2012—2013 学年度第一学期月考（10 月）
第一部分 听力（共两小节，满分 20 分） 第一节 （共 5 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题
后所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选项， 并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。 每段对话仅读一遍。 1. What time will they go to the cinema? A. At 10:00. B. At 8:30 C. At 5:00. 2. What is in the suitcase? A. A towel. B. A blue bag. C. A red box. 3. How much money will the woman lend the man? A. $2,000. B. $1,200. C. $800. 4. Where is the woman living now？ A. In Canada. B. In the US. C. In England. 5. Who got a fever last night? A. The woman. B. The woman’s sister. C. The woman’s mother. 第二节 （共 15 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题后所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选 出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各个小题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听下面一段对话，回答第 6 和第 7 两个小题。 6. What did Susan do during the sports afternoon? A. She played football. B. She had horse-riding lessons. C. She played tennis. 7. Why didn’t Jane go skiing? A. She doesn’t like skiing. B. She was tired. C. They don’t do that on Fridays. 听下面一段对话，回答第 8 和第 9 两个小题。 8. What present did Mary give the man? A. A purple sweater. B. A Japanese camera. C. A brown jacket. 9. Who bought the man some purple socks? A. Linda. B. James. C. Thomas. 听下面一段对话，回答第 10 至 12 三个小题。 10. What’s the probable relationship between the speakers? A. Classmates. B. Customer and service representative. C. Colleagues(同事). 11. Why is the man moving to Shanghai? A. He has been offered a new job there. B. He wants to take care of his mother. C. He wants to earn more money.
12. How does the man plan to move his things? A. By truck. B. By rail. C. By air. 听下面一段对话，回答第 13 至 16 四个小题。 13. How long will the course run this year? A. Six weeks. B. Eight weeks. C. Seven weeks. 14. What was a problem last year? A. There was nothing to do on rainy days. B. Few people wanted to attend. C. There were not enough workers. 15. What will children do this year? A. Learn to take care of others. B. Take part in a talent show. C. Do sports such as rock climbing. 16. For which age group is the course designed? A. Children aged eight to thirteen. B. Teenagers over thirteen. C. Children under eight. 听下面一段对话，回答第 17 至 20 四个小题。 17. What do we learn about the Star Language School? A. Susan works there. B. The school offers free sandwiches. C. The school organizes trips on workdays. 18. Where is the computer room located? A. In the basement. B. On the second floor. C. On the first floor. 19. Which can’t be taken out of the library? A. DVDs. B. Grammar books. C. Newspapers. 20. Who might be the speaker? A. A staff member of the school. B. A student of the school. C. A parent of a student. 第二部分 英语知识运用（满分 35 分） 第一节 单项填空 （共 15 小题，每小题 1 分，共 15 分） 21. —Wouldn’t it be a wonderful world, if all nations live in peace with one another? —What _______ pleasure to live in _______ world! A. /, such a B. a, such C. /, such D. a, such a 22. Is it necessary for me to _______ the after-school courses? A. join B. attend C. take part in D. join in 23. Equipped with modern facilities, today’s libraries differ greatly from _______. A. the past B. the rest C. those of the past D. which of the past 24. —You should have thanked her before you left. —I meant _______, but when I was leaving I couldn’t find her anywhere. A. to do B. to C. doing D. doing it
25. Nobody would stand out admitting the fact, for some reason, _______ they lost the game. A. that B. which C. if D. why 26. _______ is a kind of important quality. With it you can harvest more friendship. A. Intelligence B. Bravery C. Honesty D. Friendliness 27. Too many private cars got out and traveled _______ high speed, causing a lot of traffic accidents on the highway during the holiday. A. to B. at C. for D. in 28. My boss _______ me while I was taking a shower. Then I was fired just for that reason. A. called B. have called C. had called D. was calling 29. It took _______ building supplies to construct these energy-saving houses. It took brains as well. A. less than B. other than C. rather than D. more than 30. _______ is our belief that improvements in health care will lead to a stronger, more prosperous economy. A. This B. That C. It D. As 31. —Michael is a friendly boy and does well in every subject. —_______. A. So does Leo B. So Leo is C. The same is with Leo D. Leo does, too 32. The squirrel was lucky that it just missed _____． A. catching B. to be caught C. being caught D. caught 33. _______ the big snake, the little girl stood under the tree, _______ out of her life. A. Seen, frightening B. Seeing, frightening C. To see, frightened D. Seeing, frightened 34. —I think he is taking an active part in social work. —I agree with you _______. A. in the way B. in a way C. by the way D. on the way 35. At a rough estimate, Nigeria is _______ Great Britain. A. three times the size as B. the size three times of C. three time as the size of D. three times the size of 第二节 完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 20 分） 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从 36－55 各题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 四个选项中，选出可以 填入空白处的最佳选项。 Years ago I gave a speech called “Powerful Phrases for Positive People.” These are very 36 but powerful phrases that we all like to 37 : “I’m proud of you.” “I believe 38 you.” “I trust you.” “I love you.” “You can do it.” 39 Thanksgiving Day approaching, we 40 all be focused（集中）on another one of these powerful phrases, in 41 : “I thank you.” We can never 42 out that phrase. It should always be 43 the tip of our 44 if we are truly grateful to others who help us each day and to 45 who has richly blessed（赐福） us with more wealth and freedom than any other countries in history. Despite all of God’s abundant （充裕的） blessings, we’re often too 46 to give thanks and too quick to complain. Maybe we’re so focused on ourselves and 47 with our lives that we forget to give thanks. Or maybe it’s because those of us in America have gotten used to our level of wealth and leisure which is beyond even the imagination of much of the world’s population.
We tend to 48 our blessings for granted, like the story about a homeowner who 49 a real-estate agent （房地产经纪人） to prepare an ad to 50 his home. The homeowner 51 the ad in the paper about his home’s many 52 features. He called the real-estate agent to say he no longer wished to sell the house. When 53 what changed his mind, the homeowner said, “After reading your ad, I 54 that I already live in the house I have 55 wanted to live in.” In this season of Thanksgiving in particular, it’s time to count our blessings and use that simple phrase, “I thank you.” 36. A. rare B. simple C. important D. hard 37. A. hear B. see C. know D. feel 38. A. from B. on C. in D. to 39. A. With B. As C. When D. Before 40. A. may B. can C. should D. must 41. A. special B. common C. particular D. especial 42. A. use B. wear C. try D. give 43. A. on B. in C. above D. below 44. A. memory B. finger C. mind D. tongue 45. A. friend B. God C. parent D. lover 46. A. willing B. immediate C. quick D. slow 47. A. spare B. satisfied C. busy D. free 48. A. believe B. think C. make D. take 49. A. allowed B. hired C. promised D. permitted 50. A. advertise B. decorate C. sell D. rent 51. A. wrote B. said C. watched D. read 52. A. attractive B. moving C. terrible D. memorable 53. A. asking B. asked C. questioned D. questioning 54. A. understood B. thought C. considered D. realized 55. A. always B. often C. sometimes D. seldom 第三部分 阅读理解 （共 15 小题，每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项中，选出最佳答案。
A I still remember the last time I went to the playground with two of my children. It had rained during the night and the playground was very muddy (泥泞的). They had just put on clean clothes, so I was a little worried about the mud on the playground. It was not long before Kathy got her beautiful skirt dirty on the playground. She dug through the rocks. I was about to blame (指责) her for getting her clothes dirty when she ran towards me with a smile on her face. When she got to me, she handed me a little heart-shaped rock and said, "Here, Mom! Here is a heart for you —just because I love you! Keep it!" With tears in my eyes, I thanked her. Should I blame her for getting her clothes muddy? No way! I still have that little heart-shaped rock. It is one of the best gifts that I have ever received. I realized that many times it was not necessary for us adults to worry about the small things our children did. Let them do what they’d like to. I will spend a lot more time on the playground with my children. I’m sure I will learn a lot from them. It makes me think of the days when my grandfather told me, "You would not enter the kingdom of happiness until you pretended (假装) to be a small child." 56. At first, the author wanted to blame Kathy because she __________. A. ran on the playground B. dug through rocks C. got her clothes dirty D. gave her a muddy rock 57. The author was deeply moved by her daughter’s _____.
A. digging task on the playground C. smile on her face when running A. allow kids to do whatever they like B. keep the presents given by children
B. love of the muddy playground D. special way to show her love
58. From Paragraph 2, we can learn that the author thought parents should _________.
C. not give too much care to their own children D. not worry about the small things their children do 59. The author’s grandfather’s words imply that _______. A. children may find happiness more easily in life B. children care more about happiness than adults C. adults can not share children’s happiness D. adults find it hard to know children’s happiness 60. The last paragraph mainly tells us _____________. A. the theme of the story B. the discussion on the story C. the author’s future life with her kids D. the author’s memory of her grandfather B Drinking green tea is known to be good for you. Some people suggest drinking 2-3 cups of it a day, and I would say at least one is highly advisable. As many people have already known, tea is filled with powerful antioxidants (抗氧化剂) that will help stop free radicals (自由基). Free radicals are harmful to our systems in that they can lead to cell (细胞) and DNA change, even cell death, and can lead to cancer. Green tea has been drunk throughout Thailand, China, India and Japan for centuries. It is known in these places that green tea can help improve digestion (消化) and mental clearness and lower one’s blood sugar. It can also help control bleeding, so that injuries can be cured more quickly. Some studies even suggest that drinking green tea on a regular basis can help a person lose weight. Green tea can help a person feel fuller throughout the day with its pleasant smell and taste, and just taking the time to smell it can help ease (减轻) one’s hunger. In short, both studies of green tea and its history show that it is a great thing to drink for your health. 61. Which of the following can cause DNA change and even cell death? A. Cell change. C. Free radicals. B. Blood sugar. D. Antioxidants.
62. According to Paragraph 3, drinking green tea has all the following effects EXCEPT ______________. A. being good for digestion B. curing high blood pressure C. improving mental clearness D. helping stop bleeding
63. How can drinking green tea help one lose weight? A. By making one feel less hungry. B. There is no fat in green tea. C. By burning one’s energy. D. By making one stop wanting to drink. 64. From the passage we learn that _______. A. a cup of tea a day keeps the doctor away B. tea is popular in Asian countries C. the more tea we drink, the more weight we lose D. green tea is healthier than other kinds of tea 65. The purpose of the passage is to tell us ____________. A. how to stay healthy B. what kind of tea one should drink C. green tea helps one stay slim D. drinking green tea is healthy C
Without proper planning, tourism can cause problems. For example, too many tourists can crowd public places that are also enjoyed by the inhabitants of a country. If tourists create too much traffic, the inhabitants become annoyed and unhappy. They begin to dislike tourists and to treat them impolitely. They forget how much tourism can help the country's economy. It is important to think about the people of a destination country and how tourism affects them. Tourism should help a country, keep the customs and beauty that attract tourists. Tourism should also advance the wealth and happiness of local inhabitants. Too much tourism can be a problem. If tourism grows too quickly, people must leave other jobs to work in the tourism industry. This means that other parts of the country's economy can suffer. On the other hand, if there is not enough tourism, people can lose jobs. Businesses can also lose money. It costs a great deal of money to build large hotels, airports, air terminals, first-class roads, and other support facilities（配套设施）needed by tourist attractions. For example, a major international class tourism hotel can cost as much as 50 thousand dollars per room to build．If this room is not used most of the time, the owners of the hotel lose money. Building a hotel is just a beginning. There must be many support facilities as well, including roads to get to the hotel, electricity, sewers to handle waste and water. All of these support facilities cost money. If they are not used because there are not enough tourists, jobs and money are lost. 66. Which of the following do you think has been discussed in the part before this selection? A．It is extremely important to develop tourism. B．Building roads and hotels is essential. C．Support facilities are highly necessary. D．Planning is of great importance to tourism. 67. The underlined word "inhabitants" (in Paragraph 1) probably means_______ . A．tourists B．passengers C．population D．citizens 68. Too much tourism can cause all these problems EXCEPT ________ . A．a bad effect on other industries
B．a change of tourists' customs C．over-crowdedness of places of interest D．pressure on traffic 69. It can be inferred from the text that ________ . A．the author doesn't like tourism developing so fast B．local people will benefit from tourist attraction C．other parts of a country's economy won't benefit from tourism much D．we can't build too many support facilities 70. The author thinks it is good for local people to know that tourism will ________ . A．waste a lot of money B．weaken their economy C．help establish their customs D．help improve their life
2012—2013 学年度第一学期月考（10 月）
36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70
第四部分 写作（共两节，满分 15 分） 第一节 单句改错 （共 5 小题，每小题 1 分，共 5 分） 请在错词下划线(___)，将正确答案写在线下；请将多余的词直接划掉(\)；请在缺词处填漏字符号 (/\)，将所缺的词写在下面。 66. When it comes to politics, I really don’t like their attitude about diplomatic policies. 67. In this situation, I would rather lose the chance to go abroad than to give in to them. 68. Yesterday she sold her car, that she bought a month ago. 69. Could you please provide a bit of more room for us to store food? 70. As a result the heavy snow, many plants died from the cold. 第二节 书面表达 （每空 0.5 分，满分 10 分） 71. 这本书以独特的写作风格在很多人心中留下了深刻的印象。 The book __________ a lot of people __________ its special writing style. 72. 你只能怪自己，换句话说，你得不到任何人的同情。 You have nobody but yourself to blame, and, __________ __________ __________, you’ll get no sympathy from anybody. 73. 一句话， 实践远比书本知识重要。 __________ __________, practice is far more important than book knowledge. 74. 我们一直盼望的那个体育明星终于来了。 The sports star we have been __________ __________ __________ came at last. 75. 渴的时候什么东西也比不上一杯凉水。 There is __________ __________ a cold drink of water when one is thirsty. 76. 在你们离开实验室之前，要确保拉下电闸，关上窗户。 Before you leave the lab, __________ __________ the electricity is turned off and the windows are shut. 77. 棒球运动很受美国人的欢迎。 Baseball is very __________ __________ Americans. 78. 你是否愿意做这份工作由你自己决定。 It is __________ __________ you to decide whether you would like to do the job. 79. 他许诺按时供给我们原料。
He promised to __________ us __________ materials on time.
2012—2013 学年度第一学期月考（10 月）
听力（20 分） 1-5 CACBB 6-10 ABCBC 单项填空 （15 分） 21-25 DBCBA 26-30 DBADC 完型填空（20 分） 36-40 BACAC 41-45 CBADB 阅读理解 （30 分）
56-60 CDDAA 61-65 CBABD
单句改错（5 分） 71. about 改为 to 或 towards 73. that 改为 which 75. result 后加 of 完成句子（10 分） 71. impressed with 74. looking forward to 77. popular with/among
72. 去掉 than 后的 to 74. 去掉 of
72. in other words 75. nothing like 78. up to
73. In short 76. make sure 79. supply/provide, with