ＋名词＋复数谓语动词 许多…… 复数名词＋复数谓语动词 大量…… 不可数名词＋单数谓语动词 大量…… It‘s a lot cheaper if you buy it in quantity.如果你大量购买要便宜得多。 【配套例题 4】 翻译： ①大量的食品和帐篷从山东运到了玉树。 food and tents to Yushu from Shandong. ②我弟弟买了大量的书。 My brother bought books. 5．decrease n．减少；降低；v. 减少；降低 This is one of the cheapest and best ways of decreasing desertification. (P33)这是减少沙漠化最便 宜，也是最好的方式之一。 decrease to 减少到 decrease by 减少了 on the decrease 在减少 After World War Ⅱ，the population of most large American cities decreased; however, the population in many Sun Belt cities increased. 二战之后美国多数的大城市的人口在减少，但 是，在阳光地带的许多城市的人口却在增长。 【配套例题 5】 翻译： ①近年来大熊猫的数量已经减少了。 There in the number of pandas these years. ②该俱乐部的会员已减少到了 200 人。 The club‘s members have two hundred.. 6．measure v.测量；度量；量度为；估量，判定；n. 措施；方法；尺度；标准 The centre has over 300 scientists devoted to finding measures that will stop desertification. (P33) 此中心有 300 多名致力于找阻止沙漠化的方法的科学家。 take measures/steps/action to do sth.采取措施做某事
make sth. to one‘s measure 照某人的尺寸做某物 measure...by...用……来衡量…… measure up 测量；量度 The government has taken measures to bring down the high prices of daily goods to keep the market stable.政府已经采取措施来降低日用品的高价格，以保持市场稳定。 【配套例题 6】 翻译： ①你们应该采取有效措施来改善你们的工作条件。 You should improve your working conditions. ②请按照我的尺寸做一套西服。 7．range n．批；组；范围；v 排列；涉及 Nor is it good news for the wide range of fish and wildlife that live in or along the river. (P 38)这对 生活在江中或沿岸的大量鱼类和野生生物来说也是个不好的消息。 beyond/out of one‘s range/the range of sb.超出某人的范围 within the range of 在……范围之内 range from...to...从……到……之间变化 range among/with...位居……之列 We cautiously began a conversation and spoke about a wide range of things. 我们谨慎地开始对话，话题很广泛。 【配套例题 7】 翻译： ①这件事超出了我的能力范围。 It‘s my ability. ②有 120 名学生，年龄在 10 到 18 岁之间。 There are 120 students whose ages 10 to 18. 8．appreciate v．欣赏；赏识；.感激；欢迎 The effects of Chinese government and people to protect this much-loved river will be appreciated for years to come. (P38)中国政府和人民为保护这条深受人民热爱的河流所做出的努力会在未 来得到赏识。 appreciate doing...感激做…… I would appreciate it if...假如……我将不胜感激 appreciation n.欣赏；感激 We also welcome new fiction. A light，humorous touch is appreciated. 我们也欢迎新型小说。轻松幽默风格的小说很受欢迎。 【配套例题 8】 翻译： ①我谨对您所做的一切表示感激。 I‘d like to for everything you‘ve done. ②如果你能把收音机的声音调小一点，我将非常感激。 you would turn the radio down. 9．absorb v．吸收；使并入；理解 Last but not least, you can plant a tree, because trees abosorb the carbon dioxide in the air to produce oxygen. (P39)最后但并不是最不重要的一点是，你可以植树，因为树能够吸收空气中
的二氧化碳，释放氧气。 absorb one‘s attention 吸引某人的注意力 be absorbed in 全神贯注于 be absorbed by/into 被……吞并/吸引 Alcohol may take a few minutes to be absorbed into the bloodstream and start action on the brain. 可能几分钟后酒精就被吸收到血液中然后开始对大脑产生作用。 【配套例题 9】 翻译： ①She seemed totally the book. 她好像完全被这本书迷住了。 ②周围的村庄并入了日益扩展的城市。 The surrounding villages by the growing city.
1、知识小结： 2、方法小结： 3、表现小结：
Ⅰ. 将左栏的单词和右栏的英语释义连接起来。 1．absorb A．to use a supply of something such as time, energy or fuel 2．range B．a discussion which people or groups state different opinions about a subject 3．greed C．to arrange things in a particular place or position 4．debate D．a strong wish to have more money, things, or power than you need 5．consume E．to take in a gas, liquid, or other substance Ⅱ语境填词。 debate，responsibility，operate，quantity，decrease，measure，range，appreciate，absorb 1．I don‘t being treated like a secondclass citizen. 2．It came within the of my vision. 3．We spent the morning up and deciding where the furniture would go. 4．The price of wheat has by 15%. 5．There are large of rain in this area. 6．The motion under was put to a vote. 7．Carelessness was for the accident. 8．The department store is well . 9． in his work, Tom simply forgot food and sleep.
一. 单项填空。 1. _____ the right decisions _____ the future is probably the most important thing we‘ll ever do in our lives. A. Making; concerned B. Make; concerning C. To make; concerned D. Making; concerning 2. I would appreciate ______, to be frank, if the goods could be delivered as soon as possible. A.you B. this C. it D. myself 3. —What do you suggest? —My suggestion is that Andrew _____ abroad and he stay here until the project completes. A. send B. should not send C. be sent D. not be sent 4. ____ the floor, I found his pen lying on the ground. A. While sweeping B. While swept C. If sweeping D. If swept
5. While ____my homework, I heard a cry for help. A. do B. did C. doing D. having done 6. Americans eat ________ vegetables per person today as they did in 1910. A. more than twice B. as twice as many C. twice as many as D. more than twice as many 7. —— I seldom watch TV, but listen to the radio a lot. —— _____ . A. So do I B. Neither do I C. I m the same D. So it is with me 8. _____ and caught the mouse. A. Up the cat jumped B. The cat up jumped C. Up jumped the cat D. Jumped up the cat 9."Soon you are going to have to move out",cried my neighbor upon the largest tomato plant. A. seem B. to see C. saw D. seeing 10. The problem is A .whether he will come or not B. if he will come C. no matter he will come D. no matter what he will come 11. Quantities of water in the lake polluted by the factory producing kinds of cloth. A. is B. are C. was D. were 12.There was a terrible noise, ______ the sudden burst of light. A. followed B. following C. to be followed D. being followed 13. He felt more uneasy with the whole class at him. A. stare B. to stare C. stared D. staring 14. I am sure that he do his work last night. A. did B. really C. do D. Does 15.________ modeling business is by no means easy to get into, the good model will always be in demand. A. While B. Since C. As D. If 二. 用词组的适当形式完成下列句子。 1．After a month，their food supplies ________. 2．They suggested we should try our best to ________ spending. 3．What ________ did you like about the last apartment that we saw? 4．The conference gets ________ later today with a debate on the family. 5．________ the teaching method，we have not yet discussed it. 6．If everyone ________，the project will surely be a success. 7．Come and ________，children；let's go to the theater. 8．I have ________ the bad apples from the box. 三. 完型填空。 Sydney Weekend Adventures offers 3day small group tours of the beautiful areas north and south of Sydney. 1.______small groups on our tours mean they are more personal and allow you to see and do more. We cover less kilometers per day so that you spend 2.______time out of the days enjoying these spectacular(壮观的) areas. Our tours are informative and fun.You will come away feeling like 3.__ __ have spent 3 days with a group of friends, 4.______ on an organized tour. We have been working in tourism since 1997.Sydney Weekend Adventures was set5.______ to offer an exciting alternative to day tours.Our tours are very popular 6.______travelers from all over the world, as well as many people 7.______are temporarily based in Sydney, working 8.______ studying.
第九讲 M5 U3 Science and nature
课本重点词汇复习 A．基础单词 1．________ adj.精确的；准确的 2．________ n．医师；内科医生 3．________ n．结果；后果 4．________ vt.& vi.收割(庄稼) 5．________ n．概念；观念 6．________ n．罪；罪行 7．________ n．职业；行业 8．________ n．突破 9．________ n．总结；概括；概要 10．________ adj.准确的；精确的 B．重点短语 1 ． ________ n ． 意 图 ； 目 的 ； 企 图 →________vt.打算 2． ________ n． 忧虑； 焦虑； 不安→________ adj.焦虑的；担忧的；急切的，渴望的 3．________ adj.法律许可的；合法的 →________ adv.合法地→________ adj.不合 法的 4． ________ vt.使改变外观或性质(尤指向好 的方向)；使改变形态→________ n．转化， 转换；改革；变形 5． _____ n． 关系； 亲戚→________ vt.叙述； 涉及；有联系→________n．关系；亲属 6．________ vt.实施；指挥乐队→________ n．传导→________ adj. 导电的；能传导的 →________ n．售票员；乐队指挥 7．________ n．多数；大多数→________ n．少数派；少数民族 8． ________ n． 仔细考虑； 必须考虑的因素； 体谅；顾及→________ vt.考虑
11．________ adj.简洁的；简单的；短时间 的；短暂的 12．________ adj.真实的；实际的 13．________ n．赞同；支持；恩惠；帮助； 偏爱；偏袒 14．________ n．收入；收益 15．________ vt.插入；嵌入 16．________ n．利润；收益 vi.& vt.获益； 对……有用 17．________ n．一系列；一连串(人或事) 9．________ n．饥饿；饥荒→________ adj. 饥饿的 10 ． ________ adj. 可 依 赖 的 ； 可 依 靠 的 →________ vi.依靠；依赖 11． ________n． 农业→________ adj.农业的 12． ________ vt.使惊吓； 使惊恐→________ adj.受惊吓的；害怕的→________ adj.令人 恐惧的 13． ________ n． 准许； 许可； 批准→________ vt.允许；许可
1. concentrate on 集中精力于；全神贯注于 Instead，he thinks research efforts should concentrate on creating new tissues and organs that can be used to cure diseases like cancer.(P42)相反，他认为研究精力应该集中在制造新的、可用于 治疗像癌症这样的疾病的组织和器官上。 concentrate sth. on sth.把……集中在……上 concentrate one's mind on 某人专心于…… concentrate one's attention on 某人专心于…… focus/fix one's attention on 某人集中注意力于……上 I decided to concentrate all my efforts on finding somewhere to live. 我决定全力以赴找个住的地方。 He concentrated his attention on studying.他把精力专注于研究。 关于―专心于……‖的同义短语有： put one's heart into； fix one's mind on/upon； be occupied in； be buried in；apply one's mind to；be absorbed in；devote oneself to；keep one's mind on 【配套例题 1】 翻译： ①我饿了就无法集中精力。 _______ _______ ________ ________ _________ when I‘m hungry. ②外面太吵了，我不能专心于我的工作。 There is too much noise outside; I cannot ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________. 2．adopt vt.收养；领养；采用；采纳 I don't want to adopt someone else's child—if I had the chance，I would have a cloned baby right now.(P42)我不想领养别人的孩子——如果有机会，我想立刻要一个克隆孩子。 As they had no children of their own，they adopted an orphan.他们没有亲生儿女，就收养了一 个孤儿。 adopt one's idea 采纳某人的意见 adopt a new standard/measure 采取新标准/措施 adopted adj.收养的 one's adopted son 某人的养子 adoption n．收养；采取 We should adopt the consumers' suggestion.我们应该接受消费者的建议。 adapt 跟 adopt 词形相近，要注意其区别。 adapt 意为―(使)适应，(使)适合‖。 【配套例题 2】 用 adopt，adapt 的适当形式填空 ①They are not my real parents. I am ________. ②After a few months，the orphan came to ________ to his new life. 翻译： ③他们说服他采纳这项计划。 They argued him into _______ _______ ________ the plan. 3. for sale 供出售；待销售 Human life would just become a crop to be harvested or a product for sale.(P43)人类生命将变得 像可以收割的庄稼或可供买卖的产品一样。 The local people made fancy straw hats for sale.当地居民制作花式草帽出售。 not for sale 非卖品 on sale 出售；上市；廉价出售 Many sweet food are on sale in the store.这家商店在廉价出售多种甜食。 【配套例题 3】 ① The latest model of this video recorder is now ______ in your shop. A．for sale B．selling C．on sale D．sale
翻译： ②我们有许多种化妆品待售。 _________________________________________________________ 4．comment n．& vi.评论；评注；解释 I would like to comment on your article，?The perfect copy‘．(P43)我想点评一下你发表的文章 ―完美的复制品‖。 comment on...对……作评论 make/give comments on...对……作评论 No comment！(对于询问)无可奉告！ commentator n．评论家 They were commenting on her new clothes.他们正在评论她的新衣服。 He made several comments on the book.对于这本书他作了若干评论。 【配套例题 4】 翻译： ①他对我的话未作评论。 ________________________________________________________________________ ②他评论这部电影极好。 5．transform vt.改变，转变；转换 On a personal note，cloning would totally transform my life.(P43)根据我个人的观点，克隆将会 彻底改变我的生活。 His plans were transformed overnight into reality. 他的计划迅速变为现实。 transform/change/vary 的辨析 这些动词均含有―变化，改变‖之意。 指人或物在形状、外观、形式、性质等方面发生的彻底变化，失去原状成为全 transform 新的东西。 change 指任何变化，完全改变，强调与原先的情况有明显的不同。 vary 暗示不规则或断断续续地改变。 【配套例题 5】 用 transform，change，vary 的适当形式填空 ①You have ________ a lot since I last saw you. ②Prices ________ with the reasons. ③Success and wealth ________ his character. 翻译： ④我们应该设法将热转化为能量。 We should try to ______ ______ ______ ______. 6．conduct vt.实施；指挥乐队；陪伴；引导，带领 I am sure that if you conducted a survey among UK citizens，it would show that the majority of people would not support this type of scientific research.(P56)我确信如果你在英国公民中进行 一项调查，结果会表明大多数人不会支持这种科学研究。 conduction n．(电、热的)传导；(水的)输送 conductive adj.导电的；能传导的 conductor n．指挥，职业指挥；导体；售票员 conductress n．女售票员 Your children conduct themselves well. 你的孩子们表现甚佳。 My aunt conducts her business very successfully. 我的婶婶把企业经营得很成功。 【配套例题 6】 翻译： ①校长带领我们在学校参观了一圈。 The headmaster ______ ______ ______ ______.
②木头的导热性能极差。 ____________________________________________. 7. majority n．多数；大多数 am sure that if you conducted a survey among UK citizens，it would show that the majority of people would not support this type of scientific research.(P56)我确信如果你在英国公民中进行 一项调查，结果会表明大多数人不会支持这种科学研究。 a/the majority of 大多数…… be in the majority 构成多数；占多数 by/with a majority 以多数票 minority n．少数，少数派 in a/the minority 占少数 A/The majority of people seem to prefer TV to radio. 大部分人似乎喜欢看电视而不喜欢听收音机。 The majority strongly support/supports the plan to build a playground for children. 大多数人都积极地支持为孩子们建造运动场的计划。 【配套例题 7】 翻译： ①大多数医生认为吸烟有害健康。 _____ _______ _____ _______ believe smoking is harmful to health. ②女性在护理行业中占大多数。 In the nursing profession，women _____ _______ _____ _____. 8.. insist vt.& vi 坚持；坚持说；坚持要求 In summary， I insist that you take the opinions of the people of the UK into consideration， and end this practice immediately.(P56)总之，我坚持要求你把英国人民的意见考虑在内，立即终止这 项实践。 insist on/upon(doing) sth.坚持认为；坚持做某事 insist that 从句，坚持认为，坚持说；坚持要求，坚持要 I insist that you(should) take immediate action to put this right.我坚持要求你立刻采取行动把事 情处理好。 insist 后接宾语从句的用法： 表示―坚持要求，坚持要‖时，其后宾语从句要用虚拟语气，即―(should)＋动词原形‖； 表示―坚持认为，坚持说‖，即表示一个客观事实时，其后宾语从句要用真实语气。 She insisted that he was wrong.她坚持认为他错了。 【配套例题 8】 翻译： ①我坚持要求他和我们一起来。 ____________________________________________. ②他一定要我们收下这些礼物。 ____________________________________________. 9. take...into consideration 认真考虑；把……考虑进去 In summary， I insist that you take the opinions of the people of the UK into consideration， and end this practice immediately.(P56)总之，我坚持要求你把英国人民的意见考虑在内，立即终止这 项实践。 show/have consideration for others 为别人着想 be under consideration 在考虑之中 in consideration of 考虑到；作为对……的回报 considerate adj.体贴的；考虑周全的 considerable adj.相当大的；重要的；值得考虑的 She's under a lot of stress，and you have to take that into consideration. 她压力特别大，你得考虑到这一点。 He never has consideration for his wife's needs.他从来不考虑妻子的需要。
【配套例题 9】 翻译： ①综合考虑，他们应该还有一次机会。 _____ _______ _____ _______，they ought to have another chance. ②那些提议仍在审议中。 The proposals _____ still _____ _______. 10. confirm vt.& vi.证实，证明；确认；使确信 Therefore，we cannot confirm that food from cloned animals is really safe for humans to eat.(P57) 因此，我们不能肯定来自克隆动物身上的食物可以非常安全地让人类食用。 What he observed confirmed his judgment.他观察到的现象证实了他的判断。 【配套例题 10】 翻译： ①公告证实选举将在 6 月 20 日举行。 The announcement _____ _______ the election would take place on June 20th. ②最新的科学发展使公众们确信了那个看法。 The latest scientific development t _____ _____ _______in the belief.
1、知识小结： 2、方法小结： 3、表现小结：
Ⅰ.词义搭配。 1．adopt A．correct in every detail，accurate 2．anxiety B．an idea or a principle connected with sth. abstract 3．concept C．activities that are against the law 4．crime D．allowed or required by law 5．exact E．a doctor who is a specialist in general medicine 6．intention F．to use or accept a method or a suggestion 7．legal G．what you plan to do；your aim 8．physician H．the state of feeling nervous or worried Ⅱ.短语填空。 on the one hand， on the other hand； concentrate on； make sense； for sale； benefit from； succeed in；toy with；push ahead with；in agreement with 1．All of us will ________ the new science and technology. 2．Whatever difficulty we may face，we will ________ our project. 3．What he said at the meeting ________. 4．With the loud noise outside，I can hardly ________ my study. 5．________ they are tired of the life they're living now for they are always too busy，but ________ they don't want to give up their jobs that can bring in great income. 6．Jack ________ passing the exam，which made his parents very proud. Ⅲ.课文缩写。 用所给单词的适当形式填空，完成课文缩写 against；announce；anxiety；benefit；clone；consequence；disagree；effort；medical； tissue Recently it has been 1.________that some scientists have managed to 2.________the first human embryo.People hold different views about the matter.Some insist that the world will 3.________from the technology by using copied 4.________to save human lives.Others 5.________with the idea.They are strongly 6.________it for fear that nature will go out of its usual way as a 7.________of the technology.Despite the 8.________caused among some people， some scientists are carrying out further researches into the field.Perhaps a cloned human baby is
on the way.Chinese scientists have made progress as well.But their 9.________are focused on cloning animals and cloned tissues for 10.________treatment.Like other technologies，clone has two sides，too.Who can tell what it will bring to the world?
一. 单项填空。 1．Before you quit your job，______ how your family would feel about your decision. A．consider B．considering C．to consider D．Considered 2．Never before ______ seen anybody who can play tennis as well as Robert. A．had she B．she had C．has she D．she has 3．The party will be held in the garden，weather ______. A．permitting B．to permit C．permitted D．Permit 4．—Is there anything else to discuss? —______，I guess. A．Not at all B．No，that's all C．Yes，I'm sur e D．Yes，of course 5．When asked about their opinions about the schoolmaster，many teachers would prefer to see him step aside ______ younger men. A．in terms of B．in need of C．in favor of D．in praise of 6．This is not my story，nor______the whole story.My story plays out differently. A．is there B．there is C．is it D．it is 7．Our government ______ a new policy to stop pollution despite a lot of difficulties. A．is putting up with B．is cutting back on C．is catching up with D．is pushing ahead with 8．The present situation is very complex，so I think it will take me some time to______its reality. A．make up B．figure out C．look through D．put off 9．All the photographs in this book，______ stated otherwise，date from the 1950s. A．unless B．until C．once D．If 10．She had just finished her h omework ______ her mother asked her to practise playing the piano yesterday. A．when B．while C．after D．Since 11．I ______ their method of making the machine. A．adopted B．voted C．elected D．Commanded 12．______，the more expensive the camera，the better its quality. A．General speaking B．Speaking general C．Generally speaking D．Speaking generally 13．I would like a job which pays more，but ______ I enjoy the work I'm doing at the moment. A．in other words B．on the other hand C．for one thing D．as a matter of fact 14．I appreciate ______ my children with their homework sometimes，but you're advised ______ them too much. A．you to help；not to help B．you helping；not to help C．you to help；not helping D．your helping； not helping
15．Our friendship ______ quickly over the weeks that followed. A．had developed B．was developing C．would develop D．Developed 二.完形填空。 Today I paid a visit to 1. by the beauty of the city 2. Therefore, many tourists from all 4. 6. of the oldest cities in Europe, Rome in Italy. I was attracted moment I arrived. Situated in the middle of the Italian its cultural relics and long history. I enjoyed many precious the world would prefer to spend their holidays here.
Peninsula (意大利半岛), Rome is well known 3. In the morning we visited Museo Nazionale Romano, 5. the afternoon.
beautiful sculptures. Then we went to enjoy the splendid building of Triumphal Arch in Nearly at dark, we had a chance to visit the symbol of Rome, Colosseo, which is very
the setting sun. another city, but I really thought that Rome is well
It was time for us to leave 8. worth a second visit one day in the future.
【教学目标】 考点 1：名词性从句含义及分类 考点 2：名词性从句连接词的考查（重点） 考点 3：名词性从句的语序问题（重点） 考点 4: 宾语从句中的时态呼应（难点） 【教学过程】
1. Before a problem can be solved, it must be obvious ______the problem itself is. (2011 湖南卷 31) A. what B. that C. which D. why 2. Modern science has given clear evidence ______ smoking can lead to many diseases. (2011 天 津卷 13) A. what B. which C. that D. where 3. I‘d like to start my own business–that‘s ______ I‘d do if I had the money. (2011 陕西卷 15) A. why B. when C. which D. what 4. It is still under discussion ______the old bus station should be replaced with a modern hotel or not. A. whether B. when C. which D. where 5. It is not always easy for the public to see _______ use a new invention can be of to human life. A. whose B. what C. which D. that
考点 1：名词性从句含义及分类 在复合句中起名词作用的从句叫名词性从句(Noun Clauses） 。名词性从句的功能相当于名词 词组, 它在复合句中能担任主语、宾语、表语、同位语。因此根据它在句中不同的语法功能， 名词性从句又可分别称为主语从句、表语从句、宾语从句和同位语从句。 分析下列句子属于名词性从句中的哪种从句 1. What surprised me most was that the old man couldn‘t see anything. (主语从句) 2. It is certain that the mystery of Tutankhamun‘s tomb has never fully explained. (主语从句) 3. The scientist hoped that the mystery will be solved someday. (宾语从句) 4. The conductor has made it clear that no buses will be running. (宾语从句) 5. The truth is that the fog is too thick for the bus to run that far. (表语从句) 6. It was good news that everyone got back safely. (同位语从句) 考点 2：名词性从句连接词的考查 1、连接代词：who, whose, whom, what, which。有词义，在从句中担任成分，如主语、表语、 宾语、或定语等。 2、连接副词：when, where, why, how。有词义，在从句中担任成分，作状语。 3、 连接词： that, whether, if, as if that 无词义， 在从句中不担任成分， 有时可省略； if (whether), as if 虽有词义，但在从句中不担任成分。 注意：连接代词与连接副词在句中不再是疑问句，因而从句中谓语不用疑问式。连接代 词与连接副词在从句充当句子成分，连接词 whether 和 if（是否） ，as if（好象）在从句中不 充当句子成分，只起连接作用。根据句义，如果连接代词与连接副词，whether、if 和 as if 都用不上时，才用 that 作连接词（that 本身无任何含义） 。 【配套例题 1】 1. Sometimes we are asked _____ we think the likely result of an action will be. A. that B. which C. what D. whether 2. ______impressed the audience most, I think, was_______the magician Liu Qian played in this year‘s Spring Festival Evening Party.
A. What, what B.What, that C. That, what D. what, which 3. The data shows_______successful people have in common is______they have perseverance. A. that that, that B. that what, that C. what that, what D. all that, because 4. As a new graduate, he doesn‘t know________it takes to start a business here. A. how B. when C. which D. what 5. One reason for her preference for city life is________she can have easy access to places like shops and restaurants. A. that B. how C. what D. why 6. Before the sales start, I make a list of _______my kids will need for the coming season. A. why B. what C. how D. which 3. whatever, whichever, whoever, whenever, wherever, however 等与 no matter what, no matter which, no matter who, no matter when, no matter where,no matter how 等的区别。 whatever, whichever, whoever 既可引导名词性从句,也可引导状语从句, 而 no matter+疑问词 只能引导状语从句 分析下列划线部分句子所充当的是让步状语从句还是名词性从句。 Whoever breaks the law should be punished. Whoever breaks the law, he or she should be punished We don‘t believe whatever you say. Whatever you say, we don‘t believe you. 【配套例题 2】 1. It is generally considered unwise to give a child ___________he or she wants. ___________their child wants to get, the parents always try to satisfy his desire. A. however B. whatever C. whichever D. no matter what 2. _____he does has nothing to do with me. A. Whatever B. No matter what C. That D. If 3. We decided to donate the goods to______needs them. A. whichever B. however C. whoever D. whomever 4. ________wants to stay in a hotel has to pay their own way. A. Anyone B. The one C. Whoever D. No matter who 5. The chief manager has decided to put______he thinks is energetic, clever,and has good qualities in the position of the leadership of the company. A. those who B. anyone C. whomever D. whoever 6. She is very dear to us. We have been prepared to do ____ it takes to save her life. A. whichever B. however C. whatever D. whoever 4. Whether 和 if 的区别。 【教师点拨】whether 与 if 均为"是否"的意思, 在宾语从句中一般可以通用。 但在下列情况 下，只用 whether。 【学生活动】默读并识记下列规则 ① whether 引导主语从句、表语从句和同位语时； Whether he will attend the meeting is uncertain. The point is whether we should lend him the money. They are investigating the question whether the man is trustworthy. ② whether 从句作介词宾语时 I haven‘t settled the question of whether I‘ll go back home. I worry about whether he can pass through the crisis of his illness. ③ whether 从句后有"or not"时； （如宾语从句中，whether 常与 or not 搭配，也可以说 whether or not, 而不说 if or not. ）或与 to 连用 I don‘t care whether or not she will attend the meeting. She doesn‘t know whether to get married now or wait. ④ whether 作 discuss 和 be doubtful 的宾语时 Recently we have discussed whether Senior 3 students should take physics exercise (or not). She's doubtful whether we shall be able to come. （形容词宾语） 注意：前面主语的动词含有疑问意义时(如：wonder, doubt, have no idea ect. )，用 whether,
肯定意义用 that 连接。 【配套例题 3】 1. It depends on______ we have enough time. A. if B. if or not C. that D. whether 2. ______the meeting should last two days or three days doesn‘t matter. A. That B. Whether C. If D. Where 3. ______more countries can use natural energy in the future remains to be seen. A. Whether B. This C. who D. If 4. The little boy wondered _______ his mother would come back on time. A. what B. that C. whether D. which 5. I doubt _______he can pass the final- term exam. A. what B. that C. whether D. which 6. There is no doubt _______Zheng Wei will keep his promise. A. what B. that C. whether D. which 考点 3：名词性从句的语序问题 名词性从句一定要用陈述句 【配套例题 4】 She asked Tom ________ with his car? A. what the matter was B. what the matter is C. what was the matter D. what is the matter 考点 4: 宾语从句中的时态呼应 1. 如果主句是祈使句或主句是现在时或将来时,从句谓语可根据句意的需要而用任何一种时 态. 2. 如果主句谓语是过去时，则从句的谓语动词一般用过去的某种时态，如一般过去时、过 去进行时、过去完成时、过去将来时等。 【配套例题 5】 1. He says he _____ three English songs since he came here. A. learned B. had learned C. would learn D. has learned 2. Mr White hoped that he_________ China the next year. A. will visit B. was going to visit C. had visited D. visited 3. Our teacher said that the moon _____ around the earth. A. turn B. turned C. turns D. has turned 4. Our father said that he ______research on an unusual plant then. A. was doing B. is doing C. did D.would do
1、知识小结： 2、方法小结： 3、表现小结：
1. _____ Barbara Jones offers to her fans is honesty and happiness. (2011 北京卷 22) A. Which B. What C. That D. Whom 2. The shocking news made me realize _____ terrible problems we would face. (2011 北京卷 31) A. What B. how C. that D. why 3. There is clear evidence _____ the most difficult feeling of all to interpret is bodily pain. A. what B. if C. how D. that 4. The message you intend to convey through words may be the exact opposite of ________ others actually understand. (2011 上海卷 38) A. why B. that C. which D. what 5. I am afraid he‘s more of a talker than a doer, which is _____ he never finishes anything. (2011 山东卷) A. that B. when C. where D. why 6. We‘ve offered her the job, but I don‘t know______ she‘ll accept it. (2011 山东卷 33) A. where B. what C. whether D. which 7. The villagers have already known ______ we‘ll do is to rebuild the bridge. (2011 江西卷 26) A. this B. that C. what D. which
8. It was never clear _____ the man hadn‘t reported the accident sooner. (2011 江苏卷 26) A. that B. how C. when D. why 9. His writing is so confusing that it‘s difficult to make out ____it is he is trying to express. A. that B. how C. who D. what 10. Our teachers always tell us to believe in ______ we do and who we are if we want to succeed. A. why B. how C. what D. which 11. Twenty students want to attend the class that aims to teach ______ to read fast.(2011 辽宁卷 23) A. what B. who C. how D. why 12. When the news came _____ the war broke out, he decided, to serve in the army.(2011 辽宁卷 32) A. since B. which C. that D. because 13. We should respect food and think about the people who don‘t have we have here and treat food nicely. A. that B. which C. what D. whether 14. Cindy shut the door heavily and burst into tears. No one in the office knew she was so angry. A. where B. whether C. that D. why 15. ________some people regard as a drawback is seen as a plus by many others. A. Whether B. What C. That D. How
1. ____ made the school proud was ____ more than 90%of the students had been admitted to key universities. A. What; because B. What; that C. That; what D. That; because 2. We haven‘t settled the question of _______ it is necessary for him to study abroad. A. if B. where C. whether D. that 3. With his work completed, the businessman stepped back to his seat, feeling pleased _______ he was a man of action. A. which B. that C. what D. whether 4. ___ is our belief that improvements in health care will lead to a stronger, more prosperous economy. A. As B. That C. This D. It 5. The shopkeeper did not want to sell for _______ he thought was not enough. A. where B. how C. what D. which 6. Please remind me _______ he was going. I may be in time to see him off. A. where B. when C. how D. what 7. I was wondering whether ___________________ . A. he will come to my aid B. would he ignore my idea C. he can solve the puzzling problem D. he would pay back my money 8. I‘d like to work with _______ is honest and easy to get on with. A. who B. whoever C. whomever D. no matter who 9. —Can we get everything ready by the weekend? —It all depends on _______ we can get Mr. Green‘s cooperation. A. that B. what C. whether D. if 10. Why pleasant smell can reduce pain ______ not clear so far. A. be B. are C. is D. does 11. The truth _____ the man is related to the case made her very sad. A. \ B. that C. where D. whether
【教学目标】 考点 1：谓语动词只能用单数的情况 考点 2：谓语动词只能用复数的情况 考点 3：谓语动词可以用单数也能用复数的情况 考点 4：谓语动词就近原则 考点 5：谓语动词就远原则 【教学过程】
1. More than 70 percent of the books_______ in English. A. is written B. has written C. are written 2. Much homework _________today. A. has finished B. has been finished C. have finished finished 3. The teacher, along with the students______ going to attend the lecture. A. is B. are C. has been 4. Either he or I ________ to go to Beijing on business. A. is B. be C. are D. have written D. have been D. was D. am
考点 1： 谓语动词只能用单数的情况。 (1) 不可数名词、可数名词的单数形式； (2) 动词不定式、动名词、单个主从； (3) 书名、剧名、国名、组织机构等的复数名词 ； (4) 表示时间、距离、价格、度量等的复数名词作为整体； (5) 以 ics 结尾的学科名词：politics, physics, mathematics, economics(经济学), statistics 等； (6) 用 and 连接两个单数名词， 且被 each, every, no, many a 修饰, 如： every boy and every girl； (7) 由 and 连接两个名词，且属同一概念时； (8) 两个单数名词由 and 连接，前只有一个冠词，表示―兼‖； (9) one of…, one in / out of…, more than one；the number of +复数名词； (10) 当定从的先行词为 the (only) one of…； (11) 在强调句 It is / was …that / who…中； (12) one and a half 后面接复数名词，谓语动词常用单数。 【配套例题 1】 1. His father (work) out in the gym every day. 2. To study English well (be)not easy. 3. What he said (be) very important for us all. 4. Reading in the sun (do) harm to your eyes. 5. Ten dollars (be) too much to pay for that shirt. 6. A hundred miles (be) a long distance. 7. Each of us_____(have) an English-Chinese dictionary. 【配套例题 2】 1. The United States (be) a developed country. 2. The paper works (be) built in 1990. 3. Every boy and every girl ______ (know) that each day and each hour brings its duty. 【配套例题 3】 1. The singer and the dancer _____(come) from different places. 2. The singer and dancer _____(come) from Guangxi. 考点 2：谓语动词只能用复数的情况 1. 如果主语是_复数时, 谓语动词只能用复数；
2. goods, clothes, remains, works(著作)等作主语时，谓语动词要用复数形式； 3. "定冠词 the + 形容词"，表示某一类人时，谓语动词用复数 常用词为:the poor / rich / dead / young /old /wounded 【配套例题 4】 1. Tom and Jack (get) along well with each other. 2. The remains of a Roman fort(要塞) _________(be) found a few years ago. 3. The beautiful _____(give) pleasure to all. 考点 3：谓语动词可以用单数也能用复数的情况 1.如果集体名词指的是整个集体，它的谓语动词用单数形式；如果它指集体的成员，其谓语 动词就用复数形式。这些词有 family, class, team, group, public,等。注意：people, police, cattle 等名词一般都用作复数。 2. a number of , a variety of, a group of 修饰名词作主语时，谓语动词用复数 3.the number of, the variety of 修饰名词作主语时，谓语动词用 单数 4.a large amount of/a large quantity of+复数名词/不可数名词作主语时，谓语动词用 单数 large amounts of+不可数名词 谓语动词用 复数 large quantities of+复数名词/不可数名词作主语时 【配套例题 5】 1. Nowadays, a large number of women especially those from the countryside, in the clothing industry. A. is working B. works C. work D. worked 2. The number of students in the college for these years. A. have increased B. have been increased C. has increased D. has been increased 3. Large quantities of food_____ (have) been wasted recently. 4. Large amounts of money (be) being invested in the local market. 考点 4：谓语动词就近原则 由 or, nor, either…or…, neither…nor…, not only… but also…, not…but…连接的并列主语，通 常根据就近原则， 谓语动词的单复数要和与它邻近的主语的数保持一致, 此外， 还有 there be 句型 【配套例题 6】 1. Neither I nor my partner about the child‘s medical history. A. were asked B. was asked C. have been asked D. am asked 2. One or two students (be) coming this evening. 考点 5：谓语动词就远原则 名词+ with, together/along with, except, but, besides, in addition to, like, as well as, rather than, + 名词作主语时，谓语动词用就远原则。 例如： 1. Three students, along with the boy are invited by the teacher. 2. Tom as well as two of his friends was invited to the party. 【配套例题 7】 1. Nobody but Jim and Mike (be）on the playground. 2. She, like you and I, (be) very tall. 3. Professor Smith, along with his assistants, on the project day and night to meet the deadline. A. work B. working C. is working D. are working
1、知识小结： 2、方法小结： 3、表现小结：
1. Most of his spare time _____spent in reading. A. are B. has
D. have been
2. Ten thousand dollars ______ quite a large sum. A. are B. is C. has D. have 3. A poet and artist coming to speak to us about Chinese literature and painting tomorrow afternoon. A. is B. are C. was D. were 4. The number of foreign students attending Chinese universities ____ rising steadily since 1997. A. is B. are C. has been D. have been 5. John is the only one of the students in our class who ____ to school on foot. A. go B. goes C. have gone D. are going 6. He said that his family ____ all very well. A. are B. were C. is D. was 7. A library with five thousand books ______ to the nation as a gift. A. is offered B. has offered C. are offered D. have offered 8. ---Did you go to the show last night? ---Yeah. Every boy and girl in the area invited. A. were B. have been C. has been D. was 9. — Is everyone here? —Not yet… look, there _______the rest of our guests! A. come B. comes C. is coming D. has come 10. Not only China but also other countries ____trying to develop their own economy. A. is B. are C. were D. was
1 The factory used 65 percent of the raw materials, the rest of which _____ saved for other purposes. A. is B. are C. was D. were 2 One third of the country ______covered with trees and the majority of the citizens_______black people. A. is; are B. is; is C. are; are D. are; is 3 Barbara is easy to recognize as she‘s the only one of the women who _______ evening dress. A.wear B.wears C.has worn D.have worn 5Listening to loud music at rock concerts caused hearing loss in some teenagers. A. is B. are C. has D. have 6 Such poets as Shakespeare widely read, of whose works, however, some __________ difficult to understand. A. are；are B. is；is C. are；is D. is：are 7 The number of foreign students attending Chinese universities _______ rising steadily since1990. A. is B. are C. has been D. have been 8 The teacher together with the students _______ discussing Reading Skills that ______ newly published in America. A. are; were B. is; were C. are; was D. is; was 9 Either you or one of your students ______ to attend the meeting that is due tomorrow. A. are B. is C. have D. be 10 Dr. Smith, together with his wife and daughters, visit Beijing this summer. A. is going to B. are going to C. was going to D. were going to 11 —Did you go to the show last night? —Yeah.Every boy and girl in the area invited. A.were B.have been? C.has been D.was 12 A survey of the opinions of experts that three hours of outdoor exercise a week good for one‘s health.? A.show; are B.shows; is? C.show; is D.shows; are 13 As a result of the serious flood, two-thirds of the buildings_________ in the area .? A.need repairing B.needs to repair? C.needs repairing D.need to repair 14 Professor James will give us a lecture on the Western culture, but when and where ____ yet. A. hasn‘t been decided B. haven‘t decided C. isn‘t being decided D. aren‘t decided 15 The company had about 20 notebook computers but only one-third used regularly.Now we have 60 working all day long.?
A.is B.are C.was D.were 16 Most of what has been said about the Smiths also true of the Johnsons.? A.are B.is? C.being D.to be
【教学目标】 考点 1：宾语补足语的含义（重点） 考点 2：常考宾语补足语用法（重点） 【教学过程】
1. With a lot of difficult problems_____, the newly-elected president is having a hard time. A. settled B. settling C. to settle D. being settled 2. I advised _____ at once. A. him to starting B. him to start C. to starting D. to start 3. When I put my hand on his chest, I could feel his heart still ____. A. beat B. to be beating C. beating D. was beating 4. You had better get a doctor _____ your bad tooth. A. pull out B. to pull out C. pulled out D. pulling out 5. He managed to make himself____ with his____ English A. understand; breaking B. understand; broken C. understood; breaking D. understood; broken
考点 1：宾语补足语的含义 宾语补足语是位于宾语之后，说明宾语的状态、特征的成分，多由名词、形容词、副词、 不定式，分词充当。 例句： The sun keeps us warm. I heard him singing. You must get your hair cut. 考点 2：宾语补足语用法 1.感官动词 feel, hear, listen to, see, watch, nitice, observe, look at, （1）不定式--表示宾语实施过行为We saw him get on the bus. 我们看到他上了公交车。 （2）现在分词--表示宾语正进行的行为 We saw him getting on the bus. 我们看到他正上公交车。 （3）过去分词--表示宾语接受的动作 We heard the song sang by the girl. 我们听到那支歌被女孩子唱了。 2. 使役动词: let(让), make(迫使; 促使), have(使、让、叫) 后常跟不带 to 的不定式作宾语补足语。例如： A woman saw it happen when she was walking past. 一位妇女路过时看到（它掉下）了。 We often heard her sing in the next room. 我们经常听到她在隔壁唱歌。 注意：在被动语态句子中，不定式前必须加 to.例如： He was made to do it. 他被迫做这件事。 She was often heard to sing in the next room. 经常听到她在隔壁唱歌 3. with+宾语+宾语补足语‖： （1）.with+宾语+形容词 He often sleeps with the windows open. 他常开着窗睡觉。 （2） with＋宾语＋副词 He stood before his teacher with his head down. 他低着头站在老师面前。 （3） with＋宾语＋名词 He died with his daughter yet a schoolgirl. 他去世时，女儿还是个小学生。 （4） with＋宾语＋介词短语 She said good-bye with tears in her eyes. 她含着眼泪说了声再见。
（5）with＋宾语＋现在分词(短语) He fell asleep with the lamp burning. 他没熄灯就睡着了。 （6）with＋宾语＋过去分词(短语) All the afternoon he worked with the door locked. 整个下午他都锁着门在房里工作。 （7）with＋宾语＋不定式(短语) I can‘t go out with all these clothes to wash. 要洗这些衣服，我无法出去了。 一定能按时完成。 4.get /have 后面的宾补 一、have/get+宾语+done，done 是过去分词作宾语补足语。包括两层意思： (1) 让别人去做某事。例如： He will have/get the computer repaired tomorrow.他明天让人给他修电脑。 (2) (主语)遭受到(意外的损失或不幸)。例如： He had/get his computer stolen the other day.前几天他的电脑被偷了。 二、have +宾语+do sth 意思是―让某人去干某事‖。例如： Mother has me go to the shop to buy some fruit. 妈妈让我去商店买一些水果。 三、have +宾语+ doing sth 意思是―让某人或某物持续做某事‖。例如: It‘s cold. We should have the fire burning all the time. 天气冷，我们应该让火一直燃烧着。 四、get+宾语+to do sth 意思是―让某人去干某事‖，与 have sb do sth 同义，不定式符号 to 不 省略。例如： I‘ll get someone to do it for you. 我将让人为你做那件事。 5．find + 名词 +n. /adj. /doing /done /adv. /to be /介词短语 1. Can you find me a book? 2. I find Russian grammar very difficult 3. If you are found playing games at work, you will be dismissed. 4. I found him at home
1、知识小结： 2、方法小结： 3、表现小结：
1. The teacher asked the boys _______make so much noise. A. don‘t B. not C. will not D. not to 2. ----There‘s a hole in your bag. ---- I know, I‘m going to have it _____. A. mend B. mending C. mended D. to be mended 3. Who do you often have ______ the work for you? A. to do B. do C. done D. doin 4. John was last seen ______ near the river. A. to be playing B. play C. to play D. playing 5. He managed to make himself ____with his____English. A.understand; breaking B. understand; broken C. understood; breaking D. understood; broken 6. They elected John ____________ of the committee. A.a chairman B. chairmen C. the chairman D. chairman 7. Don‘t leave the water _____while you brush your teeth. A. run B. running C. being run D. to run 8. We found many old people ___ at the back of the _____ house, smoking and talking. A. sat B.sit C. seat D.seated 9.Though I can’t make the model ship ___faster, the model plane can be made ___ higher by any of the boys here, A, sail; to fly B, to sail ; fly C, to sail; to fly D, sail ;fly
10. You should keep your room ______ A. is clean and tidy. B. are clean and tidy C. cleaned and tidied D. clean and tidy 11. ____ production up by 60%,the company has had another excellent year. A.As B.For C.With D.Through 12.____ everything ____ , she left the supermarket with satisfaction. A. As, buying B. For, to buy C. With, bought D. Because, to buy
1. The missing boy was last seen ____ near the river. A. playing B. to be playing C. play D. to play 2. I feel ____ unwise to give a child whatever he or she wants. A. that B. how C. it D. what 3. It is wise to have some money ____ for old age. A. put away B. kept up C. given away D. laid up 4. He slipped into the room, without himself ____. A. seen B. being seen C. seeing D. to see 5. He found the street much ____. A. crowd B. crowding C. crowded D. crowdly 6. I think ___ necessary to learn English well. A. its B. it C. that D. that is 7. Paul doesn‘t have to be made ____. He always works hard. A. learn B. to learn C. learned D. learning 8. You can‘t have the horse _____ all the way. It‘s too hot. A. run B. to run C. running D. to be running 9. When I came back, I found the house _____ and everything _____. A. was broken; took away B. broken into; taken away C. had been broken; taken D. break into; take away 10. I heard that you were elected _____ this time. A. monitor B. the monitor C. a monitor D. my monitor 11. When I came back, I found nobody ___. It was empty. A. on B. out C. in D. away 12. The speaker raised his voice but still couldn‘t make himself ______. A. hear B. to hear C. hearing D. heard 13. For a time his grandmother found _____ accept his new idea. A. hard B. it hard C. it hard to D. it is hard t 14. Tell him _____ the window. A. to shut not B. not to shut C. to not shut D. not shut 15. ----There‘s a hole in your bag. ---- I know, I‘m going to have it _____. A. mend B. mending C. mended D. to be mended 16. Though he had often made his little sister ____, today he was made ____ by his little sister. A. cry; to cry B. crying; crying C. cry; cry D. to cry; cry 17. They would not allow him _____ across the enemy line. A. to risk going B. risking to go C. for risk to go D. risk going 18. I found the door _____ when I got home. A. opened B. close C. unlocking D. open 19. The boy wanted to ride his bicycle in the street, but his mother told him ___. A. not to B. not to do C. not do D. do not to 20. I couldn‘t do my homework with all that noise____. A. going on B. goes on C. went on D. to go on
【教学目标】 考点 1：情态动词的基本用法（重点） 考点 2：情态动词表示推测（重点） 考点 3:识记情态动词+ 完成时表示的虚拟含义（难点） 【教学过程】
1. The police still haven‘t found the lost child, but they‘re doing all they______. (2011 四川 卷) . A. can B. may C. must D. should 2. If you __ go, at least wait until the storm is over. (2011 辽宁卷) A. can B. may C. must D. will 3. —Will you read me a story ,Mummy? (2011 陕西卷) —OK. You____ have one if you go to bed as soon as possible. A. might B. must C. could D. shall 4. —Why didn‘t you come to Simon‘s party last night? (2011 重庆卷) — I want to, but my mom simply _________ not let me out so late at night. A. could B. might C. would D. should 5. —No one _______ be compared with Yao Ming in playing basketball. (2011 湖南卷) —Oh, you are really his big fan. A. can B. need C. must D. might 6. —Pity you missed the lecture on nuclear pollution. (2011 福建卷) —I____ it, but I was busy preparing for a job interview. A. attended B. had attended C. would attend D. would have attended
考点 1：情态动词基本用法 1.can/could 与 be able to 用法的不同 (1)、从使用句型上看，can 通常只用于否定句或疑问句，一般不用于肯定句，而 could 可用 于肯定句、否定句和疑问句。两者没有时间上的差别，只是 could 比 can 更委婉，更不确 定。如： What can（could）they be doing? We could go there this summer. 今年夏天我们可能要去那儿。 注：can 有时也用于肯定句中表示推测，主要用于表示理论上的可能性(即从理论上看是可 能的，但实际未必会发生)，或表示―有时‖之意。如： Even experienced teachers can make mistakes. 即使是有经验的教师也可能出错。 (2)(用于疑问句中，表惊讶、怀疑等)―(到底)可能有这样的事吗？‖ Can it be that it was I，not he，who was mistaken (3) can 表现在的能力，一般用于现在时态中，而 be able to 则可以用于任何时态 could 表示过去能力，且表示过去有有能力做某事，但是可能没成功，而 be able to 则表示过去有能力做某事，且成功了 例如： 1) Although she is a little girl, she can dance very well. 2) The doctor could save the boy yesterday but he didn‘t. 3) A big fire broke out in the hotel last night, but luckily everyone was able to get out of it. 4）I am sorry, I haven‘t been able to answer your letter. 5）After finishing his courses, he will be able to speak French well.
(4)构成下列特殊句式： ①can not/can never...too...或 cannot...enough ―无论怎么……也不过分； 越……越好；非常……‖。 One cannot be too careful. 越认真越好。 I cannot thank you enough.我对你感激不尽。 ②cannot help doing.../cannot help but do.../cannnot but do...―禁不住；不 由得；不得不‖。 I cannot help admiring the picture whenever I look at it. When a close friend dies，you cannot but feel sad. 【配套例题 1】 1．It is usually warm in my hometown in March，but it ______ be rather cold sometimes.? A.must B.can C.should D.would 2. He _______ sleep, although he tried to, when he got on such a hunt for an idea until he had caught it. A. wouldn‘t B. shouldn‘t C. couldn‘t D. mustn‘t 3. It_______ be the vocabulary that caused you the problem in the exercise because you know a lot of words. A. may B. couldn‘t C. should D. needn‘t 4. He _______ come and worry her with questions, just when she was busy cooking the dinner! A. must B. can C. shall D. will 2.may 和 might 用法 may /might 译为 或许，也许，说不定，它表示 may 的语气要比 might 强 may as well+动词原形翻译成―最好，满可以，倒不如‖ may 可以用于祈使句，表祝愿。 如: May you return in safty. 【配套例题 2】 1.Although this _______ sound like a simple task，great care is needed.? A.must B.may C.shall D.should 2.—You needn‘t take an umbrella. It isn‘t going to rain. —Well, I don‘t know. It _______ do. A. might B. need C. would D. should 3．would 与 used to 用法 would 可表示过去反复发生的动作或某种倾向， 后面接表示动作的动词， 不能接表示状态的 词。used to 表示过去的习惯动作或状态，强调现在已不存在。 He would come to see us on Sundays. 过去他经常星期天来看望我们。 Our company used to do business with theirs. 过去我们公司和他们的公司常有业务往来。 【配套例题 3】 When we worked in the same firm several years ago， we________often go to the cinema together. A．would B．will C.all D．could 4．must 用法 (1)(表义务、必要性、命令)必须，得，要 ―Must I wash the dishes at once？‖―No，you needn‘t.‖―我得立 刻洗这些盘子吗？‖―不，不必。‖ Animals must eat to live.为了活下去，动物必须吃东西。 【注】 mustn‘t 表―禁止、不准‖。 You mustn‘t play with the knife；you may hurt yourself. 你不可玩刀子，你会把自己割伤的。 (2)(表必然性)必定 Everyone must die.每个人都必定会死。 (3)(表固执、不满等)偏偏；硬要；偏要
If you must know，I‘m going to help him look for an apartment. 如果你偏要知道，那我告诉你，我要去帮助他找一套公寓。 【配套例题 4】 1.You__have all your clothes on the floor like this！(2005 全国 I A. wouldn‘t B. mustn‘t C. needn‘t D. may not 2. You _____ practise the drums while the baby is sleeping. A. needn‘t B. mightn‘t C. mustn‘t D. won‘t 5、shall 用法 (1)用于疑问句中，与第一、三人称连用，表示征求对方的意见 Shall she go to the concert with us this evening? Shall we go out for a walk? 【注】 may 用于征求对方的许可，shall 用于一，三人称时征求对方的意见或指示。 May I have a look？我能看一下吗？ Shall I have a look？要我看一下吗？ (2)用于第二、三人称，表示说话人的命令、警告、强制、允诺、威 胁或决心等 Don‘t worry.You shall get the answer this very afternoon. 不要焦急，今天下午你就会得到答复。(允诺) He shall be sorry one day.I tell you. 我告诉你，他早晚有一天会后悔的。(警告) (3)(用于法律、规则等条文中)应……，须……，得…… The fine shall be given in cash.罚款应以现金缴纳。 【配套例题 5】 1.The interest _______ be divided into five parts, according to the agreement made by both sides,‖ declared the judge. A. may B. should C. must D. shall 2.—Excuse me, but I want to use your dictionary to look up some new words in the passage? —You _______ have my dictionary if you don‘t take good care of it. A. may not B. shan‘t C. needn‘t D. shouldn‘t 3.—What‘s your name? —Kulaifi. _______ I spell that for you? A. Shall B. Would C. Can D. Might 6. should (1)(表义务、责任)应该 We should attend the meeting. 我们应该参加这次会议。 (2)(表预期)应该会，想必会，一定会……吧 The concert should be great fun.音乐会一定会很有意思。 (3)(表惊讶、遗憾)竟然；居然 I‘m glad that your story should have won the first prize. 我很高兴你的小说居然赢得头奖。 (4)(与疑问词连用，表示意外、纳闷、惊讶等)究竟是；到底 Who should come in but my old friend Betty！ 我当是谁进来了呢，原来是我的老朋友贝蒂呀！ (5)(用于条件状语从句中)一旦；万一 If she should know the truth，she would be greatly depressed. 万一她知道了实情，她将会非常失望。 Should you change your mind，let us know. 你一旦改变主意，就通知我们。 (6)(用于表示命令、建议、请求的动词后面的 that 从句中，且 should 可省略)应该；必须 She demanded that they (should) leave at once. 她要求他们立即离开。 (7)(用于以 lest，for fear that，in case 引导的状语从句中)以免；唯恐
She gave me a list just in case I should forget what to buy. 她给了我一张清单，以免我忘记买些什么。 【配套例题 6】 You can‘t imagine that a well-behaved gentleman _____ be so rude to a lady. (2001 上海) A. might B. need C. should D. would 考点 2： 情态动词表示推测 1.表示肯定的猜测时，各情态动词语气由强到弱如下： must(一定)，will（很有可能） ，would（很有可能） ，should（应该，想必会） ，can（可能） ， could（可能） ，may（可能） ，might（可能） 2.表示够定的猜测室，can‘t/couldn‘t 语气最强，指―不可能‖；should not 意为‖不应该会‖； may/might not 语气最弱，意思是―可能不‖。 3.疑问的推测一般用 can 或 could,could 表示推测的可能性更小些。 4.一些情态动词表推测室的用法限制： must 只用于肯定句； may/might 用于疑问句和否定句； could 可用于各种句式；而 can 多用于否定句、疑问句，用于肯定句室，指―有时会‖。 考点 3:识记情态动词+ 完成时表示的虚拟含义 1) can/could have done (过去本能做而未作) 2) should have done (本应该做而没有做) 3) shouldn‘t have done（本不应该做而做了） 4) ought to have done/ ought not to have done (本因该做某事却没做/本不应该做某事却做了) 5) needn‘t have done (本没有必要做而做了) Eg: 1) Why did you just sit and watch？ You could have helped me. 2) ―I thought you wouldn‘t mind.‖ ―Well, as a matter of fact I don‘t, but you should have asked me first.‖ 【配套例题 7】 1.Thank you for all your hard work last week.I don‘t think we _______ it without you.? A.can manage B.could have managed? C.could manage D.can have managed 2. ―I thought you wouldn‘t mind.‖ ―Well, as a matter of fact I don‘t, but you _____ me first.‖ A. should ask B. should have asked C. must ask D. must have asked
1、知识小结： 2、方法小结： 3、表现小结：
1. They_______ have arrived at lunchtime but their flight was delayed. (2011 全国卷 I) A. will B. can C. must D. should 2. If you____ smoke, please go outside. (2011 全国卷 II) A. can B. should Cmust D. may 3. —I don‘t really like James. Why did you invite him? (2011 北京卷 24) —Don‘t worry. He __________ come. He said he wasn‘t certain what his plans were. A. must not B. need not C. would not D. might not 4. I _____ worry about my weekend—I always have my plans ready before it comes. (2011 上海 卷) A. can‘t B. mustn‘t C. daren‘t D. needn‘t 5. Just be patient .You_____________ expect the world to change so soon. (10 全国 I 29) A. can‘t B. needn‘t C. may not D. will not 6. I‘m afraid Mr. Harding ____ see you now. He‘s busy. A. can‘t B. mustn‘t C. shouldn‘t D. needn‘t 7.—I haven‘t got the reference book yet, but I‘ll have a test on the subject next month. —Don‘t worry. You______ have it by Friday. A. could B. shall C. must D. may 8. He _____ out at night. A. dare not go B. doesn‘t dare to go C. dares not to go D. doesn‘t dare go
1. —Good morning. I‘ve got an appointment with Miss Smith in the Personnel Department. — Ah, good morning. You ______be Mrs. Peter. A. might B. must C. would D. can 2. You might just as well tell the manufacturer that male customers ______ not like the design of the furniture. A. must B. shall C. may D. need 3. — Isn‘t that Ann‘s husband over there? — No, it _______ be him ---I‘m sure he doesn‘t wear glasses. A. can‘t B. must not C. won‘t D. may not 4. There ______be any difficulty about passing the road test since you have practiced a lot in the driving school. A. mustn‘t B. shan‘t C. shouldn‘t D. needn‘t 5. He ____ have completed his work; otherwise, he wouldn‘t be enjoying himself by seaside. A. should B. must C. wouldn‘t D. can‘t 6. — Did Jim come? —I don‘t know. He _____while I was out. A. might have come B. can have come C. must have come D. should have come 7. — Do you know where David is? I couldn‘t find him anywhere. —Well. He ______ have gone far —his coat‘s still here. A. shouldn‘t B. mustn‘t C. can‘t D. wouldn‘t 8. —I don‘t really like James. Why did you invite him? —Don‘t worry. He_______ come. He said he wasn‘t certain what his plans were. A. must not B. need not C. would not D. might not 9. One of our rules is that every student_______ wear school uniform while at school. A. might B. could C. shall D . will 10. Days later, my brother called to say he was all right, but_______ say where he was. A. mustn't B. shouldn't C. wouldn't D. mightn't 11. I got close enough to hear them speaking Chinese, and I said ―Ni Hao ‖ just as I _______ do in China. A. must B. might C. can D. should
【教学目标】 考点 1：八大时态时态的被动语态基本形式（重点） 考点 2：被动语态的特殊结构 考点 3: 掌握无被动语态的词的用法 考点 4：主动表示被动（难点） 【教学过程】
1.An exhibition of paintings ____ at the museum next week． A．are to be held B. is to be held C. are holding D．will hold 2. ——Do you like the material? ——Yes, it______ very soft. A. is feeling B. felt C. feels D. is felt 3. — Have you worked in the new factory? — Not yet, the project ________. A. is being built B. is building C. is built D. is being building 4. Every possible means ____, but none ____ successful． A. has tried; has proved B. tried; proves C. has been tried; proves D. is being tried; is proved 5. More than a dozen students in that school ＿＿＿ abroad to study medicine last year. A. sent B. were sent C. had sent D. had been sent
考点 1：八大时态时态的被动语态基本形式 1.并归纳各种时态的被动语态的结构 1. English is spoken in the world every day. 2. A VR headset was designed by scientist.. 3. He believes that VR films will be accepted by most people. 4. He hoped the technology would be used in the future. 5. Right now the new project is being developed in the laboratory. 6. The classroom was being cleaned this time yesterday. 7. Much progress has been achieved in science and technology. 8. He believed that he had been recognized by fans. 归纳小结各种时态的被动语态的结构（以动词 do 为例） 时态 主 动 语 态 被 动 语 态 do/does am/is/are done 一般现在时 did was/were done 一般过去时 will/shall do shall/will be done/ be going to be done 一般将来时 would do would be done 过去将来时 am/is/are doing am/is /are being done 现在进行时 was/were doing was/were being done 过去进行时 have/has done has /have been done 现在完成时 had done had been done 过去完成时 【配套例题 1】 1. — I don't suppose the police know who did it. — Well, surprisingly they do. A man has been arrested and ____________ now.
A. has been questioned B. is being questioned C. is questioning D. has questioned 2. The construction of the two new railway lines __________by now. A. has completed B. have completed C. have been completed D. has been completed 3. Customers are asked to make sure that they ______ the right change before leaving the shop. A. will give B. have been given C. have given D. will be given 4. －How long _______ at this job? －Since 1990. A. were you employed B. have you been employed C. had you been employed D. will you be employed 5. The new suspension bridge _____by the end of last month. A. has been designed B. had been designed C. was designed D. would be designed 考点 2：被动语态的特殊结构 被动语态的特殊结构形式 (1)带情态动词的被动结构。其形式为：情态动词＋be＋过去分词。 例 The baby should be taken good care of by the baby-sitter. (2) 有些动词可以有两个宾语，在用于被动结构时，可以把主动结构中的一个宾语变为 主语， 另一宾语仍然保留在谓语后面。通常变为主语的是间接宾语。 例 His mother gave him a present for his birthday. 可改为 He was given a present by his mother for his birthday. (3) 当―动词+宾语+宾语补足语‖结构变为被动语态时，将宾语变为被动结构中的主语， 其余不动。 例 Someone caught the boy smoking a cigarette. 可改为 The boy was caught smoking a cigarette. (4） 在使役动词 have, make, get 以及感官动词 see, watch, notice, hear, feel, observe 等后面 不定式作宾语补语时，在主动结构中不定式 to 要省略，但变为被动结构时，要加 to。 例 Someone saw a stranger walk into the building. 可改为 A stranger was seen to walk into the building. (5) 有些相当于及物动词的动词词组，如―动词＋介词‖，―动词＋副词‖等，也可以用于 被动结构，但要把它们看作一个整体，不能分开。其中的介词或副词也不能省略。 (6）常以被动语态出现的句式结构 句子结构为：It is\was said\reported\believed\hoped\well-known\thought\suggested that…. 相当于结构：sb/sth be said/reported/believed/hoped/well-known/thought/suggested to…… 【配套例题 2】 1.Listen! I hear someone me. A. called B. call C. calling D. to call 2.The boy often makes the girl , but this time he is made by her. A. to cry, to cry B. cry, cry C. cry, to cry D. to cry, cry 3. The five-year-old boy suffered from hand-foot-and-mouth disease, but fortunately, he _______ in time. A. treated B. treats C. gets treated D. got treated 4. Sarah, hurry up. I'm afraid you can‘t have time to ______ before the party. A. get changed B. get change C. get changing D. get to change 5.When we were young, we by our parents. A.are often taken care B. were often taken care C.are often take care of D. were often taken care of 6.A lot of time should be to improve our oral English. A.made use of B.make use of C. make use D. made use 7._______ that they can pass the written exam this time. A. That is hoped B. It is hoped C. That hopes D. It hopes 8. The crowd cheered wildly at the sight of Liu Xiang, who was reported _______ the world record in the 110-meter hurdle race. A. breaking B. having broken C. to have broken D. to break 考点 3: 掌握无被动语态的词的用法 1. 不及物动词无被动语态，如 happen, take place, break out, come true, consist of, arrive, 等
2. 少数静态动词,如 have, own, belong to 等无被动语态 【配套练习 3】 1. Great changes _____ in the city, and a lot of factories ______. A. have been taken place, have been set up B. have taken place; have been set up C. have taken place; have set up D. were taken place; were set up 2. The computers on the table ___ Professor Smith. A. belongs B. are belonged to C. belongs to D. belong to 考点 4：主动表示被动 有些及物动词(其主语大都是物) 的主动语态可以表示被动意义。通常有以下几种情况： 1. 连系动词如：look, smell, sound, feel, taste, prove, seem, appear, turn, become, fall, get, grow, keep 等+形容词/名词，构成系表结构； 2. 表示主语的某种属性特征的动词，如：write, read, sell, wash, open, wash, cook 等 3. 动词 need， want, require, worth(adj.) 等接动名词作宾语时。 4. easy， hard， cheap， important， difficult， nice 等形容词作表语，后接不定式，且句 子的主语在逻辑上是不定式的宾语时。其基本结构是： sb./sth. be +adj.+to do = It is + adj. (for sb.) to do e.g. English is easy to learn.= It is easy (for us) to learn English. 【配套练习 4】 1. The water _____ cool when I jumped into the pool for morning exercise. A. was felt B. is felt C. felt D. feels 2 ---You know the 2010 Word Cup tickets can ______ online. ---Yes, and I am sure they will _____ well. A. be booked, be sold B. book, be sold C. be booked, sell D. book, sell 3. As time went on, Einstein's theory _______to be correct. A. is proved B. proves C. was proved D. proved 4. It's true that most house plants require________regulary. A. to water B. watered C. watering D. being watered 5. The problem is difficult to _______. A. be solved B. solving C. solve D. have solved
1、知识小结： 2、方法小结： 3、表现小结：
1.I promise that the matter will______. A. be taken care B. be taken care of C. take care D. take care of 2. Do you believe there are aliens? –I ‘m afraid not. I don‘t think aliens ______ in space. A can find B can be found C can be founded D can‘t be found 3. Waste paper shouldn’t ______ everywhere. It’s our duty to keep our city clean. A be thrown B throw C is thrown D are thrown 4.---Excuse me, what time is it now? --- Sorry, my watch______. It____ at the shop. A. won’t work; is being repaired B. doesn’t work; is being repaired C. didn’t work; is repaired D.doesn’t work; is repaired 5. The oranges_______nice ,but________badly this year. A. are tasted; aren’t sold B.taste;sell C. are tasted; sell D. taste; are sold 6.In the last few years thousands of films________ all over the world. A．have produced B．have been produced C．are producing D．are being produced 7.The village where they lived for many years ______ by Typhoon Morakot and now there is nothing to be seen. A．was destroyed B．has been destroyed C．destroyed D．has destroyed 8. Look! A new school library__________ here. It is said that they hope to finish it next month.
A. will be built
B. is built
C. has been built
D. is being built
1.—A meeting ________ at 3 pm. next Tuesday. —Will you go there? A．has held B．has been held C．will be held D．will hold 2. —Why don't we choose that road to save time? —The bridge to it ________. A．has repaired B．is repaired C．is being repaired D．will be repaired 3.His sister left home in 1998，and ________ since. A．had not been heard of B．has not been heard of C．had not heard of D．has not heard of 4. —Can you see what is written on that board? —Yes.It ________ “CAUTION：WET FLOOR” ． A．reads B．is read C．writes D．is written 5. The TV series “The Gate of the Sea” ，which is adapted from a popular novel，________ in Taizhou in the early 1980s. A．was set B．is set C．has been set D．had been set 6. This kind of ball pen which ________ smoothly is quite popular with students. A．is written B．writing C．written D．writes 7. —What is that noise? —Oh，I forgot to tell you that the new machine ________. A．was tested B．will be tested C．is being tested D．has been tested 8. —Why don't you buy that shirt? —That kind of material ________ well. A.doesn't wash B．hasn't washed C．isn't washed D．can't be washed 9. —What's wrong with your leg? —It ________ in a car accident. A．has been hurt B．got hurt C．hurt D．hurts 10.—Do y