NCE Two Lesson 23-35
1. He ran________ (so\such) quickly that I couldn’
t catch him. 2. He is__________ (so\such) a lazy that he never does anything. 3. I__________ (not see) him since 1995. 4. I called__________ (on\at) you five times yesterday. Were you out? 5. I called__________ (on\at) the post office on my way to work. 6. Have you________ (past\passed) your driving test? 7. He is a very__________ (experience\experienced) doctor? 8. I am looking for a new__________ (work\job). 9. The only games__________ (which\who) I play are football. 10. He is a writer__________ (who\whose) books are interesting. 11. I like staying at__________ (house\home) during the weekend. 12. __________ (It is\There is) some at the door. 13. The police__________ (is\are) looking for them. 14. Everybody__________ (believe\believes) that he will win. 15. When I__________ (grow\grow up), I will be a pilot. 三、翻译下列句子(20 分)。 1. He saw two thieves rush out of a shop and ran towards a waiting car. ______________________________________________________ 2. On arriving at the shore, the girl struggled up the cliff towards the light she had seen. ______________________________________________________ 3. When she woke up a day later, she found herself in hospital. ______________________________________________________ 4. 一听到这个好消息，她就笑了。
1. 听并完成下列空白(15 分)。 I (1)________ a letter from my sister yesterday. She (2)________ in Nigeria. In her letter, she (3)________ that she (4)________ come to England next year. If she (5)________, she (6)________ a surprise. We
are now (7)________ in a beautiful new house in the country. Work on it (8)________ before my sister (9)________. The house (10)________ five months ago. In my letter, I (11)________ her that she (12)________ with us. The house (13)________ many large rooms and there (14)________ a lovely garden. It is a very (15)________ house, so it looks strange to some people. 2. 听录音然后完成下列空白(15 分)。 Dan Robinson has been (1)________ all week. Last Tuesday he (2)________ a letter from the(3)________ police. In the letter he was asked to call at the (4)________. Dan(5)________ why he was wanted by the police, but he went to the station (6)________ and now he is not worried (7)________. At the station, he was told by a (8)________ policeman that his (9)________ had been found. Five days ago, the policeman told him the bicycle was (10)________ up in a small village four hundred miles (11)________. It is now being (12)________ to his home by train. Dan was (13)________ surprised when he heard the news. He was (14)________, too, because he never expected the bicycle to be found. It was (15)________ twenty years ago when Dan was a boy of
封 不 得
______________________________________________________ 5. People are not so honest as they once were. ______________________________________________________ 6. 我过去常常乘坐公共汽车去上班。 _______________________________________________________ 7. He saved money for years and in 1958vhe bought a small bookshop of his own. ______________________________________________________ 8. Some children were playing games on the bank. ______________________________________________________ 9. This wonderful plane can carry seven passengers. ______________________________________________________ 10. 去年我去国外了。 ______________________________________________________ 11. This is the money that I lost. ______________________________________________________ 12. When he returns home at night, he always finds that someone has parked a car outside his gate. _____________________________________________________ 13. Up till now I have been to New York three times. _____________________________________________________ 14. 昨天我买了这件外套。 _____________________________________________________ 15. The tent was full of water. ____________________________________________________ 16. Both he and I teach English. ( ( ( ( ( ( (
_____________________________________________________ 17. You must not only wash the dishes but sweep the floor as well. _____________________________________________________ 18. 他或是踢足球或是打篮球。 _____________________________________________________ 19. He speaks neither English nor French. _____________________________________________________ 20. Either you or I must tell him. ___________________________________________________
) 1. There__________ an English evening tomorrow. A will have A with A coming A takes A will B will has B of B come B taken B will be C in C comes C take C will be D for D would come D taking D is ) 2. The room is full__________ people. ) 3. Could you tell me if you__________ here tomorrow? ) 4. It__________ me about 4 hours to go school on foot. ) 5. If you don’t hurry, you__________ late for school. C are going to be D shall be ) 6. These windows__________ regularly. A should clean B should be clean D should cleaning B watching D to watch C should be cleaned A watched C was watching
封 线 内 不 得 答 题
) 7. When I__________ TV, the telephone rang.
) 8. A friend of mine__________ Beijing yesterday. A getting to B got to C get to D gets to 4 ) 9. I am__________ in his__________ idea. A interested, interesting B interesting, interested D interesting, interest C say C not to play D doesn’t D goes D goes D says D paly C interested, interest
Mother’s Day is on the second Sunday of May. It’s a day to mothers. On that day mothers usually receive flowers and . cards from their children. Fathers and children do the housework so that mothers can have a 5 Easter Day falls on the first Sunday after the full moon which on or after March 21st. It is called Easter Sunday. It is said that on that day Jesus Christ comes back to 6 children often get 7 . Many people go to church and such as toy rabbits.
) 10. He left the room without__________ anything. A saying B to say B palying B won’t B go B go B to live A ) 11. You’d better__________ football in the street. A not paly ) 12. I’ll go out for a walk this evening if it__________ rain. A didn’t C isn’t C to go C to go ) 13. I’d like__________ for a walk after supper. A going ) 14. I feel like__________ for a walk after supper. A going ) 15. The Browns enjoy__________ in China now. A live C living D lives
Thanks-giving Day is on the fourth Thursday in November. It’s a day when people give thanks for the good things in life. Usually families all get 8 and have a big dinner. 25th. It’s the most important everywhere. Christmas Day comes on 9
答 封 不 得
festival in a year. The beautiful things can be 10 B
makes water still careful enjoying when
People exchange gifts, send Christmas cards and visit friends.
nothing died most yourself
Swimming is very popular in summer. People like swimming in summer because water 1________ people feel cool. If you like swimming and swim in a wrong place, it may not be safe(安全的). Last summer, more than ten people died 2________ they were 3_________ April Fool’s Day is on April 1st. People can play 1 others on this special 2 say, “April Fool” The person who has been fooled by you 3 too, and he will never be angry with you. on , themselves in the water, and 4________ of them were students. But some people are 5_______ not careful in swimming. They often think they swim so well that 6_______ can happen to them in water. Summer is here again, if you go swimming in summer, don’t forget that better . If you succeed, you usually laugh and
presents together day December jokes
swimmers have died in 7________. They 8________ only because they were not 9________, not because they could not swim. So don’t get into water when you go swimming 10________, go with your teachers or your parents. If there are “No Swimming” sign, don’t get into water, either. If you remember these, swimming will be safer.
A. very long C. about work
B. in colour D. very sad
3. Why do some people often dream about their work? A. Because they are tired in the daytime. B. Because they are not interested in their work. C. Because they may be thinking about their work all day. D. Because they have too much work to do. 4. The main idea of the story is that ____. A. what dream is B. people like to sleep C. dreams are like films D. we always remember dreams 5. What is the best title of this passage? A. Memory B. Thoughts C. Sleep B Most people have flown a kite or have seen one ride and dip(下降) in strong spring wind. Not so many people know that kites were first made in China thousands of years ago. The ancient (古代的) Chinese
A "Dreams may be more important than sleep. We all need to dream," some scientists(科学家) say. Dreams take up（占据） about one quarter of our sleeping time. People have several dreams each night. Dreams are like short films. They are usually in colour. Some dreams are like old films. They come to us over and over again. That may be because the dreamer is worrying about something. Dreaming may be a way of trying to find an answer. Some people get new ideas about their work from dreams. They may have been thinking about their work all day. These thoughts(想法) can carry over（携入） into dreams. Sometimes we wake up with a good feeling from a dream. But often we can't remember the dream. Dreams can disappear (消失) quickly from memory (记忆). Too much dreaming can be harmful (有害的). The more we sleep, the longer we dream. The mind is hard at work when we dream. That is why we may have a long sleep and still wake up tired. 1. It may be less important to sleep than to__. A. think B. dream C. work D. study 2. Dreams and films are usually ____.
封 线 内
不 得 答
were making and flying kites even before they were writing. A long time ago, the Chinese made kites to use in wars(战争). They would fly these war kites in the dark. The kites were fixed (固定) so that they made strange sounds. Men who were at war with them would hear these sounds and run away. They thought those strange sounds were made by gods(神) in the sky. The ancient Chinese also flew kites to bring good luck and to make their crops（农作物） grow rich and tall. Sometimes they tied(系) long
strings (细绳) and hooks (钩) to their kites. Then they would fly the kites over water, letting the hooks hang down to catch fish. The Chinese use sticks 树枝） strings 线）and paper for their kites. （ , （ Some of these kites look like animals or trees. Others look like birds or
up(创建) in the 1960s. At that time, computers were large and expensive. Computer networks (网络) didn't work well. If one computer in the network broke down(坏掉), then the whole network stopped. So a new network system (系统) had to be set up. It should be good enough to be used by many different computers. If part of the network was not working, information （信息） could be sent through(通过) another part. In this way, computer network system would keep on working all the time. At first the Internet was only used by the government (政府), but in the early 1970s, universities (大学), hospitals and banks were allowed to use it, too. However, computers were still very expensive and the Internet was difficult to use. At the beginning of the 1990s, computers became cheaper and easier to use. Scientists had also developed(开发) software (软件) that made "surfing" (浏览) the Internet more convenient (方便). Today it is easy to get on-line (上网) and it is said that millions of people use the Internet every day. Sending e-mail (电子邮件) is more and more popular among students. The Internet has now become one of the most important parts of people's life. 11. The Internet has a history of more than ___ years. A. sixty B. ten C. thirty D. twenty 12. A new network system was set up to ____. A. make computers cheaper B. make itself keep on working all the time C. break down the whole network D. make computers large and expensive 13. At first the Internet was only used by ______.
houses. 6. The main idea of the first paragraph（段落) is that A. kites were first made in China B. most of us have flown or seen a kite
C. the ancient Chinese were making kites before they were writing D. the ancient Chinese were good at making kites 7. In ancient China kites could be used for ___. A. catching fish C. watering the crops A. could bring good luck B. helping people fly D. helping people walk in the dark B. looked like animals
封 不 得 内 线 封 密 密
8. The ancient Chinese used kites in wars because the kites ____. C. could help them win a war D. could fly high 9. The Chinese usually use ____ for their kites. A. sticks, strings and grass B. strings, hair and wood C. paper, strings and sticks D. paper, ropes and hooks 10. What is the best title (题目) of this passage? A. Lucky Kites. C. Beautiful Kites. B. Strange Kites. D. Chinese Kites.
C We are all busy talking about and using the Internet (因特网), but how many of us know the history of the Internet? Many people are surprised when they find that the Internet was set
A. the government C. hospitals and banks A. Computers
B. universities D. schools C. Software D. Information
17. The underlined word "they" in the second paragraph refers to(指的是) ______. A. villages B. animals C. cities D. people 18. When factories were built, ___. A. more people live near the factories B. people began to live in the factories C. many people began to work in villages D. many machines appeared in big factories 19. We can learn from the text that ___. A. people like to work only in big cities B. some people don't like to live in big cities C. there will be no small towns in the future(将来) D. it is better to live in cities than in villages 20. In what order did people do the following things? A. Worked in villages C. Learned to grow food. A. d, b, a, e, c C. c, e, a, d, b B. Lived near the factories. D. Built factories.
14. ______ made "surfing" the Internet more convenient. B. Scientists 15. Which of the following is true? A. In the 1960s, computer networks worked well. B. In the early 1970s, the Internet was easy to use. C. Sending e-mail is now more popular among students than before. D. Today it's still not easy to get on-line. D Long, long ago there were only a few thousand people in the world. These people move form place to place over the land, hunting animals for food. No one knows how or when these people learned about growing food. But when they did, their lives changed. They did not have to look for food any more. They could stay in one place and grow it. People began to live near one another. And so the first village grew. Many people came to work in the villages. These villages grew very big. When machines(机器) appeared(出现), life in the villages changed again. Factories were built. More and more people lived near the factories. The cities grew very big. Today some people are moving back to small towns. Can you tell why? 16. The best title(题目)of the text should be ___. A. Cities or Villages C. How Cities Grew B. Back to Towns D. People and Animals
封 线 内 不 得
E. Began to live near each other. B. e, a, c, d, b, D. a. c. d. e. b
请以“My Life”为题写一篇作文，要求:词数 60 左右。用以下 提示内容，并适当发挥。 提示: 1. 饮食习惯现在很健康，以前不爱吃蔬菜，现在爱吃蔬菜 和水果。 2. 一周做三次或四次运动。 3. 早睡早起。