2012 年佛山市普通高中高三教学质量检测（二） 年佛山市普通高中高三教学质量检测（
本试卷共 11 页，满分 135 分，考试时间 120 分钟 1、答卷前，考生务必用黑色字迹的钢笔或签字笔将自己的姓名和考号填写在答题卡 上．用 2B 铅笔将答题卡试卷类型（
A）填涂在答题卡上，并在答题卡右上角的“试室号” 和“座位号”栏填写试室号、座位号，将相应的试室号、座位号信息点涂黑。 2、选择题每小题选出答案后，用 2B 铅笔把答题卡上对应题目的答案标号涂黑，如需 改动，用橡皮擦干净后，再选涂其他答案，答案答在试题卷上无效。 3、非选择题必须用黑色字迹的钢笔或签字笔作答，答案必须写在答卷上各题目指定 区域内相应位置上；如需改动，先划掉原来的答案，然后再写上新的答案；不准使用铅笔 和涂改液．不按以上要求作答的答案无效。 4、考试结束后，将答卷和答题卡一并交回。
语言知识及应用（共两节， 语言知识及应用（共两节，满分 45 分）
完形填空（ 小题； 第一节 完形填空（共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从 1~15 各题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 项中，选出最
佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 Every summer, hundreds of thousands of students travel to other countries looking for work and adventure. Most of the opportunities are in 1 work. The pay is usually poor, but most people work 2 for the thrill of travel. You can pick grapes in France, entertain kids on American summer camps, and, of course, there are always 3 in hotels and restaurants. But it is not as easy as it used to be to find work. Unless you speak the language of the country well, there will be very 4 openings. For example, when you arrive to wash dishes in a restaurant in Paris, the owner will 5 you to speak French. British students only have a language 6 for jobs in the USA and Australia. Not every one 7 the experience. Sarah James was once responsible for forty American children in Europe. During the 8 , one child lost his passport; four children were lost in Madrid for a whole day; the whole group was thrown out of one hotel because of the 9 they made. Sarah says, “It really was a 24-hour-a-day job since the kids never 10 ! And the pay was awful. It wasn’t worth it.” The trouble is that 11 expect to have an easy time of it. After all, they see it as a 12 . In practice, though, they have to work hard. At the same time, all vacation work is casual work, and jobs are 13 only when the hotel, the restaurant, or the campsite is busy. But students have few employment 14 . As soon as the holiday season finishes, companies will get rid of them. And if their employer doesn’t like them, they’ll be 15 , too.
英语试题 第 1 页 共 14 页
1. A. seasonal 2. A. hard 3. A. customers 4. A. good 5. A. teach 6. A. program 7. A. has 8. A. trip 9. A. promise 10. A. cried 11. A. children 12. A. job 13. A. countless 14. A. experiences 15. A. dismissed
B. mental B. voluntarily B. visitors B. new B. expect B. lesson B. enjoys B. flight B. progress B. studied B. students B. lesson B. available B. rules B. charged
C. professional C. abroad C. jobs C. attractive C. allow C. advantage C. forgets C. discussion C. complaint C. slept C. employers C. holiday C. interesting C. plans C. fined
D. formal D. continuously D. parties D. few D. forbid D. exam D. remembers D. ceremony D. noise D. helped D. parents D. shame D. boring D. rights D. punished
语法填空（ 小题; 第二节 语法填空（共 10 小题 每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分） 阅读下面短文，按照句子结构的语法性和上下文连贯的要求，在空格处填入一个适 当的词或使用括号中词语的正确形式填空，并将答案填写在答题卷标号为 16~25 的相应 位置上。 The International Red Cross and Red Crescent(弯月) Museum was opened in Geneva in 1988. 16 tells the story of men and women who, in the course of the major events of 17 victims of wars and natural disasters.
the last 150 years, have given assistance The organization 18
(found) in 1863, and was based on an idea by a Swiss 19 (die) and wounds at
businessman called Henry Dunant. He had witnessed too many the Battle of Solferino in Italy four years 20
(early), in which 40,000 people were
killed, wounded or missing. He had seen the lack of medical services and the great suffering of many of the wounded, Cross/Red Crescent exists their nationality. 23 symbol of the organization was originally just the red cross. It has no religious 24 the movement adopted it in honor of Switzerland. 25 21 22 simply died from lack of care. The International Red (help) the victims of conflicts and disasters regardless of
significance; the founders
However, the original symbol, the red cross, could hurt Muslim soldiers’ feelings, a second symbol, the red crescent, was used. Both are now official symbols.
英语试题 第 2 页 共 14 页
II 阅读（共两节，满分 50 分） 阅读（共两节，
阅读理解（ 小题； 第一节 阅读理解（共 20 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 40 分） 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 项中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上 将该项涂黑。 A Kelly Reeves was getting ready for a trip when her phone slipped into a sink full of water. Panic moment! She quickly picked up the wet phone and tried to turn it on, but nothing worked. Her first reaction? She got dressed, drove to the nearest store, and bought a new model at full price. A new study finds that fear of losing your phone is a common illness. About 66 percent of those surveyed suffer from nomophobia or “no mobile phone phobia”. Interestingly, more women worry about losing their phone than men. Fortunately, there’s a solution. The first step is to figure out if you have nomophobia. Checking your phone too often is one thing, but the true sign of a problem is that you can’t conduct business or go about your routine when the fear becomes so severe. Do you go to unusual lengths to make sure you have your phone? That’s another sign of a problem. If you find you check your phone plenty of times per hour, or a total of an hour per day, there may be a problem. Some of the treatments are similar to those for treating anxiety attacks: Leaving the phone behind and not checking e-mail or text messages, and then learning to tolerate the after anxiety. Even if this leads to a high level of worry and stress, the solution is to push through the fear and learn to deal with not having your phone. Of course, there are also technological alternatives. Luis Levy, a co-founder at Novy PR, says he uses an application called Cerberus that can automatically track the location of his phone. To find it, he can just go to a Web site and see the phone’s location. He also insures his phone through a service called Asurion. The company’s description of its product reads like a prescription for anxiety: “60 million phones are lost, stolen or damaged each year. You’ll have complete peace of mind knowing that your phone is protected and you can quickly reconnect with family, friends and work, as soon as the very next day!” 26. Why does the author mention Kelly’s experience in the first paragraph? A. To introduce the topic for discussion. B. To inform us that mobile phones are useful. C. To warn us that we should be careful. D. To tell us we should get phones ready for a trip.
英语试题 第 3 页 共 14 页
27. The underlined word “nomophobia” in Paragraph 2 means ________. A. Habits of using mobile phones. B. Fear of losing mobile phones. C. Eagerness for new mobile phones. D. Independence of mobile phones. 28. Which of the following is a way to treat nomophobia? A. Avoiding using phone for some time B. Learning more about modern technology. C. Protecting one’s phone against any damage. D. Not using a mobile phone in one’s daily work. 29. Why can the service called Asurion help to treat nomophobia? A. It lets you know other people also lose their phones. B. It will give you a new phone through insurance. C. It enables you to reconnect with your acquaintance. D. It gives you a prescription to treat nomophobia. 30. What is the passage mainly about? A. Attitude toward mobile phone. B. New mobile phone technology. C. Disadvantages of mobile phone. D. Solutions to nomophobia B Carbon monoxide(一氧化碳) poisoning kills and injures many people and animals around the world. The gas has been a problem since people first began burning fuels to cook food or to create heat. It is a problem in all parts of the world that experience cold weather. Carbon monoxide is called the silent killer because people do not know it is in the air. The gas has no color. It has no taste. It has no smell. It does not cause burning eyes. And it does not cause people to cough. But it is very deadly. It robs the body of its ability to use oxygen. Carbon monoxide decreases the ability of the blood to carry oxygen to body tissues. It does this by linking with the blood. When the gas links with the blood, the blood is no longer able to carry oxygen to the tissues that need it. Damage to the body can begin very quickly from large amounts of carbon monoxide. How quickly this happens depends on the length of time a person is breathing the gas and the amount of the gas he or she breathes in. Carbon monoxide poisoning has warning signs. But people have to be awake to recognize them. Small amounts of the gas will cause a person’s head to hurt. He or she may
英语试题 第 4 页 共 14 页
begin to feel tired. The person may feel sick. The room may appear to be turning around. The person may have trouble thinking clearly. People develop severe head pain as the amount of gas continues to enter their blood. They will begin to feel very tired and sleepy. They may have terrible stomach pains. Medical experts say carbon monoxide affects people differently. For example, a small child will experience health problems or die much quicker than an adult will. The general health of the person or his or her age can also be important. An older adult with health problems may suffer the effects of carbon monoxide more quickly than a younger person with no health problems. People with heart disease may suffer chest pains. They may begin to have trouble breathing. 31. Why is carbon monoxide called the silent killer? A. Because it tastes and smells good. B. Because it is not easily noticed. C. Because it kills and injures people. D. Because it always harm people. 32. How does carbon monoxide harm people? A. It makes people’s blood unable to move. B. It decreases the amount of blood in the body. C. It makes body tissues full of blood. D. It makes the blood less able to carry oxygen. 33. When people breathe in small amounts of the gas, they may ________. A. feel a little dizzy B. suffer a severe headache C. go around in the room D. have a terrible stomachache 34. Which of the following about carbon monoxide poisoning is true? A. Adults are affected more seriously than children. B. Young people are more severely affected than old people. C. People in poor health may have more severe consequences. D. People with heart problem only suffer from chest pains. 35. The purpose of the passage is to ________. A. warn people not to burn fuels to keep warm in the winter B. list the damages that carbon monoxide brings to people C. give advice on how to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning D. introduce some knowledge about carbon monoxide poisoning
英语试题 第 5 页 共 14 页
C My wife Julie and I were out on the road that runs around where we live. Two dog walkers passed by and we heard one of them say, “Never seen that dog around here before.” We looked down the hill and saw an old black dog stumbling(蹒跚) painfully up the hill. We bent down, talked gently to the dog and patted it. I checked and there was a collar. There was a phone number on the collar, but no one answered. The dog was painfully thin. It didn’t have many teeth left and, well, it just seemed done. Julie ran home to get some of our dog’s food while I tried to encourage the dog to come along with me. Julie got home and back again when I was only half way there. So, we sat down on the sidewalk while our new friend made short work of the food. Eventually we got her home. We gave her a blanket, more food, kept her warm and wondered what to do next. After trying for many times we got a response from the number. A lady came around with a bunch of flowers for us. She explained that Tara had been her father’s dog. She was very old and should probably be put to sleep, but the lady just couldn’t bring herself to do it. So, Tara was safely returned home. Here is the truth of the story: Actually Julie and I were out that morning because I was leaving. She was trying to persuade me to come back, but I wasn’t hearing anything that made that sound likely. I was about to turn and go when an old, worn out dog walked between us and collapsed. Suddenly we had something more important than our problem to worry about. There was a creature in need right before us and we had to work together to help it. We did help it. And here am I writing the story in my own home, in my own family. In the song “Love Is Not a Fight” Warren Barfield talks about marriage. At one point he sings, “And if we try to leave, may God send angels to guard the door.” Sometimes angels come disguised (伪装) as dogs. 36. Which of the following statements is true? A. The two dog walkers didn’t like the dog. B. The old black dog was sick and weak and couldn’t walk. C. After finding the dog, the writer phoned its owners. D. Most of the dog’s teeth had been pulled out by someone. 37. We can infer from Paragraph 4 that ________. A. Julie bought some food for the dog B. the writer had his own pet dog C. the dog didn’t go with the writer D. the dog didn’t eat any of the food
英语试题 第 6 页 共 14 页
38. After they got the dog home, the couple ________. A. decided to raise the dog B. took good care of the dog C. found out that its owner was a lady D. found it hard to get to sleep 39. The underlined part “our problem” in the passage refers to the fact that ________. A. the writer didn’t want to take Julie’s advice B. Julie disagreed with the writer’s travel on business C. an old and worn out dog appeared in front of them D. the couple had some trouble with their marriage 40. Which of the following is the best title for the passage? A. A Helpful Couple . B. An Angel Dog. C. Saving the Dog. D. A Famous Song. D Do you know what Fear and Faith have in common? Fear believes in a negative future. Faith believes in a positive future. Both believe in something that has not yet happened. So I ask you, if neither the positive nor negative future has happened yet then why not choose to believe in the positive future? I believe during these challenging times we have a choice between two roads: the positive road and the negative road. And our bus can’t be on two roads at the same time. So we have to make a choice and this choice determines our belief about the future and the attitude and actions we bring to the present. I’m not saying we shouldn’t have any fear. There are times when fear is a gift. A healthy dose(剂量) of fear causes us to examine our situation and plan for the future. It moves us to smell the cheese and expect change. When used wisely it allows us to manage risk and make better decisions. Some fear is good. However, what I have observed lately is a supersized, huge dose of fear that is spreading the hearts and minds of far too many people. This oversized fear is causing leaders and their organizations to either act unreasonably or to not act at all. They are either hurrying in a million different directions because of fear. In both cases, fear is leading them to take the negative road to failure. The answer is the positive road paved (铺满) with faith and a belief that your best days are not behind you but ahead of you. With this belief you make the right choices and actions today that will create your positive future tomorrow. You stay calm, focused and committed to
英语试题 第 7 页 共 14 页
your purpose. You look for ways to save money and cut costs without making unreasonable fear-based decisions that sacrifice your future success. You identify opportunities in the midst of the challenges and you focus on solutions instead of problems. Your faith and belief in a positive future leads to powerful actions today. The future has not happened yet and you have a say in what it looks like by the way you think and act. Fear or Faith. The choice is yours. 41. According to the passage, we can know that ________. A. Fear and Faith have nothing in common B. both Fear and Faith trust something in the future C. neither negative nor positive future will happen D. people usually choose to believe in the positive future 42. What does the writer mean by saying “our bus can’t be on two roads”? A. We usually choose the negative road B. We should choose the positive road C. We must choose either a positive or negative road D. Our belief about the future depends on our choice 43. Which of the following about “Fear” is true? A. We should have fear because it is a gift. B. Reasonable fear helps to plan for future. C. Fear can bring cheese and risk to people. D. Leaders usually have oversized fear. 44. If we have faith in future, we will ________. A. have the best days ahead of us B. be committed to saving money C. stay away from any challenges D. take powerful actions today 45. What does the writer intend to tell us in the passage? A. Fear is closely related to faith. B. Life is full of fear and faith. C. We should have faith in a positive future. D. Wrong decisions sacrifice our future success. 信息匹配（ 小题； 第二节 信息匹配（共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 阅读下列应用文及相关信息，并按照要求匹配信息。请将答案填涂在答题卡标号为 46~50 的相应位置上。
英语试题 第 8 页 共 14 页
首先，请阅读以下手机游戏介绍： Angry Poo Game Are you looking for a free game with amazing graphics, 100’s of A levels, and completely original? Well then, Angry Poo may not be for you! This is a free game that might make you laugh for a few minutes. Laugh your head off at the hilarious sound effects. Bingo The classic bingo game with balls drawn from a basket, a B lightboard showing the balls drawn to date and three cards on which you mark your squares as the numbers are drawn. It may not be the prettiest bingo game you can play, but it is the most functional! Country Guess A simple game where you are given hints about a country’s name C and you have to guess what the country is. Test you geography skills. It’s a wonderful game that helps your learning of geography and entertains you at the same time while you’re playing. Crazy Taxi You’re a crazy cabbie racing against the clock! Swerve to avoid D other cars…or just jump right over them! You must get to the checkpoint no matter what! It’s designed for the lovers of cars, and it also helps you develop driving skills too! Attack of the Flying Goats In this Adventure Game your mountain town is being attacked by E a seemingly endless number of Flying Goats sticking their tongues out and wagging them at everyone! You've been recruited to take on the adventure of holding these creatures back at all costs. Developer Rescue The year is 2020. Apple Inc has finally decided to kidnapping the F lead jailbreak developers they have hated for so many years. Upon learning of Apple’s plans you decide to rescue the developers before Apple can succeed in kidnapping them. 请阅读以下人员信息，然后匹配人员与相关游戏： 46. Frank wishes to get a game for his new Apple phone. He loves to play those kinds of games in which his role is a pilot, a brave soldiers or a tough man of other kinds who fight to rescue people in trouble.
英语试题 第 9 页 共 14 页
47. Charlie wants to download a game with different levels of difficulty for his mobile phone. He wants it for free and hopes that it will bring him lots of laughter. Of course, he wishes it would have wonderful visual and sound effect. 48. Eddie is a young man with sporting blood. He likes to do things that can bring him challenges and adventures. So when it comes to mobile phones games, he definitely wants to get one adventure games for his phone. 49. For Brad Green, no games can attract him more than those related to cars. Now he would love to download a car racing games for his new phone. And of course, he wishes to get one that can help to improve his driving skills at the same time. 50. Tony loves to play games with his new cell phone. It seems that nothing can prevent him from playing those games, his father Mr. Greg has got a new idea instead. He wants to find a game that could help with Tony’s knowledge of geography.
III 写作 写作（共两节，满分 40 分）
基础写作（ 小题， 第一节 基础写作（共 1 小题，满分 15 分） 你所在的研究性学习小组对“中学生的健康状况”进行了一次调查，主要内容如下。 现状： 现状： 身体素质逐年下降 肥胖人数增多 原因： 原因： 学习紧张，体育锻炼少 较少参加家务等体力劳动 饮食不均衡 专家建议： 专家建议： 少上网聊天，保证睡眠 每天运动一小时 多吃蔬菜水果，不吃垃圾食品
[写作内容] 写作内容] 请根据以上信息写一篇英语短文，在英文校报上投稿。内容包括： 学生的健康现状、原因及专家建议。 学生的健康现状、原因及专家建议。 [写作要求] 写作要求] 1. 只能使用 5 个句子表达全部内容； 2. 作文中不能出现真实姓名和学校名称； 3. 短文的开头已给出，不计在 5 个句子中。 [评分标准] 评分标准] 句子结构准确，信息内容完整，篇章结构连贯。
英语试题 第 10 页 共 14 页
第二节 读写任务 (共 1 小题，满分 25 分) 共 小题， 阅读下面的短文，然后按照要求写一篇 150 词左右的英语短文。 Young children are longing to the Chinese Spring Festival because they can get “lucky money” (money given to children as a lunar New Year gift) from their parents and relatives. Well, the parents are not as happy as the children because they have to send out lucky money and figure out how to deal with their children’s lucky money. A 14-year old boy wrote a post on the internet to object that his dad took away his lucky money. He thought he was old enough to take care of his lucky money and made a plan to buy stationary, spend summer vacation and pay for the parties with his classmates. His dad and mom earn about 6000 yuan per month together. During every Spring Festival, they have to take out more than 4000 yuan to give lucky money to their relatives and friends’ kids. Thus, his dad believed that his son should contribute his lucky money to his family. Why? He tried to teach his son to care about his family and learn that it is difficult to make money to support a family. As a result, the dad and the son quarreled. Then the son wrote on the internet to oppose his dad.
1. 以约 30 词概括上文的主要内容； 2. 以约 120 词就“父母是否应该掌管压岁钱”进行讨论，并包括以下要点： （1）你是如何处理压岁钱的？ （2）父母应该掌管压岁钱吗？ （3）你有什么建议给文中的小男孩？ [写作要求 写作要求] 写作要求 1. 作文中可以使用亲身经历或虚构的故事，也可以参照阅读材料的内容，但不得直 接引用原文中的句子。 2. 作文中不能出现真实姓名和学校名称。 [评分标准 评分标准] 评分标准 概括准确，语言规范，内容合适，语篇连贯。
年佛山市普通高中高三教学质量检测（ 2012 年佛山市普通高中高三教学质量检测（二）
完形填空（ 小题， 第一节 完形填空（共 15 小题，每小题 2 分） 1. A 2. C 3. C 4. D 5. B 6. C 7. B 8. A 9. D 10.
英语试题 第 11 页 共 14 页
C 11. B 12. C 13. B 14. D 15. A
语法填空（ 小题， 第二节 语法填空（共 10 小题，每小题 1.5 分） 16. It 21. who 17. to 22. to help 18. was founded 23. the 19. deaths 24. of 20. earlier 25. and/so
II 阅读（共 25 小题，每小题 2 分） 小题，
26. A D 36. C C 46. F 47. A 48. E 49. D 50. C 37. B 38. B 39. D 40. B 41. B 42. C 43. B 44. D 45. 27. B 28. A 29. C 30. D 31. B 32. D 33. A 34. C 35.
基础写作（ 小题， 第一节 基础写作（共 1 小题，每小题 15 分） 参考范文: 参考范文 Last week, some of us made a survey about middle school students’ health. The survey shows that the general health of middle school students is declining year by year, with more people having the problem of overweight. One of the reasons could be that they have a heavy load in their study so that they seldom do physical exercises. What’s more, they don’t do labor work like housework and they don’t have a balanced diet. To solve the problem, experts advise that we should not chat on line so often in so that we can have enough sleep and we should do sports for at least one hour a day. Besides, we’d better eat more of fruits and vegetables and refuse junk foods.
英语试题 第 12 页 共 14 页
Last week, some of us made a survey about middle school students’ health. The survey shows that the general health of middle school students is declining year by year, with more people having the problem of overweight. One of the reasons could be that they have a heavy load in their study so that they seldom do physical exercises or labor work like housework. What’s more, many of them don’t have a balanced diet. To solve the problem, experts advise that we students should not chat on line so often in order to have enough sleep time and we should do sports for at least one hour a day. Besides, we’d better eat more of fruits and vegetables and refuse junk foods. 读写任务（ 小题， 第二节 读写任务（共 1 小题，每小题 25 分） 参考范文: 参考范文 A boy’s parents took away his lucky money because they thought he should care about the family. However, the boy thought he could manage the money and was not happy about this. Every Spring Festival, I receive about 1000 yuan lucky money. My parents always let me keep it and I will tell them on what I plan to spend it. Usually, I use the money to buy things to help with my study at school. I personally think it is OK for my parents to take over my lucky money. After all, it is not the money that I earn myself. And I believe it’s not good for a kid to keep a large sum of money. Well, I suggest that the boy should have an honest talk with his parents instead of writing a post on the Internet to complain. If he needs money to buy something, he can simply ask his parents for it.
语法填空评分要求 语法填空评分要求 评分
题号 16 17 18 19 20
赋分 可能的答案 题号 1.5 分 It 21 1分 it 1.5 分 to 22 1.5 分 was founded 23 0.5 分 is/are/were founded 1.5 分 deaths 24 1分 death 1.5 分 earlier 25
赋分 1.5 分 1.5 分 1.5 分 1分 1.5 分 1.5 分
可能的答案 who to help The the of so/and
英语试题 第 13 页 共 14 页
英语试题 第 14 页 共 14 页